Jagermech Choices.

Question

9 replies to this topic

#1 Lupis Volk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 2,126 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of the nearest Light Battlemech.

Posted 13 January 2016 - 06:01 PM

Just wondering. I'm planning on getting Jagermechs. I had planned to get the mastery bundle but it doesn't have the DD. I was thinking of getting the DD and then later getting the mastery bundle. Should i do that? and anyone have builds for the DD?

#2 Atreus Ofiach

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 207 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 13 January 2016 - 06:23 PM

I alternate between jager and a king crab. The DD is my favorite variant personally. I see nothing wrong with getting the DD first and seeing if you like the playstyle then snagging the pack afterward. You only need 3 variants but hey if you like the mech why not have 4 variants for variety?

As far as builds go there's a rather long thread in the heavy mech section of the forums with alot of good builds, bad builds, and arguments for both.

#3 S 0 L E N Y A

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,031 posts
  • LocationWest Side

Posted 13 January 2016 - 07:50 PM

JM6-S w/ 2 AC10s, FTW!

#4 BarHaid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,069 posts
  • LocationMid-Cascadia

Posted 13 January 2016 - 08:05 PM

The DD is only useful if you intend on using all six ballistic hardpoints. I don't understand why people always think that the DD is supposed to be the AC-40 carrier. You can do that with any Jager if you are so inclined. I run mine with AC-10s and machine guns. I tried to be a crit monster with LB10-Xs, but it turns out that I do better with slugs than buckshot.

#5 Not A Real RAbbi

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationDeath to Aladeen Cafe

Posted 13 January 2016 - 10:19 PM

View PostBarHaid, on 13 January 2016 - 08:05 PM, said:

The DD is only useful if you intend on using all six ballistic hardpoints. I don't understand why people always think that the DD is supposed to be the AC-40 carrier. You can do that with any Jager if you are so inclined. I run mine with AC-10s and machine guns. I tried to be a crit monster with LB10-Xs, but it turns out that I do better with slugs than buckshot.

I used to run one with one of each. That is, AC/10 on one arm and LB-10X on the other. Was fun, and did pretty well in the pre-invasion days (about the time the comp scene went full-on poptart). No the BEST thing, but fun in PUG queue.

To the OP:

There's really no BAD choice of JM6. JM6-DD is the top variant for UAC/5 spam, and the JM6-A is the only one that does missiles. Firebrand is quirked for PPCs if that's your thing.

Do the JM6-DD for CBills. If you like it, take the dive on the mastery pack (TOTES worth it, IMO). If not, no bigs. Pretty much what I think you're suggesting, is what I'm encouraging you to do. "NOW you're thinking with portals!" Or something...

#6 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 13 January 2016 - 11:37 PM

for something completely different try 6 Machine Guns, a Standard engines and a pair of ether ERLarge or Large Pulse lasers, use the lasers to strip armor then the Machine Guns to devastate the internals.

with a standard engine the Jagermech becomes quite durable.

I know the video was presented as a joke but I have found that sort of build to be pretty effective

#7 Lupis Volk

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 2,126 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of the nearest Light Battlemech.

Posted 14 January 2016 - 01:29 AM

View PostTheRAbbi, on 13 January 2016 - 10:19 PM, said:

Do the JM6-DD for CBills. If you like it, take the dive on the mastery pack (TOTES worth it, IMO). If not, no bigs. Pretty much what I think you're suggesting, is what I'm encouraging you to do. "NOW you're thinking with portals!" Or something...

Yeah that was my plan.

#8 epikt

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 03:22 AM

View PostBarHaid, on 13 January 2016 - 08:05 PM, said:

The DD is only useful if you intend on using all six ballistic hardpoints.

Wrong.
As TheRabbi said, the top build is 3 UAC, that works great on the DD thanks to the jam reduction quirk.

I also like the A variant, for SRM6 Artemis + AC/20 combo. Quite brutal at brawl range.

#9 TheOddball

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 06:40 AM

The DD is a great build, especially when you rock some UACs with it.
The A, for all the crap it gets, is a close range beast when you put bigger ACs on it and load it with SRMs. I haven't played it as a LRM boat, but I don't think I have ever seen someone do that.
The S is what I play a great deal, using quad AC/5s. Good to peak around corners and over hills and enough armor and speed to surprise opponents.
The Firebrand is pretty fun to play if you do get the mastery bundle. The PPCs are just AC/10s that make lots of heat.

#10 Jody Von Jedi

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 14 January 2016 - 10:25 AM

View PostTheOddball, on 14 January 2016 - 06:40 AM, said:

. The PPCs are just AC/10s that make lots of heat.

PPCs have greater effective range, weigh less to begin with, and only use 3 slots, and with no ammo requirement, they're lighter still, plus unlimited Ammo.;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users