7 replies to this topic

#1 Jep Jorgensson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 559 posts
  • LocationWest Chicago, IL

Posted 25 December 2015 - 05:36 PM

This has been bugging me for a long time. When we as Clansmen drop into public or CW matches, we are all organized into lances in a company. Those are Inner Sphere terms. The Clans do not use them. We have stars, binaries, and trinaries. If the IS surats want to complain about unfair numbers, then we can drop with four-pointed stars. I can live with that. But Clan units being organized into lances and companies is a slap in the face to the Battletech lore that this game is based on and should be corrected asap.

#2 Lukoi Banacek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 25 December 2015 - 07:56 PM

Fair point.

1. Constant balance tweaks.
2. Community warfare
3. PSR and tier system
4. Increasing playerbase size
5. New mechs
6. Monetization
93. Star vs. lance terminalogy issue.

(P.s. it is just a wee joke, so dont take it hard ;) )

Edited by Lukoi Banacek, 25 December 2015 - 07:58 PM.

#3 Mister Bob Dobalina

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 26 December 2015 - 03:46 AM

They would rather remove Clan Mech negative tweaks during CW matches and match them in 3 lances IS vs 2 stars Clan, meaning 12 IS Mechs vs 10 advanced Clan Mechs. Since the normal ad-hoc matches are a 12 vs 12 mixup I still would have those Clan Mech castration quirks in place somehow. It should still have an incentive to ride IS Mechs.

#4 Jep Jorgensson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 559 posts
  • LocationWest Chicago, IL

Posted 26 December 2015 - 04:35 PM

View PostThomster, on 26 December 2015 - 03:46 AM, said:

They would rather remove Clan Mech negative tweaks during CW matches and match them in 3 lances IS vs 2 stars Clan, meaning 12 IS Mechs vs 10 advanced Clan Mechs. Since the normal ad-hoc matches are a 12 vs 12 mixup I still would have those Clan Mech castration quirks in place somehow. It should still have an incentive to ride IS Mechs.

If the devs quit nerfing the Clans and restored us to our rightful technological superiority I could go along with that.

#5 Dugra Dugrasson

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 139 posts
  • LocationKris Kringle's Resistance Bunker

Posted 26 December 2015 - 04:55 PM

View PostJep, on 26 December 2015 - 04:35 PM, said:

If the devs quit nerfing the Clans and restored us to our rightful technological superiority I could go along with that.

I believe that removing negative Clan quirks, scaling back the XL solo-torso speed penalties, and running 2 Star versus 3 Lance (10v12) would be a good starting point. Also plausible unlike reverting Clan Tech to TT values, that would/should not happen.

Edited by nodebate, 26 December 2015 - 04:55 PM.

#6 m

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 27 December 2015 - 09:15 PM

Related Topic: http://mwomercs.com/...tead-of-lances/

#7 Firewuff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,204 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 29 December 2015 - 09:15 PM

And everyone would flock to the Clan because no one wants to play a competitive game where their stats will be screwed. Having an asymmetrical battle field is fun for PvE but not PvP.

#8 KHAN ATTAKHAN

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 446 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 16 January 2016 - 11:50 PM

I agree, if we are to fight then we should be clansmen not I.S. pretenders, let the wardens dance to their masters tune.
ATTAKHAN666

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users