7 replies to this topic

#1 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 09:56 PM

*edit for ease of question.. :)

If i am running a CW drop deck, i have the ARC or Adder (for light), SCR and timber.. I could use a EXE,, Or my thinking was a war hawk in case they drop the weight.

As far as assaults go, How does the EXE stack up.. I know the dire is slow and all dakka, But i don't see warhawks that much and really don't know much about um, expect they do seem to beable to run energy boats well.. (i hear they have ammo issues). The EXE looks to be sorta like a fat victor, or highlander.. faster and more mobile.

With the sales, it seems like the EXE could be worth grabbing, but this time last year they put all mechs on sale over a month.. perhaps the warhawk will hit sale soon? It has me wondering if the EXE is more customization as well meaning, is it flexible in how it's played, or does it have something it leans towards?

Edited by JC Daxion, 12 January 2016 - 06:39 PM.

#2 Rhavin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 356 posts
  • LocationThe Dropship Texas, FRR

Posted 12 January 2016 - 02:10 AM

I like the exe, with the right omnis and proper use of masc and jumpjets it can be downright quick to turn a corner. It's been a better brawler for me with a ton of small pulse lasers and med lasers. Haven't played mine in a while so can't remember the exact build. Also see dakka+ lasers builds that work well.

Problem I found is that once it's arms are gone, so is your firepower. The jets won't get you high enough to snipe with its low slung arms either. It is nice for getting over small terrain or jet bumping to avoid that damage from a big fall but If those Jets could be removed the chassis would be on par with a dire wolf in my opinion. Shame cause in tabletop I always felt it was a superior mech to the dire wolf because of its speed.

I am unaware of a hellbringer with jump jets, are you talking about the Thor AKA Summoner? It really gets up high for its size, and has great speed, it's lackluster in the tonnage for weapons. Some pilots really shine in them though. Can make a great long range harasser with lRMS and energy and can somewhat still pop tart. It's speed and agility let it move up and over in a brawl with srms and an auto cannon and that makes it an overlooked threat.

#3 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 03:16 PM

*edit for rambling..

Yes,, I confused it with the Thor... Whoops. And yea, thors and Nova's are on the list of getting bought down the road

I guess what i am saying, is EXE, or warhawk, though do people like the garoyal? It's kinda obvious people like the Dakka wolf, but the others i see so much less and just don't know much about. If ya had one clan assault, for a drop deck which would it be?Posted Image

Edited by JC Daxion, 12 January 2016 - 06:41 PM.

#4 John1352

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,025 posts
  • LocationConnecting....

Posted 12 January 2016 - 08:24 PM

IMO each of the clan assaults are situational and the ideal time to use them depends on both build and chassis. What do you want out of what you buy?

Direwolf - wreck enemies who come around the corner in front of you. Better on defence.

Executioner - full of SPL it will be able to annihilate an isolated enemy at close range. This can be tricky to set up on some CW maps. Midrange is also an option.

Warhawk - All sorts of builds can be effective, hard to say what is best.

Gargoyle - A Timberwolf without jumpjets or endosteel.

Disclaimer: I only own dires, however I've seen the others used well and badly quite a lot, as well as played similar builds on lighter mechs I.e. timber.

#5 loopala

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,242 posts
  • LocationDa UP of Mich

Posted 12 January 2016 - 08:43 PM

i have an EXE in my drop deck and i kind of hold it back for when we are getting over run. it is devastating up close and CQB very well. needs to be around a lot of cover to work best. pop around a corner, unload, fade away, do it again. very effective at back stabbing. but as typed very situational. very squishy for an assault but it can dance like no other fatty. but i am a light mech pilot at heart so i like to dance over armor and firepower.

warhawk is a very solid mech. very good all a rounder with most builds. nice high mounts and ok hit boxes. good survivability. only real thing wrong with it is it is overshadowed by the direwolf.

basicly come down to what kind of pilot you are. are you a dancer or a pounder?

#6 latinisator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 569 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 January 2016 - 08:50 PM

As long as the Clan drop decks limit is 260t:

TBR, TBR, SCR, SCR (or 4x EBJ / HBR)

Do not even bother the assaults.

As for your question: The Executioner is pretty decent in the right hands. That is why some are clamouring it were doa.
Same is true for the Gargoyle.

For my part I can say that the Nova is the Mech I am using the most. Have two of them in my drop deck.

#7 Tezzereth

• PipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 25 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 12:01 AM

If they ever release a cityscape map, perhaps, but the CW maps are generally wide open. It favorites laser boating shorter ranged lasers over anything else, but lpl with split backup is doable too.

With proper maneuvering, you can get the EXE into some fun spots on regular maps. You can get yourself to the tops of some of the rock structures on Tourmaline, and the buildings on River City and Crimson Straight. Fun to hide and stand still, and when seismic goes off, jump down and back blast someone with 7spl and 3mpl, lol.

#8 The Basilisk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 13 January 2016 - 01:07 AM

While EXE and Gargoyle seem to be pretty mediocre up to okish in solo PuG and weak in group PuG, I don't know how they fare in CW.
But just looking at what you get for invested tonnage I would deem them to be ineffective.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users