• 33 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 02:15 PM

Tactical Atlas ownage detected!!! :)

#22 Uri Brauer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • LocationBristol, UK

Posted 12 July 2012 - 02:16 PM

That's one dead Hunchback. With that wacky weapon load, his only hope was to keep the fight at extreme range... but the Hunchback's not really mobile enough for that, even against an Atlas. From this position, with most of his armour already gone and at short/medium range, he's a goner.

Frankly, not sure why you're wasting time with this. 1v1 duels will always tend to favour the heavier mech... and this one's 100v50.

If you really want to prove that a lighter mech can take on an Atlas... better bet would be something like a Jenner, in heavier terrain, and try to stay behind the Atlas at all times (noting that the RS variant has dropped the rear lasers which would usually prevent even this from working).

Edited by Uri Brauer, 12 July 2012 - 02:30 PM.

#23 light487

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,385 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 12 July 2012 - 02:24 PM

So I can assume that the Atlas' legs are facing to the right and they have turned their torso to the left to aim at the hunchback..? I like the clear white arrow showing the direction of travel..

#24 Sept Wolfke

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 263 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 02:39 PM

cool Atlas build, Large Lasers on the arms is pretty beefy. Looks like the Atlas is following through with that decent build and putting some serious damage into the hunchback's torso.

The Hunchback's pair of AC/2s is pretty underwhelming and the damage on the Atlas reflects that pretty well.

The Hunchback letting an Atlas close to within 100m when it's geared for such long range fire support is beyond me unless he ran out of ammo for his AC2s and realized all he'd accomplished with it is scratch the Atlas' paint.. anyway, "time to go die" is what the hunchback pilot is saying in that pic.

nice to see the mech condition monitors up and running!

#25 Malicious1

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 02:58 PM

That hunchie's toast ;) . Unless he's moving faster than the atlas pilot can deal with (unlikely), there's no reason the poor little hunchback has any chance at all.

#26 D Vladistov

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 03:16 PM

If the Hunchback still had the AC/20 he would have had a chance with a headshot but with that config, at that range... good luck.

#27 ThunderThumb

• PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • LocationOklahoma, USA

Posted 12 July 2012 - 03:24 PM

Surely the "serious" hunchback build of Paul's isn't this one.. Ac2's? Really?

#28 ThunderThumb

• PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • LocationOklahoma, USA

Posted 12 July 2012 - 03:28 PM

They said 1 vs 1 duel but the atlas has a teammate to his left.

#29 Skadi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,268 posts
  • LocationUtgarde Pinnacle

Posted 12 July 2012 - 03:37 PM

sorry paul, but if your piloting that your about to get SCRAPPED.

#30 Chillybill

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 389 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 12 July 2012 - 03:53 PM

View PostDr Snuggles, on 12 July 2012 - 01:41 PM, said:

Hm.. Compared two Weekly Sceenshots. (11 and 7)
-Same Mechs (And Variants)
-Same Map
-Nearly Same Position
-Same Weapon Loadout for Both mechs
-Same Name of Hunchback Pilot
-Same Damage on Mechs (Only diffenence is that both are more Damaged in Screenshot 11.. but there is no Damage in 7 that is not also there in 11)
-2 Minutes Difference
-Atlas has same Ammo count for LRM (he could not use it in this 2 Minutes the Screenshots differ from each other)

I would say this is the Same Battle... and so this Sceenshot is 4 Weeks old :/
Pfff..

Am I right?
Did I win something?
No?
Damn

View PostSkadi, on 12 July 2012 - 03:37 PM, said:

sorry paul, but if your piloting that your about to get SCRAPPED.

yeah really an old pic, the HUD shows at least 2 other friendlies there, come on guys

#31 Glythe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,566 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 03:53 PM

View PostCaveMan, on 12 July 2012 - 01:16 PM, said:

I think you're looking at the Hunchback's weapon display.

Nope.

2LL, LRM 15, srm 4 and an AC 10. Where's all the rest of the weight? I've loaded what he is showing and after adding 3 tons of ammunition the Atlas is 11 tons light. That's not enough to upgrade the engine speed. If you're looking at double heat sinks he could have 18 DHS 29 max heat and 36 heat dissipation. And then you're still 3 tons light. This stock configuration is terrible as a 1 on 1 choice.

View PostCaveMan, on 12 July 2012 - 01:16 PM, said:

Interesting that the three Atlases we've seen have been the AS7-D, AS7-K, and AS7-RS.

I say "interesting" because all three of these variants should have the same set of hardpoints: one energy in each arm, two missile in left torso, two energy in center torso, and one ballistic in right torso. Perhaps there are hidden unused hardpoints for each one that are different between variants?

Yea I was hoping we would learn about the hardpoints we don't know about yet.... or at least something.

View PostSolis Obscuri, on 12 July 2012 - 01:52 PM, said:

The AS7-RS is a damn sexy config. I have no idea how the Hunchie is doing so well with two AC/2s - the cycle time on lighter autocannons must be very fast.

I have to disagree about this being a good configuration... at least for a 1 on 1 fight. You're losing about 20+ close range damage to gain 10 long range damage. You are also relying on LRM which are worthless under 200m.

