When Did The Archer Early Adopter Awards End? Curious When And Why A Full 1/3 Of The Purchase Value Was Removed..

57 replies to this topic

#41 Yinshi

Rookie

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 11:46 AM

I just bought it and after 4 hours have yet to receive it if not I'll demand my money back on all my purchase asked to be band and never play again!

The complete archer collector set and hero $55.00

#42 Oderint dum Metuant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,758 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 26 February 2016 - 11:50 AM

The Archer isn't released until the 15th March bucko

#43 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 26 February 2016 - 11:56 AM

Hell I pre ordered the kodiak for the goodies and I think the mech itself is just a spacemarine with a ducks head, and I only bought it because of the dead line, if I'd missed it I'd wait for C-bills and maybe buy a few mechbays

#44 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 26 February 2016 - 12:03 PM

View PostProsperity Park, on 15 January 2016 - 03:48 PM, said:

When did the early adopter awards end for the Archer? I was about to buy a pack + Hero, but noticed it's over and you no longer get the C-bills and modules...

$35 goes a long ways in games nowadays, and was worth it only with the adoptor awards. 6.5 million C-Bills and 4 modules. They equal 2-3 heavy Mechs in C-Bills, which is roughly 1/3 the entire package value.

The Mechs, alone, are not worth the price.

So, was removing the adoptor awards supposed to somehow encourage sales? They lopped a full third of the package off, rendering it no longer desirable.

Because PGI feels it s good idea to only make there products attractive to the customer for 2-4 weeks at a time.

They have no foresight, if the options and pre order stuff was still available (even for like $4 more dollars or some BS) i would buy all of these AFTER the mech was released and i get to see it in action.

I have no faith in buying mech before they drop anymore, the last one i bought was the Jenner IIC and it was a total waste of $20 IMO. Mech isnt that great and IS jenners do it better anyway with quirks and structure. I dont like spending my money and then having to wait until PGI get around to make the mech WORTH IT. Might be 3 years might be never.

Either way, its a dumb business move and im sure they dont make NEAR the money they could due to small windows and arbitrary limits on unlimited goods

#45 WarHippy

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 12:03 PM

View PostYinshi, on 26 February 2016 - 11:46 AM, said:

I just bought it and after 4 hours have yet to receive it if not I'll demand my money back on all my purchase asked to be band and never play again!

The Archer is currently a pre-order item and has not been released yet. I will be available next month to actually play with.

Edited by WarHippy, 26 February 2016 - 12:04 PM.

#46 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 12:07 PM

You PRE ORDERED the mech, you should really read all the details before you throw your money out. Mech doesnt come out until March 15th...

So you can get banned (band) if you want, but i dont see this really being something you want or they even need to do. If you want your money back just ask like a NORMAL ADULT and dont kick and scream like a baby. They will gladly give it back as long as the goods haven't been delivered yet.

View PostEgoSlayer, on 31 January 2016 - 07:41 PM, said:

Yes you need to unlock them in the pilot tree, but modules themselves don't have a level they just operate at the level you have unlocked in the pilot skill tree.

Are they like the Clan ones we got with wave 1,2or3 packs? They worked on all mechs for a while NOW PGI secretly nerfed them and they can ONLY be used on Clan mechs.

I have a feeling those modules will ONLY work on the Archer....if not now PGI may change it later so it really isnt as good of a deal as it seems on the surface.

Edited by Revis Volek, 26 February 2016 - 12:06 PM.

#47 Sigilum Sanctum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,673 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 26 February 2016 - 12:08 PM

Oh look! Another person who doesn't know how to read!

Edited by Sigilum Sanctum, 26 February 2016 - 12:08 PM.

#48 Burke IV

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 12:10 PM

I wasnt able to play this game when the archers were announced. It would have been nice to get in at the start but i didnt know. The thought of paying the same as the next guy but only getting half as much stuff when the thing was overpriced in the first place just makes me salty at PGI. Guess they dont care. If u dwell on this line of thought too much you end up regretting past purchases.

#49 MrJeffers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts
  • LocationThe Rock

Posted 26 February 2016 - 12:18 PM

View PostRevis Volek, on 26 February 2016 - 12:07 PM, said:

You PRE ORDERED the mech, you should really read all the details before you throw your money out. Mech doesnt come out until March 15th...

Are they like the Clan ones we got with wave 1,2or3 packs? They worked on all mechs for a while NOW PGI secretly nerfed them and they can ONLY be used on Clan mechs.

I have a feeling those modules will ONLY work on the Archer....if not now PGI may change it later so it really isnt as good of a deal as it seems on the surface.

Don't the special modules in the clan pack, like AMS overload, have a different effect, appearance, and name? They probably were supposed to be locked from the start, but QA being what it is...

The Modules that have been given away in packages since have all just been standard weapon or mech modules and have no differentiating features or identifiers that could be locked to a mech/faction. They are all the same modules, unlike the special clan ones.

#50 WarHippy

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 12:23 PM

I will say that I think early adopter rewards should be available until the mech is released rather than just for the first few weeks. If you are pre-ordering something you are a early adopter period.

