- - - - -

Sell Fs9 During Sale - Full Or Reduced Amount ?

4 replies to this topic

#1 War Beast

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 93 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 08:59 PM

So if I sell one of my firestarters while the sale is in progress, do I only get 65% of the normal sell price, or do I get full sell price ? I've owned it for a while, bought it full price.

TY

#2 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 10:10 PM

I honestly don't know, but seeing you are probably gonna get less than 500k for it, my guess is it doesn't change. Most likely they wouldn't bother with that end of things. I sold an AH the other day for 700k.. and that costs a good 1.5m more

#3 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 13 January 2016 - 11:43 PM

selling a Mech during a sale gets you the usual sale price, however that is half the value of a standard armor, standard internals, single heatsinks chassis without any weapons or equipment.

only sell Mechs if you are desperate for the Mechbay and do not want to spend real money or you are certain you will not use the Mech again, also make certain you have fully unlocked basics before selling to help with other Firestarters you may have now or buy later

you do not get much at all for selling a chassis unless you also sell the equipment (a tick box on the sell page), however I recommend against selling the equipment as you will likely want it later, also if it has an XL Engine do not sell the engine, if you sell equipment you get half the value, if you have spent 4-5 million on an XL engine you will get 2-2.5 million back but will almost definitely want the engine again later.

#4 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 14 January 2016 - 12:02 AM

View PostWar Beast, on 13 January 2016 - 08:59 PM, said:

So if I sell one of my firestarters while the sale is in progress, do I only get 65% of the normal sell price, or do I get full sell price ? I've owned it for a while, bought it full price.

TY

Sale doesn't impact the value of the sell price.

The problem is that if you sell a mech, you sell it at 50% of it's purchase price. So you're always losing money by selling your mechs. It's usually better to just get mechbays, unless you know you're never going to use that mech again.

Edited by IraqiWalker, 14 January 2016 - 12:03 AM.

#5 ETBnyren

Rookie

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 02:30 PM

DON'T SELL!! Especially a Firestarter! Play CW for free mechbays if you're really crunched for space.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users