Pug Cw Basic Guidelines... (Problem/solution)

No replies to this topic

#1 ph0tiC fENG

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 01:05 PM

We all know the curse of pugs in CW, especially ones who do things such as a.) "Wow, this is my first faction match", b.) trickling in the gate to attack, c.) coming to a complete stop during a push, and d.) those who try to snipe an enemy in the back at distance with a couple of SPLs. So many more examples but I digress.

To at least help out the first few examples, it crossed my mind that maybe there could exist a universal guidance to CW - and I use that term loosely. I am NOT talking about a 5 page guide with tips, tricks, tactics, moves, etc, etc. Instead like a ridiculous but simplistic "MWO:CW Ten Commandments" page that lists the top 10+ mistakes that people do while playing with factions.

"Thou Shalt Not Covet Thy Teammates rear armor."
"Thou Shalt Not Stop In the middle of a line of teammates."
"Thou Shalt Stay with your Team/Lance."
"Thou Shalt Not Go It Alone."
"Thou Shalt Heed the Advice of Veteran players" (which gets difficult when there is too many chiefs)
- And so on.

And when I say universal, I mean literally any faction can spam it to their new players without giving away secrets. I know there is a detailed guide to MWO on Steam, there are a few more in Google Docs. Video tutorials and on and on. but that requires someone to go read/dig through the multiple pages. These could be linked at the bottom. I'm saying a simple "in your face page of 'do/do not do" things. Might be very cheap to setup depending on a persons resources.

The website could be something simple to type in MWO chat, 'www.cw10commandments.com' (instead of 'https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=573470001') . Or whatever it is themed upon (doesnt have to be commandments, lolz).

The goal is just to help new players along who are making the transition from Pub to CW - they already have the BASIC knowledge of the game, and see where this differs. The effects may be better pickup games, teammates talking or listening to eachother, and less excuses at the end of the match about how Pugs lost the match for X.

Its just a random thought. Lemme know what you think, or if this exists already say so and I'll start giving it out to ppl. If the idea sucks, lemme know.. but maybe suggest a better way.
If you got some more CW commandments to add, let 'em rip!

(This will be CW3 proof, pugs can still help pugs).

Edited by ph0tiC, 17 January 2016 - 06:49 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users