- - - - -

Ssrm Help

11 replies to this topic

#1 Man in a box

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 04:58 PM

Would love to get something to speed up lock on time for SSRM would the Module "target info gathering " do it ? or anything else ?

Thanks

#2 mailin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 2,033 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 11 January 2016 - 05:20 PM

View PostMan in a box, on 11 January 2016 - 04:58 PM, said:

Would love to get something to speed up lock on time for SSRM would the Module "target info gathering " do it ? or anything else ?

Thanks

Target info gathering, Beagle Active Probe, Command Console, TAG laser, and NARC will all do it in various ways, and some of them stack.

#3 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 05:20 PM

View PostMan in a box, on 11 January 2016 - 04:58 PM, said:

Thanks

Command Console (mounted on cockpit) for IS heavies/assaults.

BAP will speed up lock on time against ECM mechs (by removing the "delay" caused by ECM).
TAG will speed up lock on time while it is in use.
Equipping Artemis IV with your Streaks, by way of a bug that PGI has no intention of fixing (it's almost 4 years...still no fix), will give you faster locks.

#4 mailin

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 2,033 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 11 January 2016 - 05:22 PM

I totally forgot about artemis!! Silly me.

#5 Fox With A Shotgun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 05:38 PM

Yep, I think that covers about everything. TComp will do it too, I think - will need to test this when I get in-game. Personally, I would recommend that you ditch streaks as soon as you can. Dumbfired SRMs will almost always destroy streaks in close-range DPS because of streaks' much increased cooldown. Not to mention the weight savings.

#6 Man in a box

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 07:27 PM

Ok so what I have a a SCR-D with SSRM 6 x3 and SSRM 4x2,
I have a clan active probe and under upgrades Artemis is bright blue as though I have it, I still have 2 open module spots and was going to get radar deprivation unless I can get faster locks on targets as I take a lot of damage doing just that.

Only module I see that may do that is "target info gathering ".

I dont see
BAP will speed up lock on time against ECM mechs (by removing the "delay" caused by ECM).
TAG will speed up lock on time while it is in use.

These at all are they modules ?

Thanks for your help

#7 Fox With A Shotgun

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 07:30 PM

BAP is not a module. If you're in a StormCrow, this is actually a CAP (Clan Active Probe). This comes under Equipment, and costs 200k cbills iirc.
TAG is an energy weapon. If you're in a missile boat SCR, you probably don't have an E hardpoint left for a TAG.
Target Info Gathering is a module.

In all honesty, though, seriously. Get normal SRMs and learn to aim them. SSRM is great against lights but fails really hard against everything else due to lack of DPS after your first burst. Not to mention that you'll be spreading damage all over the place. At least with SRMs you can force the missiles to hit a specific component. More so if you use Artemis.

Edited by ArcturusWolf, 11 January 2016 - 07:31 PM.

#8 Hexenhammer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,729 posts
  • LocationKAETETôã

Posted 11 January 2016 - 07:35 PM

If you're going to rely on Streaks for anything a BAP or Clan Active Probe is a must other wise ECM mechs will dance circles around you.

#9 Fox With A Shotgun

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 07:42 PM

View PostHexenhammer, on 11 January 2016 - 07:35 PM, said:

If you're going to rely on Streaks for anything a BAP or Clan Active Probe is a must other wise ECM mechs will dance circles around you.

Also this. If you're up against one ACH with ECM, you can still hit him if you have a CAP. Two ACHs with ECM? Nope, you are already dead. Dumbfire weapons can still fire, but lock-on weapons can't. BAP/CAP cancels out exactly one ECM in disrupt mode; more than one, and the ECM still wins, and you cannot fire at all.

Try SCR-D SSRM6x3 | CAP | TAG | C-ERSL x 6. It's a more balanced build that can still slaughter lights, but lets you deal with other close-up threats fairly well. Hits harder, and can do 30 points targeted damage on top of 36 spread damage. You have TAG to assist with the SSRMs as well, to boot, and makes sure you can still hit something even with heavy ECM jamming.

Alternatively, if you decide to use dumbfired SRMs sometime, this build lays down even more hurt in less time: SCR-D 3x C-SRM6 | 6x C-SPL Asymmetric or SCR-D SRM6 x 3 | C-SPL x 6

Edited by ArcturusWolf, 11 January 2016 - 09:57 PM.

#10 Man in a box

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 08:20 PM

Thanks a lot guys, always sucked at hitting with regular SRM's and I have been having fun actually hitting the lights with the SSRM, will be checking out all the advise I have gotten, thanks a bunch for the heads up.

#11 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 09:38 PM

View PostArcturusWolf, on 11 January 2016 - 07:42 PM, said:

Try SCR-D SSRM6x3 | CAP | TAG | C-ERSL x 6. It's a more balanced build that can still slaughter lights, but lets you deal with other close-up threats fairly well. Hits harder, and can do 30 points targeted damage on top of 36 spread damage. You have TAG to assist with the SSRMs as well, to boot, and makes sure you can still hit something even with heavy ECM jamming.

Like the build.. gonna have to try it. Kinda like a nova with missiles!

#12 jack 0

• Pip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 17 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 11 January 2016 - 11:15 PM

I've been having a lot of fun on my clan account running the SCR-D with C-SSRM 6 x5, Artemis, CAP, and the Prime head with a tag. I haven't had the clan account for very long, so the only module I'm using with it is the C-SSRM 6 cooldown. Once I get enough global xp I plan to pick up target decay to make my life a bit easier.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users