Where Can I Find Lore?

13 replies to this topic

#1 Tarlan

Rookie

• Little Helper
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 03:44 PM

Greetings,

Having finally convinced myself that I didn't need to pay attention to reality anyways, I have started playing this game.

While I used to play the older pc games and own quite a few books, I don't really remember the faction indentities. I'm sure there's a site out there filled with plenty of lore, could someone drop me a link?

Thanks in advance,

Tarlan

#2 Audacious Aubergine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 03:50 PM

Try sarna
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Main_Page

#3 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 03:57 PM

View PostTarlan, on 12 January 2016 - 03:44 PM, said:

Greetings,

Having finally convinced myself that I didn't need to pay attention to reality anyways, I have started playing this game.

While I used to play the older pc games and own quite a few books, I don't really remember the faction indentities. I'm sure there's a site out there filled with plenty of lore, could someone drop me a link?

Thanks in advance,

Tarlan

Here's a very basic lore.
Inner Sphere, events leading to the creation of the Clans.

Development and return of the Clans.

Sarna is also a great resource, but often only if you know what you're wanting to find.

Far as the individual factions, gimme a bit.

#4 DrRedCoat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 191 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 04:22 PM

Here's a timeline of major events up til the end of third succession war that was made by the Battletech Kickstarter. It's a good place to start. Then I'd take what you find interesting from that and head over to Sarna and look up details of factions and events that interest you.
Posted Image

#5 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 12 January 2016 - 07:51 PM

If you have an android phone, you can get an app called Mech Factory, its like having 30/40 years worth of gaming books at your finger tips for lore.

#6 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 08:04 PM

View PostMetus regem, on 12 January 2016 - 07:51 PM, said:

If you have an android phone, you can get an app called Mech Factory, its like having 30/40 years worth of gaming books at your finger tips for lore.

Darn apps! keeping us keyboard warriors down i see... anyway you can get it on a PDF? or convert or something? Or is it a paid app?

#7 Kotzi

• 1,356 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 01:22 AM

http://www.battletech.com/eras/
A rough overview with further infos if you click on each era.

http://bg.battletech.com/
Click on Universe, there is a bit of info.

Got a good german site if you can read german.

#8 Tarlan

Rookie

• Little Helper
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 06:19 AM

Thanks for all the links guys/gals/whatever else you identify as, I've got my reading material for the next few days :)

While I am able to read german, it takes effort and time, so thanks for the offer Kotzi, but I'll pass. With this information at my fingertips, I shall soon be able to decide who, if anyone, shall receive my loyalty :)

#9 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 07:56 AM

View PostJC Daxion, on 12 January 2016 - 08:04 PM, said:

Darn apps! keeping us keyboard warriors down i see... anyway you can get it on a PDF? or convert or something? Or is it a paid app?

Free app, and it can export record sheets to PDF format. It's handy for the weekly TT games I try to do, means I don't need to lug around 20+ pounds of books.

#10 Hotthedd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • 3,213 posts
  • LocationDixie

Posted 13 January 2016 - 08:02 AM

View PostTarlan, on 13 January 2016 - 06:19 AM, said:

Thanks for all the links guys/gals/whatever else you identify as, I've got my reading material for the next few days Posted Image

While I am able to read german, it takes effort and time, so thanks for the offer Kotzi, but I'll pass. With this information at my fingertips, I shall soon be able to decide who, if anyone, shall receive my loyalty Posted Image

If no House or Clan deserves your loyalty, there is always the almighty C-bill....

#11 DrRedCoat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 191 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 11:47 AM

View PostMetus regem, on 12 January 2016 - 07:51 PM, said:

You, my friend, have blown my mind. My brothers and I have been into MechWarrior for 15 years and played the Clix game but we only got into Classic Battletech within the last two years and have been pretty slow to move onto more advanced rules. We only have the Total Warfare rulebook but want to start using more advanced mechs with advanced systems (Great Turtle with Hardened Armor, Shen Yi with stealth armor, Patriot with Arrow IV, etc). This app is blowing all that wide open with access to everything. Thank you, sir!

#12 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 11:59 AM

View PostDrRedCoat, on 13 January 2016 - 11:47 AM, said:

You, my friend, have blown my mind. My brothers and I have been into MechWarrior for 15 years and played the Clix game but we only got into Classic Battletech within the last two years and have been pretty slow to move onto more advanced rules. We only have the Total Warfare rulebook but want to start using more advanced mechs with advanced systems (Great Turtle with Hardened Armor, Shen Yi with stealth armor, Patriot with Arrow IV, etc). This app is blowing all that wide open with access to everything. Thank you, sir!

Very welcome.

My mech of choice is a WHM-6Rb (in the app it's referred to as a WHM-6Db), I've been into TT for going on 20 years now, but it's nice to have access to everything.

#13 GotShotALot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 02:11 PM

Ooh, nice lore links! TY for the info, even having read a lot of BT stuff over the years I'm always happy to see some new sources. :)

#14 dragnier1

• The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 02:07 AM

Most of my lore came from the novels, so i'm not that familiar with details.

Will check out the links, cheers.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users