Mwo Omnis Are Actually Using Semi-Modular System?

2 replies to this topic

#1 VinJade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 03:14 AM

since the .. other topics I have been in about adding/removing things like ES, JJs, FFA, Engines, ect. got me thinking.

what if the omnis we see in MWO are not actual Omnis but in fact using the same semi-modular system as the SL Mercury mech did?

which was what predated the actual omni technology.
This would explain why you can change the armor and limited 'ports' or hard points if you will.
If this is could in fact be true then it would allow players to change a lot of things(the Frame would be pushing it).

I was reminded of this system when I was reading the lore for the Corvis and everything almost matches up with everything we see.
http://www.sarna.net...t/wiki/Corvis
Posted Image

coincidence?
you deiced.

Edited by VinJade, 10 January 2016 - 03:16 AM.

#2 Eglar

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 921 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 January 2016 - 05:32 AM

pgi is well aware that the omni system is not an actual TT-Omni system.

In keeping with the tabletop rules, and to provide a balance to both Clan technology and the customization allowed by the Omni technology, OmniMechs have several limits to their customization that are not present in standard BattleMechs. Each configuration of an OmniMech is built upon a base configuration. The base configuration is what remains when all the customizable weapons and equipment of an OmniMech are removed, leaving only that which is permanently fixed in place.

#3 Triordinant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,495 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Side of the Moon

Posted 10 January 2016 - 07:06 AM

View PostVinJade, on 10 January 2016 - 03:14 AM, said:

coincidence?
you deiced.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users