#1 Puerto Rock Punisher

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 81 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationAnywhere and everywhere....

Posted 09 January 2016 - 06:11 AM

Hello everyone,

I have a question about the pilot modules. I see that there are five levels or five items that can be purchased. I wanted to know for example if you buy a weapon modules and its at 1 of 5, if you purchase more, does the abilities stack. So for example cool down for lasers, if I purchase all five will the cool down be higher or is it that they stand on their own. So if you purchase two then its just two modules so when you master that line of mech's. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks....

#2 Roughneck45

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Handsome Devil
  • The Handsome Devil
  • 4,452 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 09 January 2016 - 06:29 AM

Upgrading from 1 to 5 will give you a maximum strength module.

You purchase the module with c-bills, you upgrade its effectiveness with GXP in the skills tab.

So, lets say its a cooldown module that starts at 5%. When you upgrade to level 2 it will become 10%, level 3 it becomes 15%, etc. It doesnt stack together, it just upgrades to the larger percentage.

Edited by Roughneck45, 09 January 2016 - 06:43 AM.

#3 Modo44

• Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 06:31 AM

You can unlock up to 5 levels of a weapon module. You can equip only one such module per mech. All modules are automatically upgraded for free to the currently unlocked version. For example, after buying a range module level 1, and later unlocking it to level 5, you will own a range module level 5.

#4 Puerto Rock Punisher

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 81 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationAnywhere and everywhere....

Posted 09 January 2016 - 06:37 AM

Okay so then getting the modules to level 5 is what I need to do, good to know. Was worried about spending my GXP and wasting it, but thanks for the help.

#5 Nik Reaper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 07:06 AM

Not to say that range modules are worth it, ( they are, just not as much in the first stages of the game ) did you consider getting a seismic module?
That one shows blips of moving enemy mechs on the minimap when you are standing still , many equate it to wall hack and is the most popular and used module across all mechs , but it costs a lot ( 6 mil cbills and 15k gxp to level 2 that is max ) so to all new players I suggest getting that one, as lack of situational awareness is the thing that will get you killed the most in the later game.

#6 mailin

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 2,033 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 09 January 2016 - 07:20 AM

The two best modules to have are Seismic and Radar Deprivation, BUT they are mech modules and cannot be equipped in a weapon module slot. Note that if you get a mech mastered (requires three variants of the same chassis) you get an additional module slot that can equip either a mech module or a weapon module.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users