Better Idea For Community Warfare.

3 replies to this topic

#1 NeoGenesis For Answer

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 74 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 11:04 PM

Hasn't everyone gotten tired of constantly attacking orbital cannons? Seriously we've blown up (or not blown up lol) the same gens over, and over, and over again.

My thought for CW:
Gradual assault process for taking planets.

How does someone take a planet? Blow up orbital cannons until someone the defender has half of them left? Technically a sound strategy if we're just going to glass the planet or prep for regular troops to assault the planet.

Another aspect I want to bring to mind is the ability for drop commanders to summon reinforcements/mercenaries using funds from his unit or his own bank account. He/she could call upon:
C-Bill versions
Infantry platoon providing minor distractions to the enemy.
A mechanized armor platoon (infantry with tanks),
light armor platoon (multiple light tanks with 1-2 heavy tanks
Heavy armor squad- big motherf****** tanks roll onto the battlefield
Aviation wing support- think attack helicopters.
Airborne infantry (drop anywhere on the map)
elemental squad<- PLEZ

MC versions
Think hero units
Hero elementals and stuff

Defenders would be given more defenses or more favorable terrain to compensate . These reinforcements give a unit the ability to spend money that sit in their coffers far to long. However calling upon these too much (especially something like the elementals) could easily bankrupt even the wealthiest units amongst us.

First initial assault waves objective/game mode: Cannon Assault same as before no changes here.

Second step in planet capture:
After thats over the attackers move onto more of a transitional area making their way to the next objective. This is the defender's chance to push back. The attackers set up a small outpost/FOB/whatever with perimeter defenses expecting to rest and refit here. The planets defenders are to attack their FOB and kill the attackers.
Planet Defenders win: The next game mode will be a counter attack on the cannon.
Planet Attackers win: See below

Third step in planet capture:
Military base/airfield assault:
Each defender has an extra air strike to call upon. The base has some fixed defensive positions with some infantry and tanks patrolling.

Each attacker has an extra artillery strike to call upon.

Attackers Obj: Kill the opposing team.

Planetary defenders win: push attackers back to the FOB
Planet attackers win: Push onto next obj.

Capital Assault:
The final step in taking a planet which should be the hardest.

Defenders get fixed defense elemental squad and infantry support.

Attackers get Light tank platoon and Heavy tank squad with chopper support.

Attackers have to cross open terrain with little cover whereas the defenders have cover from behind which can lay into the attackers. But be wary, heavy tanks pack alot of firepower and have excellent forward armor.

Secure the Area: The attackers attack the surrounding area, defenders have scattered infantry and tanks throughout the battlefield. Attackers are tasked with mopping up the defenders. If they win there will be an extra layer of protection around the capital that the planets defenders will have to go through to retake the capital.

There could be more steps involved of course but my hope is that we get some CW games less stale than attack this cannon, now defend that cannon, now attack this cannon...

With the separation of pubs and units this would work better of course, however if pubs want to stand a good chance they'll need to join a unit.

Those are my thoughts on it anyways take it, butcher it, call me a smelly, mangy clanner whatever. You could also offer ideas to improve on it, but that's crazy this is the internet fire away.

Also I apologize in advance for lots of text I know people on the internet have a nasty habit of not being able to read past the first couple of sentences so if you read this last sentence good for you *claps*

Edited by NeoGenesis For Answer, 16 January 2016 - 11:11 PM.

#2 ztac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 05:40 AM

There have been countless threads about improving CW. But PGI just do not seem to be interested , and a part of the community won't care as the current model works for them....

CW itself has a whole myriad of problems that have and most probably will never be addressed , all they ever do is just plaster over the cracks! But then If they can't even fix solo mode then what hope for CW?

#3 Livewyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,733 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 17 January 2016 - 06:22 AM

Good luck.

#4 NeoGenesis For Answer

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 74 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 07:09 AM

View Postztac, on 17 January 2016 - 05:40 AM, said:

... and a part of the community won't care as the current model works for them....

When the community has got everything down to a science, it probably needs to be changed... needs moar flavor. Something that says holee ***, this is awesome.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users