Can I Report Lrm Boats?

95 replies to this topic

#1 DjPush

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 09:35 PM

Seriously. Can I report LRM boats for non-participation? I have lost the last 4 matches in a row because half the team is sitting in the backfield lobbing LRMs. Half of which are missing target because they lose lock during the 900 meter travel time of each missile barage.

Seriously folks.. You're a liability relying on just LRMs to get your damage in.

#2 Accused

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 989 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 09:37 PM

Hiding is against the TOS, so I often report entire teams as they cower behind cover.

#3 Salvag3

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • 103 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 09:43 PM

....... No you can't, they may be ineffective but they are taking part in the battle. You can't punish someone for not using their weapons effectively.

I know people don't always listen or work well as a team but my suggestion to you would be to ask ( nicely ) who is carrying LRMs and try to get them to stay close to your teams ball and use the LRMs from a more effective range/angle. maybe even go so far as to free up a ton of space for a tag or a lite more space and carry a narc for them.

Like I said people don't always listen but it's better than raging about it, but reporting someone for using a weapon poorly won't do any good and would just in fact waste someone at PGIs time who is going to have to open the email, read it, reply only to tell you that the person did nothing wrong.

#4 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 14 January 2016 - 09:48 PM

View PostAccused, on 14 January 2016 - 09:37 PM, said:

Hiding is against the TOS, so I often report entire teams as they cower behind cover.

Brilliant! Posted Image

View PostDjPush, on 14 January 2016 - 09:35 PM, said:

Seriously. Can I report LRM boats for non-participation? I have lost the last 4 matches in a row because half the team is sitting in the backfield lobbing LRMs. Half of which are missing target because they lose lock during the 900 meter travel time of each missile barage.

Seriously folks.. You're a liability relying on just LRMs to get your damage in.

So you want people to report new players for non-participation because the latter are still trying to learn the game?

That's even more brilliant! Posted Image

Edited by Mystere, 14 January 2016 - 09:49 PM.

#5 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 09:50 PM

I'm going to risk a flame war here....

but I've run into a few LRM boat pilots who know how to contribute. Don't bring more than 1 to CW (preferably no more than 3 or 4 out of 48 for your team as a given rule), etc. etc.

However a good LRM pilot isn't worthless. Ton for ton mech for mech a direct fire loadout will out-perform on consistency a LRM boat but exploited in the right situation LRMs aren't useless.

Just that most LRM pilots (95% or so) have an approximate worth, give or take, of a phart in a mitten.

#6 Not A Real RAbbi

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationDeath to Aladeen Cafe

Posted 14 January 2016 - 09:52 PM

Funny story...

Someone was just hollerin' earlier about LRMs and that they shouldn't be used because they suck, or something. Our team got POUNDED (like a federal prison) by some LRMs in a pretty awful loss. I pointed out that those LRMs were pretty effective, it seemed.

Now I'm reading that a Tier 1 player is seeing significant LRM usage in game.

And for the past couple weeks, while on FRR contract, my teammates and I have seen a LOT of Clan LRM use by our opponents, including well-known organized teams.

I wonder. Is there something to that? ARE LRMs trying to make a comeback?

#7 Otto Cannon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,689 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 14 January 2016 - 10:14 PM

I have lost the last 4 matches in a row because half the team is sitting in the backfield lobbing LRMs. Half of which are missing target because they lose lock during the 900 meter travel time of each missile barage.

If those guys were lobbing lurms the whole match, and hit with half of them, they probably helped out more than certain direct fire players who hide behind things without firing at all and wait for the enemy to get damaged 'for easy kills' until it's too late and their team gets wiped. There are plenty of bad players, but people always notice the bad LRM boats more because they're obvious.

It's a shame, because a good LRM support mech can keep a whole enemy team suppressed and turn the tide of a match- but rarely gets any credit because they're tarred with the same brush as 'LRM noobs' who miss every shot.

#8 Not A Real RAbbi

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationDeath to Aladeen Cafe

Posted 14 January 2016 - 10:20 PM

To be fair, I've seen plenty of both today. In group queue, and solo Tier 3. Some good ones doing solid damage, TAG-locking their own targets. Some clowns just hucking missiles at anything that pops up long enough to get a lock, while hiding behind something.

Seen some folks of either color (LRM, or direct-fire) carrying hard, others whining that no one carried them.

Whatever.

Why am I still awake?

#9 Rhent

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,045 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 10:32 PM

View PostSalvag3, on 14 January 2016 - 09:43 PM, said:

....... No you can't, they may be ineffective but they are taking part in the battle. You can't punish someone for not using their weapons effectively.

