- - - - -

Promotions?

13 replies to this topic

#1 x CROW x

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 05:52 PM

So i see some promotions going on, will all mechs be at a lower price in different parts of this year? If yes could someone, if you had that information, tell me well gargoyle will be at a promotion? I want one cuz they are bad.

#2 Leone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 16 January 2016 - 05:53 PM

First off, they don't really tell us what the promotions are gonna be. They just randomly throw up sales. No wait, scratch that, that's second.

First off, 'Goyles aint bad.

~Leone.

#3 S 0 L E N Y A

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,031 posts
  • LocationWest Side

Posted 16 January 2016 - 07:36 PM

View PostLeone, on 16 January 2016 - 05:53 PM, said:

First off, they don't really tell us what the promotions are gonna be. They just randomly throw up sales. No wait, scratch that, that's second.

First off, 'Goyles aint bad.

~Leone.

Yep, nobody knows. Just grind it out and be happy with your accomplishment.
Id skip the gargoyle though.

#4 Darkspart3n

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 41 posts
  • LocationThe Outer Rim

Posted 16 January 2016 - 07:50 PM

View PostBoogie138, on 16 January 2016 - 07:36 PM, said:

Yep, nobody knows. Just grind it out and be happy with your accomplishment.
Id skip the gargoyle though.

While not the most popular the gargoyle is fast compared to other assault mechs. I will say that it is very easy to disarm this mech as there are NO torso hardpoints to speak of, and the arms are very low in comparison to how tall this mech is. If you have tried this mech out already and feel you like it go ahead and save up for it, because you should play what you like but I would also recommend you look into the Ebon Jag as it is the same speed as the goyle but has much more pod space for the weight class and will save you some C-bills as 17 mil for each gargoyle (including new weapons and pods) is very steep for a mech that is not 'in' at the moment.

-Best of luck, Dark

P.S. if you dont want a heavy you can check out the Executioner as its a little slower but better hard points and more space overall

#5 Leone

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 07:54 PM

View PostDarkspart3n, on 16 January 2016 - 07:50 PM, said:

I will say that it is very easy to disarm this mech as there are NO torso hardpoints to speak of...

Two outta Five 'Goyles Disagree.

~Leone.

#6 x CROW x

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 08:16 PM

That thing is just too big and wide for corner picking, the only viable builds that i get is cspl boat, medium laser boat, 2 srm6/4med(or cspl) and 1 cuac20 + some lasers, and even so there are mechs that do all of this and better even on medium size. With the size of an atlas (almost) and a CT that is just too damn big (should realy get reworked hitboxes, he appears to be forgotten on this game) he is just, almost unviable, almost because in a good team any decent pilot with any moderate mech can win and do well, because of this i play hin, but most of time he sucks so much, defense in assault isn't about speed, speed is just to keep up with the team, 64+ is suficienty, even an experienced dire can keep with his team even if the team ignores hin, also defense isn't all about the armour, defense is about torso twisting, hitboxes, and firepower, the more firepower you have the less chance of being in a bad situation that you can't defend yourself, and know what, lasers boats that aren't too good in heat efficiency are this type of mech, and the garg is just eveen worst with his size/hitboxes. Not to mention his low hardpoints, easy to disarm, and hard to hide fromn isolating CT with arms and side torsos, it's just over the top the worst mech in the game.

#7 S 0 L E N Y A

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,031 posts
  • LocationWest Side

Posted 16 January 2016 - 08:34 PM

K... wat?

#8 Darkspart3n

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 41 posts
  • LocationThe Outer Rim

Posted 16 January 2016 - 08:36 PM

View PostLeone, on 16 January 2016 - 07:54 PM, said:

Two outta Five 'Goyles Disagree.

~Leone.

I was referring to side torsos, sorry for the misinformation but the CT hardpoints still dont make this mech any better in my eyes.

