• LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 09 January 2016 - 06:44 PM

Absolutly makes the game unplayable.

#2 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 09 January 2016 - 06:47 PM

In pug queue it is annoying but not too bad. The matches finish in a short amount of time.

Wait until you play CW and have 2 DCs right off the bat. Waste of up to 40 minutes.

#3 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 09 January 2016 - 06:49 PM

There's definitely something awry tonight.

#4 Crenue

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 81 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 08:28 PM

If you are playing Tier 1 and Tier 2 players, and they are using a Lag Switch. The DCs will be constant. its like PGI's servers just can't handle it.

If you got access to a Tier 5 or tier 4 account, you will notice that the DCs are almost nonexistent.

#5 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 09 January 2016 - 08:54 PM

View PostRatchada, on 09 January 2016 - 08:28 PM, said:

If you are playing Tier 1 and Tier 2 players, and they are using a Lag Switch. The DCs will be constant. its like PGI's servers just can't handle it.

If you got access to a Tier 5 or tier 4 account, you will notice that the DCs are almost nonexistent.

High tier players are using a lag switch? Please. This is MWO, not some CoD garbage riddled by teenagers with sensitive epeens. What makes you think that: A: ... players are lag switching in MWO? B: ... it can affect the servers? C: there are enough people actually lag switching to affect the servers if it is even possible?

#6 Crenue

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 81 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 08:08 AM

View PostTarogato, on 09 January 2016 - 08:54 PM, said:

High tier players are using a lag switch? Please. This is MWO, not some CoD garbage riddled by teenagers with sensitive epeens. What makes you think that: A: ... players are lag switching in MWO? B: ... it can affect the servers? C: there are enough people actually lag switching to affect the servers if it is even possible?

I would have said no in the past, but I see the lag switches a lot. On matches where I see a lot of DCs or we all seem to DC, I see a units and or the players I associate as using lag switches. Its freaking annoying.

I never see this in the lower tiers.

#7 Skoll

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 994 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 08:11 AM

View PostTarogato, on 09 January 2016 - 08:54 PM, said:

High tier players are using a lag switch? Please. This is MWO, not some CoD garbage riddled by teenagers with sensitive epeens.

I have the feeling that we're playing distinctly different games.

#8 TELEFORCE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 1,555 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 08:34 AM

I just got booted out of a game now, 11:33 AM EST Sunday Jan. 10 2016. I was sniping the enemy from the top of a wall in my Shadow Cat on HPG Manifold when it appeared the game was starting to lag. I was then booted to the MechLab with the note that I was disconnected from the game server. I was connected to a game on the Oceanic server.

#9 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 11 January 2016 - 12:42 AM

View PostRatchada, on 10 January 2016 - 08:08 AM, said:

I would have said no in the past, but I see the lag switches a lot. On matches where I see a lot of DCs or we all seem to DC, I see a units and or the players I associate as using lag switches. Its freaking annoying.

Proof, then. Would love to see indisputable evidence, because that's a heck of a claim to make.

#10 Narcissistic Martyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 4,242 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 11 January 2016 - 01:44 AM

AMD's latest drivers have been causing crashes or so I heard. I rolled back to the last catalyst driver a while back.

#11 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 11 January 2016 - 02:57 AM

View PostRatchada, on 10 January 2016 - 08:08 AM, said:

Because your alternating between high and low tiers to check? And you have some way to confirm that people are using "lag switches"? Or you're seeing disconnects and simply attributing that to Evil High Tier Players Cheating?

And yeah, the crimson drivers caused severe crashes for me until I rolled back to 15.1 CCC. I'd disconnect in roughly 50% of my matches.

But it can't possibly be something legit, a driver or a network issue. It has to be Those Evil High Tier Players Who Have To Be Cheating Because Its Easier To Believe They Cheat Than The Alternative: That I Suck.

Edited by Wintersdark, 11 January 2016 - 02:58 AM.

#12 Forrest_3

• PipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 24 posts
  • LocationSkye

Posted 11 January 2016 - 11:08 PM

Glad to see this thread. I have been lagging and disconnecting from Group and Faction play for the last 2 days. Aggravating as hell.. Whats going on ?
I just started this game about 2 weeks ago and have had no problem till now. Emailed MWO Tech but no answer back.

#13 Sagamore

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 930 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 11 January 2016 - 11:37 PM

Disconnects... start working towards that Guillotine title?

I wish that DC players didn't count towards match score or achievements. But I guess the potential for abuse would be too high.

I once had an enemy SCR loop around the back of our base to take out a DC player. He was taking his sweet time picking off each body part and was finally going for the head. Meanwhile 2 fast movers (myself included) were able to take him out before he could kill our DC player. His team ended up losing too but he had some decent damage in the end!

#14 Forrest_3

• PipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 24 posts
  • LocationSkye

Posted 11 January 2016 - 11:55 PM

Ironically I just got a response from MWO tech Olga Bugrova. I have received lengthy instructions to disable my firewall/anti virus, flush DNS and various other computer programmer geek squad instructions, like this is somehow my fault. My ? is...how did the game work perfectly for the past 2 and a half weeks without all the IT stuff I am suppose to do, and now it suddenly lags and disconnects within the last 50 hours or so..?
Other MMO games I have such as World of Tanks, Armored Warfare etc all work just fine. Whats up with that? The ONLY game acting out is MWO..! I did not download it off Steam?

Edited by USMVmc, 12 January 2016 - 12:01 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users