I know people don't always listen or work well as a team but my suggestion to you would be to ask ( nicely ) who is carrying LRMs and try to get them to stay close to your teams ball and use the LRMs from a more effective range/angle. maybe even go so far as to free up a ton of space for a tag or a lite more space and carry a narc for them.

Like I said people don't always listen but it's better than raging about it, but reporting someone for using a weapon poorly won't do any good and would just in fact waste someone at PGIs time who is going to have to open the email, read it, reply only to tell you that the person did nothing wrong.

For fraudulent reporting, I'd hope the PGI rep would give the idiot a 3 day ban. It costs money for support guys and to waste them on **** like this, really?

#10 ReemusX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 299 posts
  • LocationMidwest USA

Posted 14 January 2016 - 10:32 PM

It's annoying yea..... but just my opinion here.... isn't the concept of some of these mechs based on long range missile platforms? I mean, they wouldn't be what they are in game if that wasn't their role. I can't stand them when other team has a ton of them...but... I just see it as part of the game and the combat within. I mean....you don't see artillery rolling around with the grunts in combat do you?

I bring it down to SA (situational awareness).... During my scuffles in game I take note (and communicate if I can) when I see massive salvos of missiles going through the air in the distance etc. I know that they have one "back around there somewhere"...and if I survive long enough....and we are looking for the rest of the enemy team...I'll be going over where I saw things coming from.

Not knocking anyone....don't get me wrong... but this is part of it (the game).. If someone wants a royal rumble in the ring...play WWE ya know? I personally like having to pay attention to what's going on in game.... and finding that LRM camper all alone...

Now if he stays powered down 300m from spawn bc he ran out of missiles etc. and doesn't want to take his M.Laser against enemies when losing 11-2 in a skirmish.... That would be something I could see reporting or whatever.

Other than that..... GLHF!!

#11 Lyoto Machida

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,081 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 10:34 PM

Yes...report them all. Dirty LRM boat pilots...they deserve to be named and shamed also. If they were real men, they'd use laser vomit.

Posted Image

#12 Soultraxx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 14 January 2016 - 10:39 PM

I havent seem much Lurmage so far.

But I HATE Lurms with a passion.

I cant wait to get my Archer because then Im going to share my passion.

#13 Pika

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 568 posts
  • LocationLiverpool, UK

Posted 14 January 2016 - 10:49 PM

So close to finishing my last LRM warhawk, like 2000 XP or something. It's been one of the saltiest grinds I've ever had to do. It's both amusing and saddening at the same time D:

#14 badaa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 11:35 PM

can we report for qq threads about incredibly stupid stuff.

the event noobs r out rant and rage in chat like the rest of us.

#15 Kotzi

• 1,356 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 11:46 PM

Maybe you should try to stick to the lrmnoobs. Nobody tells you to rush to the same old same position on each map and get obliterated. Adapt to your teamloadout? Pedal to the metal and nascar aint the only tactics.

#16 Kilo 40

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,879 posts
  • Locationin my moms basement, covered in cheeto dust

Posted 14 January 2016 - 11:51 PM

if you were contributing to the match, you wouldn't have even noticed them.

#17 1Grimbane

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,123 posts
  • Locationsafe. . . . . you'll never get me in my hidey hole.

Posted 14 January 2016 - 11:59 PM

lrms are back for now at least... i've now got maybe 8 or 9 dedicated lurmers and another 4 or 5 with em as a 3rd or 4th group support weapon. been noticing as a side effect more narc and tag being used by lights now before the great quirkening and rebalance they lost favor but they are back

Edited by 1Grimbane, 15 January 2016 - 12:00 AM.

#18 Sylonce

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 300 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 15 January 2016 - 12:04 AM

I have seen a few games tonight with a hefty amount of LRM boating. Some of which aided in our success, and some of which aided in our demise. The latter of which can be frustrating... but at the same time, players are entitled to bring what they want and are entitled to enjoy the game how they see fit. So, if we are getting to the point of calling it a reportable offense, it might be time to take (another) break Posted Image

#19 DivineTomatoes

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 307 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 12:21 AM

No, you can quietly deal with it like a adult. That doesn't involve crying on the forum.

The community I really starting to remind me of the noxious, elitist aholes that infest world of tanks. It's quite a shame.

#20 TyphonCh

• The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 1,074 posts
  • LocationDue North

Posted 15 January 2016 - 12:25 AM

You're complaining again.
Go back to taking your break. Or is the wife not home to hear you yelling? Posted Image

Instead of crying about it, we can turn this into a discussion of buffing LRM's? At least out of oblivion. That flight speed is truly terrible... I'd like to see it back to where it was

Edited by Team Chevy86, 15 January 2016 - 12:25 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users