46 replies to this topic

#41 SteelMantis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 179 posts
  • Locationon the shifting sands of the meta

Posted 16 January 2016 - 11:21 AM

I was playing mostly mediums before the contest started and doing pretty well. I had my new Blackjack X-1 over 2 K/D but it dropped all the way down to 1.1 K/D after the first day of the contest and I was getting one contest point every three games (if that).

I switched to my King Crab 000B with duel AC/20s duel PPC and am doing much better. I can usually get 1-2 contest points a match with it.
In general people seem to be playing more heavies and more LRMs and a good response seems to be brawling with Assaults.

Edited by SteelMantis, 16 January 2016 - 11:21 AM.

#42 Cath

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 52 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 09:10 PM

I take back what I said earlier. Got my 40 points. I retooled my king crab I got during the sale. 340std 3 large laser 2 Artemis Lrm 15, 4 machine guns (for laughs more than anything) had a TON of 600 damage games. But it worked. MM is still pissing me off, but that's a topic for another thread

#43 Audacious Aubergine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 09:28 PM

Thought it'd be missiles that would do the trick for me, but instead I've been having a blast - pun intended - with a boomcrab. KGC-0000 with 2x AC20 and 4x MPL, was generally a good chance to get one KMDD each game. And then this happened
Posted Image
Overheats like it's nobody's business, but I like to live dangerously

#44 Zookeeper Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 487 posts
  • LocationBeer City USA

Posted 17 January 2016 - 05:46 AM

I've been doing great in my Streakcrow and preying on lights. Tasty, tasty lights!

Even if I don't get the kill after several 5 SSRM6 alphas they are easy to pick off and you still get the kill most damage dealt.

#45 Irishtoker

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 102 posts
  • LocationIn a hole at the bottom of the Nexus.

Posted 17 January 2016 - 06:06 AM

Before the event, I didnt care for my OXIDE.

So few were piloting lights that I had to give it a shot...and in love I feel. Not only did I earn the 21k exp to master the variant, but I have oodles more to convert once PGI give out more MC.

x2 SRM 2 in the arms. and x2 srm 4 in the torso. Flanking and drive-bys were the way to go for me.

Best of luck to all.

A few weeks ago, I asked for an event that gave out camo schemes and some paint colors. what I recieved were my national colors green & orange. I am content.

Edited by Irishtoker, 17 January 2016 - 06:10 AM.

#46 Takashi Uchida

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 496 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 04:01 PM

Here are a couple ideas:

Clan streaks in 4s or 6s: If you can put a lot of streaks on a Stormcrow, TImberwolf, Maddog, etc, that could help you out. Streaks are high damage but they spread it everywhere. For KMDD, not to big of an issue as long as you did the most damage to the target. Extra effective against lights because they have less health, both for the purpose of killing and getting the biggest proportion of damage dealt.

IS Pulse Laser boats: I used the Banshee. 3 LPLs + some MLs or MPLs. I like the Inner Sphere mechs for this kind of build (for less time on target), particularly the Banshee because of its high mounts, shield arms, and good speed. Generally a solid build. Also try on Stalkers, Thunderbolts, Battlemasters, Awesomes, etc.

LRM boats: self explanatory. Lots of potential points because you can hit lots of targets for lots of damage without having to run around the map as much. More dependant on teammates though and might not be as consistent as a direct-fire mech.

DPS Ballistic Builds: Dire Wolf, Ilya Muromets, Jagermech, Mauler, King Crab, etc. Lots of potential damage but also a lot of required time on target.

Pinpoint Front loaded build: AC40, Dual Gauss, PPCs. Tricky to do but if you have good aim and good awareness, you can kill mechs fast (specifically Inner Sphere XL engines). I wouldn't personally recommend it for this challenge.

SRM brawlers: Pair with AC20 (ie. Atlas brawlers), or medium lasers. Gotta get pretty close so pick a durable mech and be extra careful with positioning.

Edited by Takashi Uchida, 17 January 2016 - 04:06 PM.

#47 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 09:54 PM

I started out in my laser build timber-C, and despite getting good matches, and kills, getting most damage kills was tough. It is just to much of a DPS mech i think, with all the assaults around.

So i swapped over to a UAC-20, and 5 ML's and wow does this thing wreck! i was done in no time after the switch :)

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users