Kodiak Builds And Speculation

BattleMechs Loadout

44 replies to this topic

#1 Hit the Deck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,677 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 09 January 2016 - 07:26 PM

Because we could get it according to the running "vote", I'd like to know the possible loadouts. Let's start!

KDK (O):
  • 4x cLPL + 4x cMPL on the arms
  • Endo, Ferro, XL400, 24 DHS
  • 84 Firepower, 26% Cooling, ~70kph
KDK-2 (the jumping variant):
  • will probably be meh to OK
KDK-3:
  • 2x Gauss or cUAC/10 + bunch of lasers (e.g. 2LPL+2ERML)
  • you probably want to drop the 400 rated engine a bit to mount adequate number of DHS
KDK-5 (energy boat):
  • Hmm not sure what to do with this variant. Need to know where the additional 2 energy hardpoints are located.
This Mech's effectiveness depends on how its arm hardpoints are located because most of its firepower are on the arms (energy). As an energy boat, it has greater firepower than the EXE while moving at the same speed but with lower mobility and agility (because of no JJs and MASC). KDK-3 is probably what people hope the HGN-IIC-C could do.

Overall, it seems to be decent. What do you think?

Edited by Hit the Deck, 29 January 2016 - 07:46 PM.

#2 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 09 January 2016 - 07:47 PM

Here is hoping that the Kodiak retains its lasers on top of the forearms. PGI tend to put them under the arms, which sucks balls. The hitboxes look fine, as are the high mounts of CUAC20+SRM launchers.

Posted Image

Edited by El Bandito, 09 January 2016 - 07:49 PM.

#3 Sable

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 924 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 07:48 PM

those don't sound like the actual variants, those sound like what YOU would do with them.

#4 pbiggz

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,690 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 09 January 2016 - 07:49 PM

View PostSable, on 09 January 2016 - 07:48 PM, said:

those don't sound like the actual variants, those sound like what YOU would do with them.

I think that was the point...

as for what I'd do, hard to say, because its a battle mech so you don't know what kind of hard point inflation it'll get. Here's hoping it isn't DOA from atlas sized mega hitboxes sans atlas brawl quirks because its a clan mech.

Edited by pbiggz, 09 January 2016 - 07:50 PM.

#5 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 09 January 2016 - 08:07 PM

It's a Battlemech, so the engine won't be fixed.

Hello, XL350! Larger engines cost too much tonnage for too little additional speed.

XL350: 61kph
XL375: 65.3kph, +4.3kph, +4.5t
XL400 69.7kph, +8.7kph, +11.5t. ELEVEN POINT FIVE TONS, for +8.7kph. After speed tweak. That's almost a full Gauss Rifle/UAC20 in tonnage difference.

#6 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 09 January 2016 - 08:23 PM

Posted Image

69 Kph stock
It seems I also forgot to adjust armour values...With Endo but not FF, 42.5 tons

Drop to a 350XL, 54 tons of guns, 61 Kph (Endo but no Ferro)
Drop to a 375XL, 49.5 tons of guns, 65 Kph (Endo but no Ferro)

LB40X + 6cSPLs strikes me as amusing, at 69 Kph. A single HoverJet™ to traverse those pebbles.

Edited by Mcgral18, 09 January 2016 - 08:24 PM.

#7 Strum Wealh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 09 January 2016 - 08:27 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 09 January 2016 - 07:47 PM, said:

Here is hoping that the Kodiak retains its lasers on top of the forearms. PGI tend to put them under the arms, which sucks balls. The hitboxes look fine, as are the high mounts of CUAC20+SRM launchers.

Posted Image

The actual artwork and the miniatures have the lasers (and the (non-functional) claws) on the outside-sides of the forearms & extending over the backs of the hands "Wolverine-style".
I would not be surprised if a MWO Kodiak maintains this arrangement.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#8 Y E O N N E

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 08:31 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 09 January 2016 - 08:23 PM, said:

LB40X + 6cSPLs strikes me as amusing, at 69 Kph. A single HoverJet™ to traverse those pebbles.

Meh, Mauler does that thing already. 9 kph difference is nothing to write home about.

Edited by Yeonne Greene, 09 January 2016 - 08:32 PM.

#9 Sigilum Sanctum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,673 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 09 January 2016 - 08:32 PM

Posted Image

#10 Alistair Winter

• Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 09 January 2016 - 08:33 PM

• STD350
  • 8 large claws
  • 1 SRM6
  • 10 DHS
  • 5 jump jets
  • AMS (1 ton of ammo)
  • 1 stupid bear growl war horn
  • Ice breaking module for jumping out of frozen lakes
God, I hope they pick a different mech than the Kodiak.

#11 Mcgral18

• 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 09 January 2016 - 08:36 PM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 09 January 2016 - 08:31 PM, said:

Meh, Mauler does that thing already. 9 kph difference is nothing to write home about.

No Ghost Heat, more damage (less range)

Fun robots are important to have, every now and then.

View PostSigilum Sanctum, on 09 January 2016 - 08:32 PM, said:

Posted Image

If you want ONLY those 2 items, Hunch IIC can do it.

HBK-IIC LB40x Lulz
Now, durability...this is a smaller target, but much less armour. Similar ammo levels (1 ton less?) but no lasers, of course.

Edited by Mcgral18, 09 January 2016 - 08:37 PM.

#12 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 09 January 2016 - 09:21 PM

A Hoverjet™ against all hope... of being fixed. HIEP HIEP HIEP (pronounced "hy-pe", Hoverjets™ Inventor Elimination Party).