#32 Kalenn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 206 posts
  • LocationNew Avalon

Posted 12 July 2012 - 03:59 PM

Agree with comment on the goofy HBK build and clearly not meant for a close-in battle... think he's toast, although Atlas heat level suggests he's almost out of hot-sauce. This screenshot does show the level of weapon customization possible as I don't think that's the standard 4G load-out based on the load-out in screenshot 6 and from sarna.net:
  • HBK-4G Hunchback Shakir - The personal 'Mech of Sorenson’s Sabres member and future ISF director Shakir Jerrar was refitted to an advanced variation of the 4H in the lead-up to the War of 3039, carrying two prototype Medium Pulse Laser in place of the four standard Medium Lasers.[16]

#33 Vyviel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 458 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 12 July 2012 - 04:13 PM

These images are torture for the PENDING squad =(

#34 CWSureshot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 124 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 12 July 2012 - 04:39 PM

the screenshots are great but... i wanna play the damn game im so sick of waiting

#35 TimberJon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 12 July 2012 - 04:48 PM

I want the Epic Founder's pack.

#36 Sept Wolfke

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 263 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 05:06 PM

I wonder what the epic level of founders pack would give you? (probably a smack in the pending)

#37 Tyranneous

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 06:10 PM

This is not a one to one. the mini map shows a friendly down the road, coming towards the hunchback, meaning it is pretty much doomed. A Hunchback is never going to stand up to an undamaged Atlas and its support mech unless it has a massive skill and or experience advantage over his opponets.

#38 Wookieelover

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 29 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 12 July 2012 - 07:27 PM

AS7-RS - A Succession Wars era take on the Atlas II weapon loadout, the AS7-RS replaces the stock AS7-D's larger autocannon and missile launchers with an Autocannon/10, LRM-15 and SRM-4, and trades the four medium lasers for a Large Laser mounted in each arm. The swap leaves the armor levels, heat sinks and ammunition bays unchanged

:D

Edited by Wookieelover, 12 July 2012 - 07:28 PM.

#39 Earthtalker

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 133 posts
  • LocationBack in the Saddle.

Posted 12 July 2012 - 07:43 PM

View PostGlythe, on 12 July 2012 - 03:53 PM, said:

Nope.

2LL, LRM 15, srm 4 and an AC 10. Where's all the rest of the weight? I've loaded what he is showing and after adding 3 tons of ammunition the Atlas is 11 tons light. That's not enough to upgrade the engine speed. If you're looking at double heat sinks he could have 18 DHS 29 max heat and 36 heat dissipation. And then you're still 3 tons light. This stock configuration is terrible as a 1 on 1 choice.

Just SSW'd the Atlas RS and what the hell. seriously. Following cannon loadout on Sarna for this there is about 9 TONS just lying around and twiddling its thumbs. That's a big negative. So I fixed it

Atlas RS improved

Mass: 100 tons
Tech Base: Inner Sphere
Chassis Config: Biped
Rules Level: Advanced Rules
Era: Succession Wars
Tech Rating/Era Availability: E/X-F-D
Production Year: 3025
Cost: 10,220,000 C-Bills
Battle Value: 2,063

Chassis: Unknown Standard
Power Plant: Unknown 300 Fusion Engine
Walking Speed: 32.4 km/h
Maximum Speed: 54.0 km/h
Jump Jets: None
Jump Capacity: 0 meters
Armor: Unknown Standard Armor w/ CASE
Armament:
1 LRM-15 w/ Artemis IV FCS
1 Autocannon/10
2 Large Lasers
1 SRM-4 w/ Artemis IV FCS
1 Guardian ECM Suite
Manufacturer: Unknown
Primary Factory: Unknown
Communications System: Unknown
Targeting and Tracking System: Unknown

================================================================================
Equipment Type Rating Mass
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Internal Structure: Standard 152 points 10.00
Engine: Fusion Engine 300 19.00
Walking MP: 3
Running MP: 5
Jumping MP: 0
Heat Sinks: Double Heat Sink 14(28) 4.00
Heat Sink Locations: 1 LA, 1 RA
Gyro: Standard 3.00
Cockpit: Standard 3.00
Actuators: L: SH+UA+LA+H R: SH+UA+LA+H
Armor: Standard Armor AV - 296 18.50
CASE Locations: 1 LT, 1 RT 1.00

Internal Armor
Structure Factor
Head 3 9
Center Torso 31 49
Center Torso (rear) 12
L/R Torso 21 31
L/R Torso (rear) 11
L/R Arm 17 31
L/R Leg 21 40

================================================================================
Equipment Location Heat Critical Mass
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Large Laser RA 8 2 5.00
Large Laser LA 8 2 5.00
Autocannon/10 RT 3 7 12.00
LRM-15 LT 5 3 7.00
Artemis IV FCS LT - 1 1.00
SRM-4 LT 3 1 2.00
Artemis IV FCS LT - 1 1.00
Guardian ECM Suite CT 0 2 1.50
@AC/10 (30) RT - 3 3.00
@LRM-15 (16) LT - 2 2.00
@SRM-4 (50) LT - 2 2.00
Free Critical Slots: 13