- - - - -

I Can't Key Bind?

7 replies to this topic

#1 CaptainNapalm

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • LocationAlberta

Posted 12 January 2016 - 09:31 PM

I'm not new but I have been absent for more than a year. In fact just after they turned the GAUS into a rubber band gun. Aside from the GAUS rubber band button still in place and still p*ssing me off I must say the game has changed a lot and for the better. That being said I find that I cannot alter my key bindings. I'm not sure what the problem is. I can remove the current key in the menu but when I click on the now blank space I just get a tone and no key is bound. Do I need to hold enter or shift or something while pressing the desired key? What's the storey here?

#2 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 12 January 2016 - 11:52 PM

View PostCaptianNapalm, on 12 January 2016 - 09:31 PM, said:

I'm not new but I have been absent for more than a year. In fact just after they turned the GAUS into a rubber band gun. Aside from the GAUS rubber band button still in place and still p*ssing me off I must say the game has changed a lot and for the better. That being said I find that I cannot alter my key bindings. I'm not sure what the problem is. I can remove the current key in the menu but when I click on the now blank space I just get a tone and no key is bound. Do I need to hold enter or shift or something while pressing the desired key? What's the storey here?

to remap a key you need to do a really fast double click on the entry you want to change then you just press the button you want it changed to.

as for the Gauss Rifle, it is just as powerful as always (unless you left before the charge mechanic went in, it was overpowered before that, there was not really a good reason to take the AC20 instead), it just has a longer recharge

#3 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 12 January 2016 - 11:53 PM

Double click.

#4 CaptainNapalm

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • LocationAlberta

Posted 13 January 2016 - 09:42 AM

ah, got it. thanx a bunch. I will have to disagree on the GAUS though. it is inclined to crit and blow up and a slightly longer reload cycle could have made it a bit less vicious than it was. the reload and then limited charge time mechanic is just stupid.

#5 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 10:36 AM

I agree. I'd prefer a toggle charge where once charged there's risk of it exploding and if not charged there's no risk.

#6 CaptainNapalm

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • LocationAlberta

Posted 26 February 2016 - 11:14 AM

i would answer Rogue Jedi with; there still isn't a good reason to take the AC 20, it's over weight garbage that is almost useless in sort range engagements where it is supposed to be a serious threat. Miss and you could be a red skeleton before it reloads where as the AC 2 you can just hammer away like mad.

#7 Bipolar Express

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 06:17 PM

Does this also work for binding an Xbox controller that is plugged into the USB port? The controller does somethings bit nothing it working right.

#8 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 01:12 PM

View PostCaptainNapalm, on 26 February 2016 - 11:14 AM, said:

i would answer Rogue Jedi with; there still isn't a good reason to take the AC 20, it's over weight garbage that is almost useless in sort range engagements where it is supposed to be a serious threat. Miss and you could be a red skeleton before it reloads where as the AC 2 you can just hammer away like mad.

If you are missing with an AC20 at short range, your issue is not the weapon, it's your aim.

AC-20 cool down, is 4 secs, and that does not count quirks or modules.., So twist, recharge and pop the guy. a single ac2 in that time only does 8 damage.. 2 would be 16, close to the ac20 numbers, but twice the heat, and you spread those 16 damage if the pilot doesn't face stare. You in turn have left yourself wide open for that entire time for anyone else to hit that nice red spot from an ac20 hit.

there is a reason why ac2's are only used on a couple of builds, Trust me.. ac20 is superior in just about every way.. even the tripple ac2 builds are sub par, though the recent crit changes make them slightly more viable. About the only thing they can do better is rattle a pilot that can't find cover. I always loved ac2's from way back.. I have yet to find any mech outside of a couple that they are even remotely viable. ac20's on the other hand, they are brawler kings and the goto weapon on 100's of builds.

If you really want a longer range ballistic, go for the ac5 or pair

Gauss, learn the mechanic, it is still one of the top long range weapons in the game. Just don't stick it in a side torso with an XL.. it is typically an arm weapon..

Edited by JC Daxion, 09 March 2016 - 01:27 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users