49 replies to this topic

#21 TyphonCh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 1,074 posts
  • LocationDue North

Posted 19 January 2016 - 03:20 PM

Sorry, is this the first PvP game you've ever played? It's well within the developers rights to bring in balance changes to anything regardless if you spent money on it or not
#dealwithit

#22 Lyoto Machida

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,081 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 03:26 PM

View PostDarthRevis, on 19 January 2016 - 03:14 PM, said:

So are you gonna change that tune when the re scaled DRG get released and is a decent - good mech again?

RVN's are pretty non existent anyway sooo....

Yea its how PGI wants it....its their game after all.

Yeah, and c-bills were reduced due to "incoming CW rewards"...how long did that fix to the economy take to complete? A couple years? Or maybe it was the introduction of 12 mans...whatever.

Of course they want things a certain way...sell mechs and then remove quirks. Not the first time it has happened and it won't be the last.

Also, you have no idea that the Dragon will become a good mech after the rescale (since it's never been top tier in the first place). Sounds plausible but this is PGI again...for all we know, it could actually turn out worse. And while it's true that Ravens are mostly not seen for the most part, the Huginn is pretty non-existent because of hardpoints. At least you see the other Ravens from time to time. Maybe PGI has some sort of quota on how many mech variants they want to be in play at a certain time and the Huginn didn't make the cut. I'm just going to use a pair of LRM10s to finish mastering it (in a few years).

#23 DAYLEET

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 19 January 2016 - 03:30 PM

The Huggin has better quirks than the Oxide but the Oxide has more hardpoint. Dont that even things up? 2 srm6 with 25%cooldown vs 4 srm4 with 15%cooldown?

#24 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 19 January 2016 - 03:31 PM

View PostViolent Nick, on 19 January 2016 - 03:20 PM, said:

Clans? IICs?
Nothing was said of this and I think you've read too much between the lines.
What I said is more about 'SALES' than my favourite mech. I play CW a LOT. I'm pretty good too.. Posted Image x
And.. I have Commandos. They are usable. Huginn is not.. Posted Image
Evidence.. Look around in game.

Well thats mainly why the Jenner IIC was put in the game, for Clanners and CW mainly not to eclipse the Huggin like you previously stated. So i think you are READING IN BETWEEN PGI lines a little too much.

We already had mechs that can do that so it wasnt for NEW GAMEPLAY or STYLE because ti already existed in the Oxide and Huggin.

I dont EVER see Commandos, like ever. What Tier are you in? That really will tell me a lot more about the game you see then anything. In t4 and t5 yea you will see Commandos and Mist Lynx winning games. Above that you wont even see them being played...

Except for a few forum warriors who know who they are.Posted Image

Edited by DarthRevis, 19 January 2016 - 03:33 PM.

#25 Violent Nick

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • 335 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 19 January 2016 - 03:32 PM

View PostTeam Chevy86, on 19 January 2016 - 03:20 PM, said:

Sorry, is this the first PvP game you've ever played? It's well within the developers rights to bring in balance changes to anything regardless if you spent money on it or not #dealwithit

The point I am FUC*ING making.. is that, we now never see Huginns in game. Reason why, is they are now pretty useless. Better than they were when first introduced, but quirks were supposed to make things balanced. Now, given the Huginn's (AS AN EXAMPLE) popularity before, during and after quirks, I am saying that they were lifted up, then smashed. I am further making the point that they were powerful SITUATIONAL mechs, just like say, the Executioner, Dragons, Stalker (Lrm boats), yada yada yada..

I am then moving on to the point that this mech, FOR EXAMPLE is now NOT BALANCED which is why we see almost NONE in game. My final point is that not only have PGI not balanced this type of mech (Situationally effective, but also with WEAKNESS) and that this has helped them to SELL other mechs, in some cases for REAL money and that this is NOT COOL.

I have as a balancing factor in my argument stated that I understand PGI's need to earn real money, however, despite their obvious right to tinker with their product in order to optimise it.
My conclusion however, was that the way this has been done (see previous text if you don't get it..) is pretty sh!tty..

