So About The Botters...

15 replies to this topic

#1 Chatin The Skunk

• PipPipPip
  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 64 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 05:55 PM

To be said I am new to /this/ Mech Warrior game... but not to gaming in general and can tell when something is 'odd'.

Running with my clan we've had a few pub drops that were 'odd' to be short. Odd as in all of us got cored in 1-2 hits before we had time to react, and at the endgame screen the damage of the enemy team didn't add up... at all.

I had one game where I had no one behind me, but took damage to my rear armor and got cored... with my back to a wall. Everyone in that game died in a similar fashion with people going "the hell?" in team speak. We were watching each other as we died and noticed that targeted areas took no damage but the core did... as in they shot the arms but the core took damage.

It isn't rampant, and it isn't every game... but it's often enough to really annoy anyone playing.

Meh...

#2 B0oN

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 07:14 PM

1: Do you know how Artillery, Airstrikes, ECM, Ammo/Weaponexplosions, Crit-system, Heat-system, Weaponplacement, Mechbuilding, etc. etc. etc. work ?
2: Do you know how devastating focused fire is ?
3: Do you know that torsotwisting is a MUST ?
4: Do you drive Trialmechs or have you already fully decked (fully leveled, modules eqipped, solid builds) out mechs at your disposal ?
5: Have you read Kineticx´s guides ?

Do you know that I see tons of players staring at me from a 1000meters away, while I feed their faces with ERLarge Lasers (up to 911m range in IS) and ERPPC´s (up to 1.06 km range) and they try to shoot me with small pulse lasers (220 meters range if Clanweapons) not even moving/torsotwisting ?

Edited by Rad Hanzo, 08 January 2016 - 07:15 PM.

#3 MarineTech

• The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 2,969 posts
  • LocationRunning rampant in K-Town

Posted 09 January 2016 - 06:15 AM

Oh look. Another "teh enemies must be bots cause they shooted me" thread by somebody with less than 2 weeks in the game....

Posted Image

Please excuse me if I don't find this credible at all.

Edited by MarineTech, 09 January 2016 - 06:19 AM.

#4 el piromaniaco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 957 posts
  • LocationVienna

Posted 09 January 2016 - 07:17 AM

A question that may be related to that topic, feel free to not take it seriously because i am a "know-nothing-T5-noob" too:

Does any weapon in mwo (evtl. Gauss rounds) penetrate?

I remember a game where i died, cored, but with CT-armor (front and back), a spider i was spectating on died the same way (shot out of the sky in mid-flight) and our last man (a grasshopper trying to cap their base) got cored too, again still with CT-armor showing in the paper-doll.

Thanks and greetings

el piro

P.S.: and i do love animated gifs :)

#5 S3dition

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,633 posts
  • LocationWashington, USA

Posted 09 January 2016 - 11:39 AM

It sounds like you're overheating. Post your builds and weapon grouping.

#6 el piromaniaco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 957 posts
  • LocationVienna

Posted 09 January 2016 - 12:53 PM

View PostS3dition, on 09 January 2016 - 11:39 AM, said:

It sounds like you're overheating. Post your builds and weapon grouping.

No overheating. Killed by ....
And two others in the same match too.

Are there penetrating weapons?

#7 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 09 January 2016 - 01:21 PM

View Postel piromaniaco, on 09 January 2016 - 12:53 PM, said:

No overheating. Killed by ....
And two others in the same match too.

Are there penetrating weapons?

there are no penetrating weapons, and damage is calculated server side so for someone to hack CT internal damage while you still have armor they would have to hack into the servers, which seems unlikely.

where you running an XL engine, could you have died to side torso loss?

#8 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,698 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 09 January 2016 - 05:49 PM

Or you all had an ECM mech (Cheetah/Raven/other mech) behind ya...... I would vote for ECM cheetah, jump jets, lasers in arms with arm unlock able to get a sharp angle to nail ya in the backside. And depending on the mech killed several do have odd coverage.

The one thing missing in the link below is from an upper view, were does the frontside and backside converge? That is possibly an outstanding issue but one not really considered due to the the fluid gameplay of MWO.

http://mwomercs.com/...x-localization/

The other is that weapon fire may be passing through specific parts of the mech, damaging the rear armor first but without testing it in a private lobby and under what circumstances /shrugs....

Next time, hit the PrintScreen key to save a screenshot to your saved games folder. Also knowing what mechs you and your dying teammates were using would help.

Again the above is only a theory. If it is so, some players may be keeping close to their chest so they can take advantaged of it. There will always be some sort of bug in games but in combat, where you may very well have team mates shooting you in the back cause they are worthless and lack the understanding that being in max zoom with a WIDE mech like a king crab, unleashing the weapons in an arm without making sure that arm's fire lane is clear is not good team play. Others will say, you should know who the frak is behind you and get out of their way.. Will do that once we are a little farther away from the spawn point...baka!!

Okay...Posted Image Some of it can be helped if the minimap could have some scaling features, be it zoom in and zoom out so you can see the positioning of people around you a tad better....

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 09 January 2016 - 06:02 PM.

#9 Hex Pallett

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,009 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationHomeless, in the streets of Solaris 7

Posted 09 January 2016 - 05:55 PM

lulz dem tier 5 scrub complains

#10 Chatin The Skunk

• PipPipPip
  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 64 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 11:46 PM

Atypical responses are typical.

