9 replies to this topic

#1 dr lao

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 278 posts
  • LocationWashington state

Posted 16 January 2016 - 05:40 AM

Hi all I cant seem to place a UAV where I want it I'm looking for a video tutorial on it can some one help .

Posted Image

#2 Lazygunns

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 05:50 AM

Not a video but you might find this useful http://mwomercs.com/...ics-101-comics/ there's a section on UAVs

#3 epikt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 06:04 AM

Didn't really understand if you can't place an UAV in the mechlab (in that case you need to unlock it first)(or you're placing it in the wrong module slot) or if you can't place it on the battlefield (in that case check your key mapping in the option, and bind an easily accessible key to the "launch UAV" command).

(video by Kanajashi, THE youtube channel to follow if you're a rookie))

#4 MechWarrior3671771

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,021 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 16 January 2016 - 06:06 AM

UAVs always launch directly above where your mech is standing, so placement is a matter of putting your mech where you want the UAV to be.

Having Seismic Sensor is big help, you can detect multiple reds from behind a wall and decide to launch a UAV based on how many contacts your Seismic is detecting.

Also, try to place them where the enemy can't shoot them. You can throw one up behind a building, it will detect beyond the building but they can't shoot it down.

#5 dr lao

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 278 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 06:11 AM

its nice info but the thing is I cant seem to place it where I want it I aim my sites in the air and it all ways puts it over my head haw do i aim it ?

View PostFen Tetsudo, on 16 January 2016 - 06:06 AM, said:

UAVs always launch directly above where your mech is standing, so placement is a matter of putting your mech where you want the UAV to be.

Having Seismic Sensor is big help, you can detect multiple reds from behind a wall and decide to launch a UAV based on how many contacts your Seismic is detecting.

Also, try to place them where the enemy can't shoot them. You can throw one up behind a building, it will detect beyond the building but they can't shoot it down.

ok so its all ways over my head ?

#6 MechWarrior3671771

• 2,021 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 16 January 2016 - 06:13 AM

View Postdr lao, on 16 January 2016 - 06:11 AM, said:

ok so its all ways over my head ?

Yes.

Its launches straight up from wherever your mech was when you hit the launch key and stays in that place, ie if you move it doesn't follow you around, it stays wherever you were when you launched it.

Edited by Fen Tetsudo, 16 January 2016 - 06:14 AM.

#7 dr lao

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 278 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 06:21 AM

thanks guys

#8 epikt

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 06:25 AM

Sometimes, when you're in a cave, under a bridge or whatever, you can't deploy your UAV. In that case it make a "poeeerk" noise.

#9 mailin

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 2,033 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 16 January 2016 - 12:16 PM

Placing it where the enemy doesn't see it is pretty critical. You get bonuses based on how many enemies it detects and your friendlies lock, so you really want it to stay up as long as possible, otherwise it's a waste of 40K cbills.

To that end, launch it immediately behind the enemy, or behind a tall building. (Hint: there's one in Frozen City around the B4 area.)

Also, make sure you have the check box clicked in mechlab to auto refill it. (It's right next to the module.)

#10 epikt

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 02:03 PM

View Postmailin, on 16 January 2016 - 12:16 PM, said:

Placing it where the enemy doesn't see it is pretty critical. You get bonuses based on how many enemies it detects and your friendlies lock, so you really want it to stay up as long as possible, otherwise it's a waste of 40K cbills.

Sometimes it's useful to launch an "OMFG the full enemy team is here!" UAV, just to signal your team while you dodge your way through lasers and AC rounds and pray you'll make it alive.
But yep, the sneakier the UAV, the better.

Protip: when deployed the UAV makes a "pock" sound, so you can hear an enemy launching an UAV if you're close enough. Eventually, you also can see the drone fly up.

Also, make sure you have the check box clicked in mechlab to auto refill it. (It's right next to the module.)

Also make sure you're using the cbill version. Auto refill on a MC consumable really hurts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users