Help Me Question Guide

5 replies to this topic

#1 Xetelian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,391 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 03:13 PM

New steam forums and people are asking about Adv. Target Decay and Radar Deprivation so since I am unsure I thought I'd ask here.

As far as I know, when you have ATDecay you get 1.5 seconds of time against a Radar Dep. equipped mech.

However, someone said this is not true and you get instant loss regardless of ATDecay.

http://steamcommunit...05613402381326/

Can someone please answer this question so I will know for sure and can explain it to others?

#2 Hexenhammer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,729 posts
  • LocationKAETETôã

Posted 09 January 2016 - 03:29 PM

This is something I've wondered about as well.

#3 knight-of-ni

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,627 posts
  • Location/dev/null

Posted 09 January 2016 - 04:56 PM

If you've got the radar dep module, the other mech loses its lock on you the moment you go out of sight, regardless of what modules or widgets the other mech has.

If you want to test this then create a private match with a friend.

#4 knight-of-ni

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,627 posts
  • Location/dev/null

Posted 09 January 2016 - 05:20 PM

So my curiosity was aroused and I went looking for where this behaviour was stated.
I found it here in dev vlog #4:
http://mwomercs.com/...veloper-vlog-4/

It is in the paragraph that talks about upcoming modules for the clan mechs, which as we all know ended up being available to all mechs:

Clan modules are designed for the clan pack, which means they will also be released with the clan pack. We will have 5 different modules, 2 weapon modules and 2 normal `Mech modules. The 2 weapon modules are - one will increase the rate of fire of the AMS so you can take down more missiles. And the second one will improve the NARC, so increase range and increased duration. With the 3 `Mech modules we'll have one that reduces fall damage, one that will make you move faster when you've lost a leg, and one that - if an enemy has targeted you and you move out of sight, that target will be instantly lost, so there's no decay anymore. If you've pre-ordered one of the Clan packs, depending on which Clan pack you will get some or all of these modules together with a unique visual and/or audio effect.

Clan packs - gosh that seems so long ago.

#5 Lyoto Machida

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 05:45 PM

Always thought Decay and Radar Dep canceled each other out so you had the regular decay time again. Not really sure though.

#6 Xetelian

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,391 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 06:40 PM

View PostJman5, on 09 January 2016 - 05:55 PM, said:

Without Target decay against an opponent with Radar Deprivation you lose lock instantly.

Without Target Decay against a vanilla target you get about 2.25 seconds after losing Line of Sight before you lose lock.

With Advanced Target Decay against a vanilla target, you get something like 4.75 seconds after losing line of sight before you lose lock.

With Advanced Target Decay against a target with Radar Deprivation you get about 2.25 seconds after losing line of sight before you lose lock

However the mechanics are technically working, it helps to just think of it as if the two modules nullify each other and bring you back to base values. Its possible these numbers might be off by +/- 0.25 seconds since I tested this stuff by hand with a stop watch, but you guys get the idea.

Thank you JMAN5!

Took two threads to get an answer in one...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users