#1 TheoLu

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 73 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationNapier, South Africa

Posted 09 January 2016 - 01:12 PM

Unknown Failure

Been getting this for the past half hour or so. All the searching I've done online has yielded no results as to what might be wrong or what I could do, so, any advice?

If there's a known resolution or troubleshooting path, perhaps an easily-found sticky somewhere?

#2 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 09 January 2016 - 04:05 PM

View PostAnonyTerrorNinja, on 09 January 2016 - 01:12 PM, said:

Unknown Failure

Been getting this for the past half hour or so. All the searching I've done online has yielded no results as to what might be wrong or what I could do, so, any advice?

If there's a known resolution or troubleshooting path, perhaps an easily-found sticky somewhere?

Run the repair tool.(top right button on the logging page as I remember) If the repair tool comes back OK then you have to look for something causing the problems. I would start by turning off any virus/malware program.

I would then look into your video card drivers. See when they were last updated. Sometimes they update automatically and cause issue. You can try to rolls these back or update to new versions

I would try running a memory test program. Make sure your computer hardware is doing OK. Memtest86 is a free easy one. Zero errors are ok.

Edited by Monkey Lover, 09 January 2016 - 04:08 PM.

#3 TheoLu

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 73 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationNapier, South Africa

Posted 10 January 2016 - 12:28 AM

Thanks, at the time the game had disconnected due to inactivity on the main menu, then when I tried reconnecting I simply kept getting that error. Went to sleep a few hours later, tried logging in this morning and everything's working fine again.

I tried tracerts to two IP addresses provided to another player in support correspondence they pasted, both routes were fine.
Graphics card drivers I'd actually deliberately locked to a specific version for CUDA functionality in PowerDirector earlier in the day, but as mentioned the game was running fine one moment, not a moment later.

Hopefully if the issue occurs again I might be able to isolate a problem using your suggestions.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users