21 replies to this topic

#21 mikerso

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 367 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 09:43 PM

View PostTheRAbbi, on 10 January 2016 - 08:41 PM, said:

Yeah, I hear very few good things about the Ember, compared to the other FS9s. BUT, some folks love their oddballs and do some incredible stuff in them.

Firestarter IS, Ember or not, THE top IS light mech for anything other than long-range harassment/sniping. If that's what you want to do, the only other light even roughly comparable to it is the OP-AF Arctic Cheetah.

Ember can be a crit machine the 4 MG with 4 small pulse laser can deal some heavy damage in their own right. I use it as a fist full of bumblebees type build. Use the small pulse to strip armor, then let loose those bumblebees for crits.

#22 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 11 January 2016 - 12:37 AM

View Postmikerso, on 10 January 2016 - 09:43 PM, said:

Ember can be a crit machine the 4 MG with 4 small pulse laser can deal some heavy damage in their own right. I use it as a fist full of bumblebees type build. Use the small pulse to strip armor, then let loose those bumblebees for crits.

that works especially well if you can get behind an enemy who is distracted (e.g. firing on something else), most mount 10 or less rear armor, so the SPLs open up the back, machine guns get to work, then the target is usualy down by the third SPL shot, if they were not engaged they would have noticed you, but if engaged they oftern do not.

The best part is you will sometimes be accused of cheating for doing that because he/she was distracted as far as the other player is concerned 1 second they had max armor the next second they were dead, I find that amusing.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users