View Postx CROW x, on 16 January 2016 - 08:16 PM, said:

That thing is just too big and wide for corner picking, the only viable builds that i get is cspl boat, medium laser boat, 2 srm6/4med(or cspl) and 1 cuac20 + some lasers, and even so there are mechs that do all of this and better even on medium size. With the size of an atlas (almost) and a CT that is just too damn big (should realy get reworked hitboxes, he appears to be forgotten on this game) he is just, almost unviable, almost because in a good team any decent pilot with any moderate mech can win and do well, because of this i play hin, but most of time he sucks so much, defense in assault isn't about speed, speed is just to keep up with the team, 64+ is suficienty, even an experienced dire can keep with his team even if the team ignores hin, also defense isn't all about the armour, defense is about torso twisting, hitboxes, and firepower, the more firepower you have the less chance of being in a bad situation that you can't defend yourself, and know what, lasers boats that aren't too good in heat efficiency are this type of mech, and the garg is just eveen worst with his size/hitboxes. Not to mention his low hardpoints, easy to disarm, and hard to hide fromn isolating CT with arms and side torsos, it's just over the top the worst mech in the game.

And I thought you said you wanted a gargoyle? I so confused right now

#9 x CROW x

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 08:44 PM

View PostDarkspart3n, on 16 January 2016 - 08:36 PM, said:

I was referring to side torsos, sorry for the misinformation but the CT hardpoints still dont make this mech any better in my eyes.
And I thought you said you wanted a gargoyle? I so confused right now

As i said, i play them because i find they fun, but i would realy like one right arm to have a balistic hardpoint, or at least the one with 4 lasers to have a -20% laser heat generation quirk to compete with the 6 lasers hardpoint one, or one version of side torso to have a masc, i think that would be cool because now, he is the worst mech in the game, i can't find a worse mech than hin, i'm saving for my third variant tough :P

#10 Leone

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 12:58 AM

View PostDarkspart3n, on 16 January 2016 - 08:36 PM, said:

Fair 'nouf. Most clan mech I rarely lose my arm arms before my Side Torsos pops anyways, so the fact that the 'Goyle does often lose an arm first is a bonus for me. That said, I usually lose my CT before both arms, so I've never really felt it a loss.

I will admit that if your looking for a pokey mech however, the Man'o'War is not for you.

View Postx CROW x, on 16 January 2016 - 08:44 PM, said:

...i can't find a worse mech than hin, i'm saving for my third variant tough Posted Image
The Uller, or Kit Fox as you may know it, is the only omni-mech I know of that is lessened by the addition of the ecm omni-pod. I feel it may take the cake for worst for the fact it can have ECM and yet... make one not wanna take it.

~Leone.

Edited by Leone, 17 January 2016 - 01:02 AM.

#11 CyborgDragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 356 posts
  • LocationRight behind you o.o

Posted 17 January 2016 - 01:33 AM

View PostLeone, on 17 January 2016 - 12:58 AM, said:

The Uller, or Kit Fox as you may know it, is the only omni-mech I know of that is lessened by the addition of the ecm omni-pod. I feel it may take the cake for worst for the fact it can have ECM and yet... make one not wanna take it.

~Leone.

I think you might be thinking of the Mist Lynx, the Kit Fox still has plenty going for it with the ECM equipped.

#12 x CROW x

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 12:43 PM

View PostLeone, on 17 January 2016 - 12:58 AM, said:

Fair 'nouf. Most clan mech I rarely lose my arm arms before my Side Torsos pops anyways, so the fact that the 'Goyle does often lose an arm first is a bonus for me. That said, I usually lose my CT before both arms, so I've never really felt it a loss.

I will admit that if your looking for a pokey mech however, the Man'o'War is not for you.

~Leone.

Kit fox? 3 ams with 5ton ammo, 4machineguns with 5 ton ammo, ecm, 3 mlasers (if i remember well) and some heatsinks, you will be the best scout out there doing 400~500 dmg each game with 2~3 kills, at least these are the scores for me most of the times, i think that the kit fox, for what it does (support) is actualy the best support mech in the game.

#13 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 17 January 2016 - 01:26 PM

View Postx CROW x, on 17 January 2016 - 12:43 PM, said:

Kit fox? 3 ams with 5ton ammo, 4machineguns with 5 ton ammo, ecm, 3 mlasers (if i remember well) and some heatsinks, you will be the best scout out there doing 400~500 dmg each game with 2~3 kills, at least these are the scores for me most of the times, i think that the kit fox, for what it does (support) is actualy the best support mech in the game.

is it even possible to use 1.25 tones of ammo per machine gun? I rarely use as much as half a ton each MG, and I use MGs a lot, although I did get through 6 tones of AMS ammo once (out of about 10 matches trying a build, I ended up reducing to 4) on the KFX.

#14 Leone

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 11:05 PM

I mighta been thinking myst lynx. I don't actually own either of em, so I coulda messed em up.

~Leone.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users