Simples.. :)

#26 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,929 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 19 January 2016 - 03:32 PM

Man, if people are this upset over the Huggin nerf, can you imagine how the poor steam players who've bought the Black Jack (because of its current structure buffs) are going to feel when they nerf those back? Gonna be ugly.

#27 Lyoto Machida

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,081 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 03:33 PM

View PostDAYLEET, on 19 January 2016 - 03:30 PM, said:

The Huggin has better quirks than the Oxide but the Oxide has more hardpoint. Dont that even things up? 2 srm6 with 25%cooldown vs 4 srm4 with 15%cooldown?

How many Huginns do you see in game versus Oxides? Just curious.

#28 Violent Nick

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • 335 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 19 January 2016 - 03:34 PM

View PostDarthRevis, on 19 January 2016 - 03:31 PM, said:

Well thats mainly why the Jenner IIC was put in the game, for Clanners and CW mainly not to eclipse the Huggin like you previously stated. So i think you are READING IN BETWEEN PGI lines a little too much. We already had mechs that can do that so it wasnt for NEW GAMEPLAY or STYLE because ti already existed in the Oxide and Huggin.

Didn't say anything about new game play.. don't care about Jenner IIC, don't care what roles mechs can do..

View PostBud Crue, on 19 January 2016 - 03:32 PM, said:

Man, if people are this upset over the Huggin nerf, can you imagine how the poor steam players who've bought the Black Jack (because of its current structure buffs) are going to feel when they nerf those back? Gonna be ugly.

Exactly. Regardless of whatever else you wanna put in to the argument, is THAT good for the game, the players or even PGI?

#29 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 03:36 PM

They really need to do it sooner then later, i agree with you.

Gonna be a lot of salty quitters after that nerf. As in, this game is lame Flavor of the month BS i quit.

Its bad for gameplay to have a 45 tons mech take the dmg of 75 tonner and once it get changed the butt hurt will be real.

View PostViolent Nick, on 19 January 2016 - 03:34 PM, said:

Didn't say anything about new game play.. don't care about Jenner IIC, don't care what roles mechs can do..

Then what are you crying about? Your P2W mech is not P2W anymore?

#30 Lyoto Machida

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,081 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 03:37 PM

Caveat Emptor. Better that they learn this lesson here than facing down the business end of a handgun after a "business" deal gone wrong in Baltimore or Chicago.

View PostDarthRevis, on 19 January 2016 - 03:35 PM, said:

They really need to do it sooner then later, i agree with you.

Gonna be a lot of salty quitters after that nerf. As in, this game is lame Flavor of the month BS i quit.

Its bad for gameplay to have a 45 tons mech take the dmg of 75 tonner and once it get changed the butt hurt will be real.

It's what PGI wants in their game though. See how that works?

#31 Thunder Child

• The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 1,460 posts
  • LocationOn the other side of the rock now.

Posted 19 January 2016 - 03:38 PM

The Victor and Highlander would like their thread back please.

#32 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 03:40 PM

View PostLyoto Machida, on 19 January 2016 - 03:37 PM, said:

Caveat Emptor. Better that they learn this lesson here than facing down the business end of a handgun after a "business" deal gone wrong in Baltimore or Chicago.

It's what PGI wants in their game though. See how that works?

I'm well aware, and that doesn't stop me from voicing my opinion just like you.Posted Image

Also, i could really care less if it really changes....i'm here to stay no matter the silly quirks and nerfs that go on from here till shut down.

and yes Caveat Emptor....to all that enter here.

#33 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 19 January 2016 - 03:40 PM

Even though our balance overlord ISN'T the Paulconomist, he is the Paulconomist in our hearts when he rebalances every mech.

In a way, the Paulconomy is not a lie.

