Air Strike Question

5 replies to this topic

#1 Legion173

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 23 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 07:17 AM

I have seen some older posts on the subject but wanted an up to date answer. what effects the direction the linear air strike comes in on? the facing of your feet? the direction of your starting location? facing of your torso? thanks

#2 Eaerie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 250 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 07:44 AM

I starts at the location you target and goes in a straight line away from the direction you were facing when you deployed it. (the way your upper torso was facing)

#3 Legion173

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 23 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 07:57 AM

thanks. I haven't used it much but realized its good with getting people out (or into) cover. I also used it to call on my own position to give one last death middle finger (to the enemy) after someone called a push and apparently that was code for "Legion push and we will move forward than fall back after a toe nail clipping hit our front armor." that was 2 assault mechs by the way.....

#4 Khereg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 919 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 11 January 2016 - 10:17 AM

View PostLegion173, on 11 January 2016 - 07:57 AM, said:

I also used it to call on my own position to give one last death middle finger (to the enemy) ...

Do it to a friend and you will have grasped all the nuances...

Edited by Khereg, 11 January 2016 - 10:18 AM.

#5 Legion173

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 23 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 10:42 AM

hahaha......shouldn't have watched it work. I actually laughed out loud. the music was what made the difference. thanks

#6 Khereg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 919 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 11 January 2016 - 11:45 AM

View PostEaerie, on 11 January 2016 - 07:44 AM, said:

I starts at the location you target and goes in a straight line away from the direction you were facing when you deployed it. (the way your upper torso was facing)

This makes it ideal for hitting a target, or group of targets, hiding behind cover. You can drop on the front of a hill, wall, or other obstacle and it will strike anything hiding behind. Also, the strike itself deploys all of the shells nearly instantaneously once triggered. If you're in the area when it goes off, you're gonna get nailed.

Artillery strikes OTOH strike a circular area surrounding the smoke with a number of shells that fall in random spots inside the radius of the target circle. This is better used on clusters of enemies you can see in a group. The shells go off one at a time and take a few seconds to fully deploy. Combined with the somewhat random locations of the hits, this can give opponents a better chance to avoid getting hit than with an airstrike.

I personally prefer airstrikes for this reason, but arty's have their place, too. Note you can only bring one or the other on a specific mech. You can't bring both.

Edited by Khereg, 11 January 2016 - 11:45 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users