5 replies to this topic

#1 dr lao

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 278 posts
  • LocationWashington state

Posted 19 January 2016 - 06:30 PM

I really want to put together a set of dragons # 1 witch hero dragon out of the two Im not looking for speed I want good armor and low heat id like to make a dragon that can protect the assaults out of the 2 + years playing I have never seen a dragon be the last player alive in a match id like to change that .
Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 06:53 PM

Not necessarily the last ones alive but two Dragons certainly not dead at the end of the battle.

Just a thought that might help.

#3 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 19 January 2016 - 07:04 PM

Dragon's are primarily striker mechs, designed to hit and run, or flank an enemy. They don't tank every well, being a 60 ton mech (barely in the heavy department). Their hit boxes, even though they are better now, also don't support tanking very much.

However, to answer your specific question: Any Dragon can be slowed down from additional weapons/armor. It's normally recommended though to maintain speed in the mech, while packing what you can for an attack. In theory, you should be maxing or near maxing armor anyway, so you aren't going to make it any more "tanky" than it already is, besides maybe with a Standard engine.

#4 PaxMacharia

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 02:14 PM

Had matches where Dragons lived to tell the tale but those allways used long ranged weapons and xl engines to move as fast as possible and used Guerilla tactics (so not tanky, but rather fast with heavy punch, guess "float like a butterfly sting like a bee" describes it well)

#5 epikt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 01:51 AM

I'll be honest here, at the moment Dragons are in a bad spot: hitboxes are bad as always (I actually prefered the old ones), neither hero has good quirks (there a good reason why we don't see them anymore)(last time I saw them, one month ago maybe, their pilots were running the pair and probably thought "let have fun" rather than "lets kick *** with good mechs"), the 1N has been massively nerfed to a point it's not even fun, the 5N still has this stupid UAC quirk. There's actually only the 1C that is nice, but not really a Dragon since its strength is the lasers. So...

Here are some propositions :

Dragon-1C: XL350, 4 ERLLAs; fast and a pretty nice laser poker (-20% laser duration), you can run with one less DHS if you're not comfortable with the weak armor.
Dragon-1N : XL300, 2 AC/5, 1 LPLas (munition count might need tweaking); used to be monstrous, now it's just only half decent and no one bother to call it primary target anymore, even with a pulse laser instead of the usual ER...
Dragon-5N : XL280, 1 UAC/5, 2 AC/2, 2 MLas; slow, too slow, but can deliver some damage and has a good dakka feeling.
Fang : XL300, AC/10, 3 LLas; or XL320, AC/10, 2 LPLas;
Flame: STD300, AC/20, 4 MLas; wannabe Hunchback...

My advice would be to buy the standard variants first, and only buy the heros if you absolutely love the mech.

Edited by epikt, 08 February 2016 - 01:52 AM.

#6 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 08 February 2016 - 09:58 AM

If it helps any, my Dragon build I run. Been a while since I range it (I mastered it and moved on, because I like goals).

The ancient version my new build was based off of (because quirks made the AC5 shoot as fast with no jam chance as an UAC5, and the ERLL now shoots as cool as the LL, and BAP canceled out ECM).

Either version has the same role:
- Play with the light mechs. Give them a chase away from the team, then regroup with the team.
- Flank. Strike and fade.
- Don't stand still.
- When fading, try to keep the enemy in the very corner of your screen (arm lock turned off). This makes you a little harder to hit, but you also have to know where you are going too...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users