#21 S 0 L E N Y A

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,031 posts
  • LocationWest Side

Posted 20 January 2016 - 05:06 PM

View Postmailin, on 20 January 2016 - 03:32 PM, said:

To the LadyDramas, does MWO even work on a laptop with intergrated graphic?

My laptop does. Hp w/ i74510 and 8g ram.
Have to run on almost everything on the lowest settings and I think it averages high 20s fps, but it does work. On mid settings the game actually crashes before launching into a match.

I got a team mate that also exclusively plays on his lap tap w/ integral gpu. Not sure exactly what he is running though.

#22 Digital_Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 441 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 05:09 PM

View Postmailin, on 20 January 2016 - 03:32 PM, said:

To the LadyDramas, does MWO even work on a laptop with intergrated graphic?

Yep, there are several forum threads in the support section regarding this. I have a 3rd generation I7-3630QM (3.4 GHz, Intel HD 4000 graphics), 8 GB of RAM with 512MB dedicated to the graphics card.

If I make sure nothing else is running in the background I can reliably get 20-25 FPS with antivirus running at 136x768 at low graphics settings with shadows and environment at medium. Going entirely to low settings gets about 2-4 FPS improvement depending on the map.

Dropping resolution to 1280x 768 increases FPS to 26-32 FPS fairly reliably on low settings.

If I disable the AV as well when running MWO, I usually see between 28-36 FPS. Occasionally I'll see 40 FPS.

The laptop is great for most things, but running integrated graphics really holds me back for gaming. Hopefully within the next 6 months I'll have a decent gaming desktop setup again for the first time in many years.

#23 Golrar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 359 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 20 January 2016 - 08:36 PM

View PostRogue Jedi, on 20 January 2016 - 02:22 PM, said:

not really, Disk Operating System was Microsoft first OS, Windows started as just Graphical User Interface to use DOS without understanding the the DOS command line, but it used many times the system Resources of DOS alone.
you used to have to quit out of Windows into DOS to run most games and many older programs, even today it is often easier to fix problems from the Command Line than using the Windows GUI

Which is why Linux and Linux admins are superior to Windows and MCSEs in every aspect except market share (well consumer market share that is). You can see the speed difference between Apache served web addresses and Windows served address. A lot less problems, too.

#24 Digital_Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 441 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 08:45 AM

View PostGolrar, on 20 January 2016 - 08:36 PM, said:

Which is why Linux and Linux admins are superior to Windows and MCSEs in every aspect except market share (well consumer market share that is). You can see the speed difference between Apache served web addresses and Windows served address. A lot less problems, too.

While I have a lot of respect for Linux/Unix admins, I wouldn't go that far. Linux/Unix, Solaris, and Windows all have their pros and cons and I have worked as systems support and software development for systems using all of those platforms before.

No matter which side of the fence you are on, practical experience trumps certs most days. There are a lot of Linux+ guys with little practical knowledge, just like there are many clueless MCSEs out there.

Personally, I am a competent Linux/Unix user, have been a JBoss/Apache/Tomcat/Java services/boundary(firewall, IPSEC tunnels, etc) admin on systems running on those platforms. I fully admit that when it comes to the actual OS itself I know the MS side much better than Linux, but I can still pull out a reference manual to help and work on the Linux side when I need to. I just have to do that more often on Linux than in the MS world where I have more OS admin experience.

Of course I started back in DOS 5 and have no fear of the command line. I'll admit that DOS 6.22 with Windows 3.11 for work groups was the most stable Windows OS MS ever made, followed by fully patched NT 3.5-4 (unfortunately when NT bit the dust it crashed hard, just not often). Thankfully through Power Shell, MS has started to make the command line more familiar to more so called Windows "admins" again.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users