#13 Mcgral18

• 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 09 January 2016 - 09:29 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 09 January 2016 - 09:21 PM, said:

A Hoverjet™ against all hope... of being fixed. HIEP HIEP HIEP (pronounced "hy-pe", Hoverjets™ Inventor Elimination Party).

Well, I don't want him removed, necessarily.

I just want at least one useful change a month (and a handful of less useful ones in the search of a useful one).
That's as opposed to nothing for months then a fustercluck of Giganerfs. Those iterative changes which evade us...I'll use the HGN 733P quirk as a benchmark. How long until that worthless one changes? Hopefully the 19th. If not...well, a little bit of hope is lost for that attribute removal.

4 HoverJets on a 100 tonner...8 tons should be worth something.

Edited by Mcgral18, 09 January 2016 - 09:39 PM.

#14 Zordicron

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 09:33 PM

Would rather a Supernova, but I would buy a Kodiak prolly. I would most likely use the missile slots on variants that have them, and big ballistic(s). Lasers for additional firepower. Not a fan of clan laser boats, they run to effing hot for sustained combat and a 100 ton mech is too big to get out of it's own way to playt eh hit and fade game like smaller mechs can do.

So prolly, Clan Atlas style loadout, like a Boar's Head that can actually use the giant XL engine and not die. Substitute more dakka on variants that can do so. I hope they give it some structure buffs, clan weapons or no, this thing will be an in your face brawler and will need some Atlas style lovin' for some durability quirks IMO.

#15 Wintersdark

• 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 09 January 2016 - 09:33 PM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 09 January 2016 - 08:31 PM, said:

This is why I was talking about downgrading the engine.

Of course, McGral's point is weeee, fun! Which is important.

In practical terms, however, if you're happy with a 310 rated engine, you gain sixteen tons over the 400 rated engine.

That's a substantial difference. I can't really see going lower than a 325 and saving 14.5t, personally, otherwise why aren't you just running a Direwolf?

#16 Y E O N N E

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 09:42 PM

The only reason I downgraded it to a 310 was to fit some extra DHS. It's entirely possible to get that build onto a 326, you are just going to be running at the base 10 TruDubs level which, frankly, sucks.

That said, the build is still a Lolbuild. If I wanted to be serious I'd go to a 325, drop the two AC/20 for two AC/10, and use the extra tonnage for five extra DHS.

Also, that AC/20 build is actually probably better at what it does if you bump up to a 325, strip out the lasers and arm armor in exchange for twin SRM4, and add 3x DHS. F*ck your Atlas!

#17 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 09 January 2016 - 09:43 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 09 January 2016 - 09:29 PM, said:

Well, I don't want him removed, necessarily.

It doesn't necessary have to go that route... but as long as he's using dat dartboard...

I just want at least one useful change a month (and a handful of less useful ones in the search of a useful one).
That's as opposed to nothing for months then a fustercluck of Giganerfs. Those iterative changes which evade us...I'll use the HGN 733P quirk as a benchmark. How long until that worthless one changes? Hopefully the 19th. If not...well, a little bit of hope is lost for that attribute removal.

Been complaining about other ones... maybe in July.

4 HoverJets on a 100 tonner...8 tons should be worth something.

Well, the Battlemech options makes the Gargles weep.

Ghost heat is the Kodiak's actual nemesis.

#18 Mcgral18

• 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 09 January 2016 - 09:45 PM

View PostWintersdark, on 09 January 2016 - 09:33 PM, said:

This is why I was talking about downgrading the engine.

Of course, McGral's point is weeee, fun! Which is important.

In practical terms, however, if you're happy with a 310 rated engine, you gain sixteen tons over the 400 rated engine.

That's a substantial difference. I can't really see going lower than a 325 and saving 14.5t, personally, otherwise why aren't you just running a Direwolf?

With the 400 engine, you can get a hefty 29 DHS on a 71 pinpoint alpha.

6MPLs 2LPLs, with Endo steel. Zero Crit Slots remaining, as it happens, with a half ton of armour stripping (to the nearest ton).

Sounds pretty nasty to me. The lack of Ballistic slots means...it's hard to make use of 40+ tons. Hardpoint inflation can change that, of course. Dual UAC10s (if that single slot is inflated) would be a wise investment over full on laservomit, situationally.
Gauss Vomit could apply...but large, fragile bombs are also a risk to weigh.

We'll find out within a few months, I'm sure. +10 tons can get you another Gauss (or full UAC10), if you sacrifice a heatsink and a laser. It just has so few places to mount them...huh, like the Atlas...just with much better lasers (and more of them).

Edited by Mcgral18, 09 January 2016 - 09:48 PM.

#19 Ace Selin

• 2,534 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 09 January 2016 - 09:56 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 09 January 2016 - 07:47 PM, said:

Posted Image

That looks sexy !!

#20 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,558 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 09 January 2016 - 10:00 PM

69 Kph stock
It seems I also forgot to adjust armour values...With Endo but not FF, 42.5 tons

Drop to a 350XL, 54 tons of guns, 61 Kph (Endo but no Ferro)
Drop to a 375XL, 49.5 tons of guns, 65 Kph (Endo but no Ferro)

Mcgral... dude, quit stealing my thunder. First the Turkina, now this. Posted Image

For those interested, the link above includes some in-depth theorycraft about the hardpoints that the Kodiak(s) could get in MWO. I'm not impressed by it. Kinda like the Turkina... there's really no point in bringing a Kodiak ever, except for aesthetic appeal. There's not one thing that it can do that a DWF can't do better.

21 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 21 guests, 0 anonymous users