1: Do you know how Artillery, Airstrikes, ECM, Ammo/Weaponexplosions, Crit-system, Heat-system, Weaponplacement, Mechbuilding, etc. etc. etc. work ?
2: Do you know how devastating focused fire is ?
3: Do you know that torsotwisting is a MUST ?
4: Do you drive Trialmechs or have you already fully decked (fully leveled, modules eqipped, solid builds) out mechs at your disposal ?
5: Have you read Kineticx´s guides ?

Since you can't see my mechs... but yes to all of your questions... good lord I even state I've played other MW games... this **** isn't rocket science.

Or you all had an ECM mech (Cheetah/Raven/other mech) behind ya......

Would make sense if there actually was one there. More sense if it was more than 30 seconds into the match and 10 of us dropped from the same thing. 30 seconds is not enough time to cover the map, engage targets and down 10 mechs in under a minute.

Equally when a light can damage 5 assaults in under a minute and core all of them without anyone seeing or noticing it... sure.

But you know, whatever. I guess I'll continue to sigh and shrug when I encounter it instead of it being acknowledged and investigated.

I did some looking and there is past evidence of things I've witnessed occuring, especially by certain units we encountered...

Again, meh, 'only' two weeks in and I average 1k damage a match and have a positive KD... yup I must suck when most pubs do 150 damage across four damn mechs.

#11 B0oN

• 2,870 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 02:58 PM

Don´t get me wrong, Jax, since playing other Mechgames does not necessarily make you a good MW:O player, because the mechanics, oddities, feel and quirks of the games differ .

How do you play your CW matches ?
Do you stick with guys and maybe even lead them ? <- You said you have done meching, so I guess your grasp of tacticals is sticking out like a sore thumb among the masses of pretty oblivious "complete beginners to MW" .

I know how devastating it is when you drop in CW and you have 11 people on your side, that do not know what to do, so maybe joining your faction´s TS Hub might be a more succesful approach for you to CW ?
Think about it : joining on the faction hub should give you a good chance of hooking up with MW:O-vets and getting a group on to drop with .

Other than that I just have to point out that this game is based on CryEngine and many people know how "insecure/exploitable" this engine is,despite of the higherups saying "IT CANT BE", so yea ...

Also, HostStateRewind (the lag-compensation in this game) sometimes acts VERY WEIRD (mechs teleporting, glitching through each other, JJ´ing de-synchronizing Hitboxes from actual model, etc. etc. etc.) .

Edited by Rad Hanzo, 10 January 2016 - 03:00 PM.

#12 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,698 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 10 January 2016 - 05:31 PM

Would make sense if there actually was one there. More sense if it was more than 30 seconds into the match and 10 of us dropped from the same thing. 30 seconds is not enough time to cover the map, engage targets and down 10 mechs in under a minute.

Equally when a light can damage 5 assaults in under a minute and core all of them without anyone seeing or noticing it... sure.

Now you say 30 seconds. But then if you have just spawned why do you have your backs to a wall or such? The game is server authentication. So unless the player has hacked the servers themselves it is unlikely something nefarious is happening. The primary issues MWO has had has allegedly seeing through obstacles (wall hack) or aimbots.

On some public queue maps one side is able to hit another side from their spawn points. And an ECM locust/other ECM mechs, depending on spawn location can reach the enemy spawn point quickly. I have been in games where a team mate was accusing a few team mates that were on his 6 shooting him in the back. Not 10 secs later that same cheetah ( could have been 2 but only saw one) did the same thing to me but I was already in the process of looking behind my lance.

Another thing to remember, you are in Tier 5. That means any vet can make a new account and that account would start in Tier 5, allowing him to take advantage of unsuspecting players. Some players are keeping at least 2 accounts, one IS and one Clan.

Take screen shots and send them to MWO (print screen) pics are saved in the saved games\MWO folder.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 10 January 2016 - 06:36 PM.

#13 GI Journalist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Major
  • Senior Major
  • 595 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 08:17 PM

Cheating, while not frequent, may still happen in the game. Report it if you believe you've witnessed it, and let PGI investigate. They can sort out the difference between cheating or strange client/server interactions.

#14 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,985 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 12 January 2016 - 07:29 AM

View PostJax Endsleigh, on 08 January 2016 - 05:55 PM, said:

To be said I am new to /this/ Mech Warrior game... but not to gaming in general and can tell when something is 'odd'.

Running with my clan we've had a few pub drops that were 'odd' to be short. Odd as in all of us got cored in 1-2 hits before we had time to react, and at the endgame screen the damage of the enemy team didn't add up... at all.

I had one game where I had no one behind me, but took damage to my rear armor and got cored... with my back to a wall. Everyone in that game died in a similar fashion with people going &quot;the hell?&quot; in team speak. We were watching each other as we died and noticed that targeted areas took no damage but the core did... as in they shot the arms but the core took damage.

It isn't rampant, and it isn't every game... but it's often enough to really annoy anyone playing.

Meh...

If you play enough you see all kinds of crazy stuff in game that’s why I wear a tin hat

#15 Inkarnus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,074 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 14 January 2016 - 08:30 AM

yeah crazy stuff like these
https://www.reddit.c...rible_graphics/

Edited by Inkarnus, 14 January 2016 - 08:33 AM.

#16 Bilbo

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 14 January 2016 - 12:43 PM

View PostInkarnus, on 14 January 2016 - 08:30 AM, said:

yeah crazy stuff like these
https://www.reddit.c...rible_graphics/

Russ' twitter indicates there has already been a second ban wave. I guess they aren't bothered with making them public anymore.
https://twitter.com/...490718869291008

Edited by Bilbo, 14 January 2016 - 12:43 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users