- - - - -

Advice For Enforcers?

Help Me

5 replies to this topic

#1 HellbringerNGV

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 04:40 PM

I'm not really liking the current medium meta (I find energy weapons annoying to manage) and am looking for a semi-mobile ballistic build for my enforcers. Dual UAC5 or ac10, are DHS really worth it on a no-energy build, is there some IS mech similar with srms, etc.

Stock engines only please...

#2 Nik Reaper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 05:08 PM

I guess something like this could work for you as an srm boat http://mwo.smurfy-ne...164f8b346732d5b or this http://mwo.smurfy-ne...283d6d4ebbf03fa, though it is better with a larger XL, also yes DHS are a must on all mechs that you plan to keep, some only do not upgrade mechs they need to basic out then sell. Also sry but there very few mechs that have any good builds with the stock engine , at least the non XL engines are mostly under 2 mil.

Even an UAC5 only mech with SHS will heat up on a hot map when moving and firing a lot, also what part of energy is the problem, the keeping on target for the burn or the heat management?

Edited by Nik Reaper, 17 January 2016 - 05:11 PM.

#3 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 18 January 2016 - 12:53 AM

about the only builds I would run without DHS is dual Gauss with nothing else, or a a single small or medium laser and machine guns.

as for the dual UAC5 ENF build here you are:
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...b744a358f42e4b7
as it just has a single Medium Laser you could get away with single heat sinks on that but as it comes with doubles there is no reason to do it.

#4 ProfessorD

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 01:18 AM

Apologies in advance, HellbringerNGV. It sounds like you're here to pick up some hard truths.

1. You will want to upgrade to Double Heat Sinks on every single mech you buy. You can find people around the forums making fun of this as the "DHS Tax", since that's basically what it is. There are no reasonable builds in the game where it makes sense to use Single Heat Sinks.

2. You need to learn to aim lasers and hold them on targets. Lasers are not a fad that's going to go away. Lasers have been the primary weapons of lights and most mediums since the very beginning of Closed Beta and have always seen at least some use on all weight classes.

3. You probably should try out SRM-boating mediums. I agree with Nik, Griffins are a good suggestion.

4. Stock engines only is a really tough constraint. Mediums usually need to be carrying either their max size engine or an XL.

Given that, your best Enforcer options are going to be:

The stock ENF-4P (which must qualify as one of the best stock IS builds in the game) or this minor upgrade (more armor and ammo), or

This upgraded ENF-5P (removed the useless Small Laser and extra heatsinks, added Endo Steel, added a bunch more ammo and a little more armor).

#5 Prof RJ Gumby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 01:19 AM

View PostRogue Jedi, on 18 January 2016 - 12:53 AM, said:

That one can be a great no-laser medium. One of my favourites. Has stock engine too (although upgrading to xl255 adds a bit more mobility for no weight). Basically a mini Jagermech. My advice:
1. add ento steel (cause you can)
2. drop the laser (1 laser is not worth the weight or bothering to adjusting aim to shoot it instead of UAC5s),
3. drop all the heatsinks (almost impossible to overheat in this anyway),
4. possibly drop 1 JJ too (one could argue about that).
5. Fill all the free space with uac5 ammo.
6. Go wreck face Posted Image

Just remember to jump the enemy AFTER he takes his shot (shield first, then strike back), avoid playing peekaboo (because you're a dps mech) and try to have cover close, cause you'll never know when those UACs gonna jam.

EDIT:

View PostProfessorD, on 18 January 2016 - 01:18 AM, said:

This upgraded ENF-5P (removed the useless Small Laser and extra heatsinks, added Endo Steel, added a bunch more ammo and a little more armor).

That's basically it. I use mine with 1 less jumpjet and 40 armor on both legs, to squeeze in 1 ton of ammo more (and I still can run out of it, but that's me :])

Edited by Prof RJ Gumby, 18 January 2016 - 01:26 AM.

#6 Pineapple Salad

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 142 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 18 January 2016 - 01:50 AM

Here's my ENF-5P build.

Enforcer 5P is a bit different than other mechs in the game. The same build logic does not apply. Instead of heat and speed, you're short of ammo tons. That's why I have dropped the engine rating to 225XL and put an external heatsink in. Theoretically you could go even lower, maybe 210XL but then you'd be seriously in danger of getting left behind. A medium mech that moves at 70kph will still be more agile than a heavy or assault at same speed so there's nothing to be worried about. 2 Jumpjets are a necessity to gain access to a lot of good spots on the map, so I sacrificed half tons for that.

This build still has 225 shots, which makes for 1125 damage potential. In most games you will run out of ammo, but even with 60% hit rate you'd still be doing almost 700 damage. Not bad for any medium mech I think.

UACs require a different playstyle than most other mechs. Keep in mind that you have almost 800m range at full damage, pick your targets carefully, when you get hang of it, you can effectively lead and hit moving assaults and even heavies at that range. You can't trade with uacs however. If the enemy is constantly poking in and out of cover, you will lose your DPS benefit and you will have weaker alpha than most things you're trading against. Instead, focus on constant movement and look for good angles and open flanks. One unique advantage that uacs have over other weapons is that they do not lose effectiveness as the range changes. SRMs and medium lasers can only be used up close. Against those mechs you will want to keep your range. Large lasers, PPCs and LRMs lose effectiveness or overheat up close. Go in and hug them to death. UAC enforcer will constantly have to adapt to take the advantage of the situation, or else you will always be the underdog.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users