23 replies to this topic

#21 Atreus Ofiach

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 207 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 11 January 2016 - 01:14 PM

Oh so the C-AC5 gets 60 shots per ton? and that's actually 60 bursts??? Holy crap.

#22 Lazygunns

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 01:28 PM

My first mech was a Jaeger dd way back when.

I get most of my dakka from a hellbringer these days. High mounted dual c uac5 in one torso, 3ml and ecm in the other. 2 more ml in the arms.

Runs a bit hot...

#23 Not A Real RAbbi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationDeath to Aladeen Cafe

Posted 11 January 2016 - 10:08 PM

View Postjordanfoy, on 11 January 2016 - 01:14 PM, said:

Oh so the C-AC5 gets 60 shots per ton? and that's actually 60 bursts??? Holy crap.

No. The Clan UAC/5 gets 60 rounds per ton, and fires two rounds per trigger pull, for 30 trigger pulls per ton, same as the IS counterpart. Can UAC/20 gets 28 ROUNDS per ton, but fires four ROUND per trigger pull, so it gets 7 trigger pulls per ton, same as the IS AC/20.

I'm pretty sure all of the autocannons work out that way, but haven't really paid attention to a couple of them.

Where the Clan ACs and UACs are basically identical functionally, save that the UACs can fire twice per cooldown with that jam chance, you get the same ammo-per-ton for a UAC and AC with Clans. And you get the same number of trigger pulls for a Clan or IS AC per ton of ammo.

Also, same number of Gauss rounds per ton (though that's thankfully not a BURST weapon, so the big difference Clan-to-IS is weight and critical space).

Thought they were gonna change that for Clan MGs versus IS ones, but not sure if they did or not. That is, have less ammo per ton for the Clan MGs. Last I looked at Smurfy, it seemed you got 2000 rounds for either for a ton. Meh, whatever. MGs OP!

@Lazygunns-- I ran something similar in my first (and so far only, though I'm probably going to buy the others) HBR, but gave up one of the ERMLs for another heat sink. Worked pretty well in PUG first time out (so NO BASIC skills at all yet). Highly recommend the head omni that has the E hard point, and slapping that laser on a separate fire group for light hill humps--virtually free trades there. Those Clan UAC/5s are nice, especially with the range and cooldown modules. Also used to run a triple-UAC/5 EBJ-A that could swing some respectable damage numbers, but traded that up to a dual-UAC/10. Less range, more damage, less face time, more giggles. Have run it once in group queue so far, and loved it. Thought about running a UAC/10 in the HBR, and may still when I get around to buying my second one. Clan dakka is FUN!

#24 Lazygunns

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 12:47 AM

I'll have to check when I get back tonight but I've got a feeling I run that setup TheRabbi. ...Just with the extra ml in the head and no heat sink lol

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users