- - - - -

House Tour For Mech Bays Question

11 replies to this topic

#1 Eillot Dayes

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 24 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 08:19 PM

Regarding 'house tours' for mech bays, do you all generally leave after attaining faction loyalty of rank 2? Is it worth the time trying to grind to rank 6 for each house, it seems like that would take alot more time.

#2 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 17 January 2016 - 08:44 PM

I've never heard of anyone doing that, but it seems like an easy way to get started. Why not switch through each at rank 2, then go up further after? IIRC, you don't lose rank with a faction when you change, so there's no harm, no foul.

#3 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 17 January 2016 - 09:16 PM

View PostWintersdark, on 17 January 2016 - 08:44 PM, said:

I've never heard of anyone doing that, but it seems like an easy way to get started. Why not switch through each at rank 2, then go up further after? IIRC, you don't lose rank with a faction when you change, so there's no harm, no foul.

You lose faction standing by murdering pilots of the faction you just left.

#4 Wintersdark

• 13,375 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 17 January 2016 - 09:17 PM

View PostMetus regem, on 17 January 2016 - 09:16 PM, said:

You lose faction standing by murdering pilots of the faction you just left.
Still not a problem. Just fight us filthy clanners.

After all, I've made it to Star Captain without killing any fellow clanners.

#5 Wintersdark

• 13,375 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 17 January 2016 - 09:27 PM

You wouldn't even really need to care much about that if you were careful about the order you approached things in (attacking your next faction first) as you can't go below zero... So start at one point, work your way around, _then_ focus on us filthy clanners as an option.

#6 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 17 January 2016 - 10:42 PM

View PostWintersdark, on 17 January 2016 - 09:17 PM, said:

Still not a problem. Just fight us filthy clanners.

After all, I've made it to Star Captain without killing any fellow clanners.

I went from Ghost Bear to Davion so when I answered defense calls against Ghost Bear I took a hit.

#7 Not A Real RAbbi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationDeath to Aladeen Cafe

Posted 17 January 2016 - 11:01 PM

Still, that's up to 30 free mech bays to have, sooner or later, by just playing CW.

Yes, I've heard of it. It's actually the biggest reason that my team rotates contracts. Each player has a couple weeks, each in turn, to play the faction they want to, and we all rank up with each as we play, and we all realize the rewards (including the occasional free mech bay).

I understand there are quite a few units doing this for their members' benefit. MIGHT explain all the suspicious changes of allegiance lately, that otherwise would be considered some nefarious seal-clubbing conspiracy. #JustSayin' #ItCouldHappen #JudyTenudaIsMyFantasyGirl #HashtagsSuck

#8 Leone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 17 January 2016 - 11:02 PM

It depends. If you really work for it, you can get rank 2 in a day, so, if you've the time, you can take a week long contract, cancel it immediately, and grind to rank two before your three days minimum cancellation falls through.

But then I tried getting rank six in one go with Clan Jade Falcon, and found myself hanging out with a unit alot eventually doing a quick faction tour to finish off my rank twos before signing up.

~Leone.

#9 Eillot Dayes

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 24 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 11:55 PM

Thanks guys! Very helpful info. I'm going to just get 2 from each in the rotation. Then again if I ever need more mech bays.

#10 Not A Real RAbbi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationDeath to Aladeen Cafe

Posted 18 January 2016 - 09:59 PM

Cool. It doesn't take much. I've played SIX CW drops in CSJ EVER, and those are all within the last 24 hours. Already past rank 2. 4 of those 6 were losses, and in maybe (MAYBE) two of those six I was in the top half of damage and match score on my side. ALREADY got the free mech bay from CSJ. If you have a few hours a week to put into MWO, then you can do a one-week contract per faction and rotate. 2.5 months, 10 free bays. Add to the 4 you start with, and that's 14. That's a WHOLE COMPANY PLUS. That's THREE drop decks, or call it one each Clan and IS, with spares to rotate in for different maps (hotter builds for Boreal and Grim, cooler for Vitric and Sulfurous, for example). Two chassis' for each side, three or four variants each, and it ALL fits. By then, you'll likely have plenty of GXP for a couple of important modules, and the CBills to buy a couple of each as well. Three months from now, you should have a pretty respectable setup with ZERO IRL cash expended.

I love F2P!

#11 Leartes

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 47 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 12:45 AM

If you consider yourself a halfway decent player and have on average 2h to play CW per day you can do 2 week contracts and grind straight to rank 6. At least that is what I'm doing at the moment and it is the primary reason I didn't look for a unit yet. Right now I'm doing liao and starting februrary I'll be a clanner for two month.

If I still like MWO after that I'll probably look for a unit and longer contracts.

EDIT: If you are considering the 2 week rank 6 thing, you should ask yourself: Do I reliably get ~2.5k loyalty points per day on average?

Edited by Leartes, 19 January 2016 - 12:47 AM.

#12 Oldbob10025

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 831 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationOldfolks home

Posted 20 January 2016 - 02:05 AM

Here is a video I made on how to get free mechbays and also explains where to get them as well..

hope this helps..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users