#34 DAYLEET

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 19 January 2016 - 03:44 PM

View PostLyoto Machida, on 19 January 2016 - 03:33 PM, said:

How many Huginns do you see in game versus Oxides? Just curious.

none and i dont see any oxide either. I see IIC Jenner and their boating-powers will serve those who want to throw srm with a light.

#35 Violent Nick

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • 335 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 19 January 2016 - 03:46 PM

View PostThunder Child, on 19 January 2016 - 03:38 PM, said:

The Victor and Highlander would like their thread back please.

They need it... I feel sorry for them too..

So sad. Maybe PGI will overquirk them, sell some, nerf them and f*ck off a few hundred more people.
When did they have the license til again..? :P

View PostDAYLEET, on 19 January 2016 - 03:44 PM, said:

none and i dont see any oxide either. I see IIC Jenner and their boating-powers will serve those who want to throw srm with a light.

And funny enough, they were just all sold for er... MC.

Seeeee... Truth this one is speaking.

#36 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 03:48 PM

View PostDAYLEET, on 19 January 2016 - 03:44 PM, said:

I saw two the other day, and one in the exhibition series last night.

That the most Oxides i have seen in almost a year. They are played both about the same I would guess. We are just stuck with only anecdotal evidence to try to make these claims.

Both of them are sub par IMO but there is a fine line with those mechs of what is OP and UP.

View PostViolent Nick, on 19 January 2016 - 03:46 PM, said:

When did they have the license til again..? Posted Image

Till 2020 or something...SO either deal with it or wait for HBS game like i said.

Or maybe you should start putting all this in some Emails and sending it to PGI? Maybe hit Russ up on Twitter? Since you are so outraged at a company taking their product and making into what THEY want.

How dare they....

#37 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,929 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 19 January 2016 - 03:55 PM

Nick,

I am not certain I understand your point. I mean, yes I get that you are upset about the Huggin nerf, but in a way every mech (imo) is situational. I still play my Huggin when I am pugging for C-bills. I play all my heros specifically for that (situation?). Some I play more than others and for other reasons/situations. I don't see much difference regarding its viability and use now than before the last nerf. Sure it is a bit slower and I can't core out the back of an enemy as fast, but I can still do it.

As to the bigger issue I see in your posts regarding the perception that PGI mucking with the mechs is somehow an unjust/unfair/stupid practice. Not sure I agree or disagree, but I understand why they do it (BALANCE...or something). They have been doing it for quite a while now (I don't remember exactly when quirks were introduced), and thus this sort of activity should not be a shock to anyone other than perhaps Steam players who jumped into the game without doing any due diligence.

Yes they nerf/buff mechs. They will continue to do so. Water is wet. The sun is bright.

#38 RoboPatton

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 794 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 03:56 PM

Just Own all the mechs!

Now you CANT have a bad one!

$_$ CHA'CHING! $_$

#39 DAYLEET

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 19 January 2016 - 03:56 PM

View PostDarthRevis, on 19 January 2016 - 03:48 PM, said:

Both of them are sub par IMO but there is a fine line with those mechs of what is OP and UP.

What do you mean subpar, they can sneak behind a mech and deliver 24-35 points of fld and at their range it's pretty much pinpoint too. I call that cheap not subpar. Ofcourse IIC outgun and outsurvive you it's what clan mech do.

#40 Thunder Child

• The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 1,460 posts
  • LocationOn the other side of the rock now.

Posted 19 January 2016 - 03:58 PM

View PostViolent Nick, on 19 January 2016 - 03:46 PM, said:

They need it... I feel sorry for them too..

So sad. Maybe PGI will overquirk them, sell some, nerf them and f*ck off a few hundred more people.
When did they have the license til again..? Posted Image

They already did that, when they removed Convergence and synced up the PPC/Gauss. We had Poptarts for about a year and a half. The Dragon Slayer and Heavy Metal came out during that time, and were Kings of Mount Tryhard. Then PGI nerfed Jump Jets, and the DS and HM were never seen again.

The point. This is not the first time. This is not the last. As per the EULA, all values in game are subject to change.

All of this has happened before, and all of it will happen again.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users