#1 Staren Wiremu

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 7 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationUSA

Posted 14 January 2016 - 11:58 AM

I noticed while watching videos yesterday that other people's cockpit MFDs apparently display actual information instead of the pretty but useless animations.

I can't find /any/ information about customizing my MFDs, and googling it leads me only to people asking about using external devices as MFDs or asking how to customize their MFDs (but not how to enable them in the first place!) and being told there is no way.

How do I enable my MFDs displaying actual information? This might be useful, and certainly cooler than pointless animations.

#2 Modo44

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 01:21 PM

There is no user customization for cockpit screens or the HUD in MWO. They are hard-coded. The cockpit monitor setup was recently overhauled, and is supposed to show more info in the future (no ETA).

#3 Buehgler

• PipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 79 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 01:52 PM

They originally displayed heatsink and ammo status information. Sadly, that functionality has been broken for at over a year, maybe more like 18-24 months. If you are looking at older videos you may have seen the ammo/heatsink displays. Otherwise you are just seeing the broken displays that were recently replaced with the kill counter and eye candy stuff we have now.

#4 Fiona Marshe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 756 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 14 January 2016 - 03:54 PM

Some of the older mechs (founder types primarily) do have some working displays. Later mechs do not show this information (yet), but should be coming in the next few months now they are doing more UI work.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users