#51 MrJeffers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts
  • LocationThe Rock

Posted 26 February 2016 - 12:33 PM

View PostWarHippy, on 26 February 2016 - 12:23 PM, said:

I will say that I think early adopter rewards should be available until the mech is released rather than just for the first few weeks. If you are pre-ordering something you are a early adopter period.

They really should go back to the phased early adopter awards instead of the all or nothing they have now. They would still get the initial sales of the people who want all the rewards, but they would also probably pick up people who missed the first wave(s) but at least the later pre-orders still have some incentives instead of nothing at all.

#52 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 12:36 PM

View PostMrJeffers, on 26 February 2016 - 12:18 PM, said:

Don't the special modules in the clan pack, like AMS overload, have a different effect, appearance, and name? They probably were supposed to be locked from the start, but QA being what it is...

The Modules that have been given away in packages since have all just been standard weapon or mech modules and have no differentiating features or identifiers that could be locked to a mech/faction. They are all the same modules, unlike the special clan ones.

They do NOW, they did NOT when we bought them and WERE NOT ADVERTISED as being that way.

When you buy a SHOCK ABSORBANCY module it works on BOTH mechs techs... Mine clans only. :(

PGI realized the error in their ways and changed them about 6 weeks after. They were not sold as being CLAN ONLY modules. To be fair these modules should be for the ARCHER ONLY but hey what do i know.

:P

Edited by Revis Volek, 26 February 2016 - 12:41 PM.

#53 MrJeffers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts
  • LocationThe Rock

Posted 26 February 2016 - 12:47 PM

View PostRevis Volek, on 26 February 2016 - 12:36 PM, said:

They do NOW, they did NOT when we bought them and WERE NOT ADVERTISED as being that way.

When you buy a SHOCK ABSORBANCY module it works on BOTH mechs techs... Mine clans only. Posted Image

PGI realized the error in their ways and changed them about 6 weeks after. They were not sold as being CLAN ONLY modules. To be fair these modules should be for the ARCHER ONLY but hey what do i know.

Posted Image

No, I was pretty sure they were always different, and here is an announcement that proves it:
http://mwomercs.com/...verload-module/

They just weren't locked initially, but were always different and were probably supposed to be locked.

They were named different and have a different visual. The modules given out in the current packs are the exact same as standard modules. It would be a ton of work to go back and revisit the Advanced Zoom, 360 retention, PPC range, etc that have been given out, flag them, remove them from mechs, and put them in their own categories.

#54 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 26 February 2016 - 12:55 PM

View PostWarHippy, on 26 February 2016 - 12:23 PM, said:

I agree. I am being punished for spending $80 in December on other items because I didn't want to spend $130 in a single month. Come January, PGI says "Thank you for your $80. We're no longer offering you a full Archer pack anymore. Enjoy your same-price/reduced-value pack!"

Scrap that.

#55 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 26 February 2016 - 02:59 PM

Wow . Still going on about this?

It was announced, nothing hidden. It ended.

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 26 February 2016 - 03:00 PM.

#56 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 03:14 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 26 February 2016 - 02:59 PM, said:

Wow . Still going on about this?

It was announced, nothing hidden. It ended.

I didn't revive the thread... Just rejoined after others brought it to the forefront. There is no reason for PGI to remove package content because it only hurts sales.

#57 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 26 February 2016 - 03:48 PM

View PostProsperity Park, on 26 February 2016 - 03:14 PM, said:

I didn't revive the thread... Just rejoined after others brought it to the forefront. There is no reason for PGI to remove package content because it only hurts sales.

Traditional marketing says otherwise. Flash sales, small windows and such give an increased sense of urgency, and actually convince more people to buy more expensive options than they would usually consider. Running that same deal longer does not actually usually do much of anything to increase revenue. Which is why short window/big deal sales are the norm in every single form of retail.

Yes, timing may have cost them YOUR sale, but conversely, that short pressure charged window got MORE people to pull the trigger, and likely on higher prices packs that would not have done so otherwise.

So says every marketing class and firm out there. It's quite literally Marketing 101.

sorry it offends you so, but the amount of bad reasoning on this thread is laughable. If PIG has done one thing decently, through thick and thin, it's to sell. If their marketing analytics showed a larger window would increase revenue, then they certainly would leave the sakes open longer.

#58 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 03:59 PM

You think the early adoptor awards is what convinced the BattleTech Nostalgics to buy the packs?

No. It was Nostalgia, and they would have bought the packs with or without the Early Adoptor Rewards. I am not going to buy on pure Nostalgia; I want a bargain, a deal. They took the bargain away right after I just spent a boatload on Premium Time, and I didn't have the budget to partake in both sales at the same time.

If the Archers still had reasonable pricing, then it would be selling more units. Taking 3 heavy mechs' worth of value away severly devalued the package, and makes it now a typical ripoff.

The Mechs, alone, are overpriced. A "full" package with the rewards is priced well enough to be not grossly overpriced. This is a discussion about package value. The package was priced fine, then they effectively iincreased the price you pay per content delivered. It is no longer priced fine.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users