33 replies to this topic

#1 MechB Kotare

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 720 posts
  • LocationHuntress

Posted 20 January 2016 - 10:59 AM

This is by far my first topic i've ever made in 4 years of playing this game.

Thoughout this whole time, i've been complaining about certain things numerous times, i dont deny that. Complaining about your "balance" solutions, bad map designs, lack of nostalgic feeling when comparing this Mechwarrior game to previous ones.

Game looked to me like its shapeshifting into a more arcade version.

Im sick of reading noobs and F2P steam users moaning, because this game forces them to use brain, and disallowes them to brainlessly shoot and kill stuff. Sadly, it is a reason, why brainless FPS shooters are so adored on new age market by majority of players.

Please, dont let arcaders and steam users, that know nothing of Mechwarrior's dogma in all its purest magnificence ruin positive direction of MWO's developement. Please dont let all those years of waiting for proper and solid MW sequel to go in vain.

-----------------------

I grew sick of reading hatefull, noobish, inexperienced and ret***ed topics about how this new map sucks, and needs to go. It is exacly this parasitic/toxic reaction of people who would like nothing more than having this game in a form of boring Brainless FPS arcade gameplay, where 24 mechs meet in a giant Short range deathmatch on small maps, that im speaking up against.

To balance things out, i'll get straight to the point.

"I love the new map." And i honestly thank you for it.

It brings so much nostalgy and nostalgic MW experience into this game, its not even possible. Never before i enjoyed playing your game as much as i did yesterday when playing few matches on Polar Highlands, and i've been playing this game nonstop for years now, as a strong battletech and Mechwarrior fan.

Please, dont listen to people that are unable to use cover. PLease dont listen to people unable to willingly learn to use cover. These people know nothing but brainlessly run straight to the enemy and shoot. They dont know how much was (is) Mechwarrior franchise about positioning, situational awareness, enviromental awareness and caution.

I've encountered plenty of (LRM) teams, either in a brawler or a long range direct fire supporter, and i've never encountered a situation when i couldnt slip by, using small, cleverly designed low grounded passages, to get closer and rock the 'sheet' out of them. As an experienced player, i can honestly say, that this map doesnt patronize any specific play style in my eyes, and in my honest opinion.

Please, i beg you. Can we get more of maps like these? And if we do, can we finally get some sort of terrain control mode, with some capturable bases turrets and some walls? I think maps like these literally scream for those.

Can you revive mechwarrior franchise in its purest form and magnificence?

Thank you, for your time and efforts you put into this game.

Kerensky's blessings upon you all (especially Iglesias - im your bestest fan in the history of forever),

-----------------------------------

@All noobies, arcaders, unadaptable steam users a CoD w4nk3r5.

LRMs are not OP. I've been around a little longer than you. They are fun weapon system, but unless you spamm them (4x LRM 15s, 5x LRM10s etc etc...) they have no competitional value comparing to lasers, srms and ballistics. And even if you do spamm them, better player will find his cover, or a way how to break the line of sight with LRMer.

You dont like when your screens shakes do you? You find it annoying right? it prevents you from brainlessly seeking out enemy to shoot? You dont like the idea of staying behind cover for a while do you? Buhuhuhuu QQ thats too bad. Welcome to mechwarrior. You cry about being hit by LRMs, yet you are so desperately unwilling to mount AMS, to watch for UAVs, to take ECM mech, to run once being narced (or shut down, that also works) or just to break line of sight with enemy spotters? Pretty pathetic, if not re****ed.

You want to use brawler on such a map? Map itself provides enough possibilities how to get closer undetected and those who say it doesnt either dont try enough, or dont want to try enough. And that is your problem. L2p.

----------------------

Randoms (just my honest opinions):

1, Narc should have shorter range or duration fuctionality (on PHigh. the combination of narc and LRMs can be vital <- [situational])
2, LRMs should get damage increase, in exchange of longer cooldowns (preventing them from being spammed)

Any other idea how to be able to get rid of Narc sooner, would be welcome, otherwise noobs will never stop crying about LRMs and Polar Highlands.

Thanks for your time.

PS: "Im not native english speaker, so i apologies for my grammar, and sentence construction capabilities in advance."

PPS: "Im not gonna bother responding/reacting to noobies. Display your tier or stats showing you have some time spent playing this game, so i know for sure that you know what are you actually talking about. That is ofc if you want my attention."

Edited by MechB Kotare, 20 January 2016 - 12:54 PM.

#2 JesterMWO

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 93 posts
  • LocationFife, Scotland

Posted 20 January 2016 - 11:17 AM

I agree what you say about the new map, however, I have issues with how you refer to Steam users in such a negative way. Steam users are no better or worse than any other players, just because they use Steam does not mean they are bad players or all behave in the same way.

Edited by JesterMWO, 20 January 2016 - 11:21 AM.

#3 MarineTech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 2,969 posts
  • LocationRunning rampant in K-Town

Posted 20 January 2016 - 11:27 AM

Posted Image

#4 MechB Kotare

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 720 posts
  • LocationHuntress

Posted 20 January 2016 - 11:28 AM

View PostJesterMWO, on 20 January 2016 - 11:17 AM, said:

I agree what you say about the new map, however, I have issues with how you refer to Steam users in such a negative way. Steam users are no better or worse than any other players, just because they use Steam does not mean they are bad players or all behave in the same way.

Failure in my interpretation. By steam players i meant more like a specific player base that arived upon steam release. i'm not nessesarily reffering to players, who already played this game, and now just use steam as a launcher. Apologies.

Edited by MechB Kotare, 20 January 2016 - 11:31 AM.

#5 SilentWolff

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 2,174 posts
  • LocationNew Las Vegas

Posted 20 January 2016 - 11:30 AM

http://Posted Image

#6 sk1dz

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 11:32 AM

Thank you for your constructive, non-offensive and in no way generalizing post. Someone may think you are a fine example of the veteran population in this game. I hope thats not the case.

Sincerely

a Noobie and SteamScum

#7 Tyler Valentine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Corporal
  • 1,472 posts
  • LocationChandler, Arizona

Posted 20 January 2016 - 11:45 AM

View Postsk1dz, on 20 January 2016 - 11:32 AM, said:

Thank you for your constructive, non-offensive and in no way generalizing post. Someone may think you are a fine example of the veteran population in this game. I hope thats not the case.

Sincerely

a Noobie and SteamScum

Not always Posted Image

Welcome to MWO

#8 MechB Kotare

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 720 posts
  • LocationHuntress

Posted 20 January 2016 - 11:48 AM

Sincerely

a Noobie and SteamScum

Do you consider yourself unadaptable? In that case, rest assured i meant every single word. I dont consider myself, elite, veteran. And i certainly dont have a need to be liked on virtual web site. I dont care about likes, and in general i dont care about anyone's opinion.

With one post, you are barely one of those i hold such a large satiety against, but hey, feel free to take it personally. Couldnt really care less.

#9 JesterMWO

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 93 posts
  • LocationFife, Scotland

Posted 20 January 2016 - 12:05 PM

View PostMechB Kotare, on 20 January 2016 - 11:28 AM, said:

Failure in my interpretation. By steam players i meant more like a specific player base that arived upon steam release. i'm not nessesarily reffering to players, who already played this game, and now just use steam as a launcher. Apologies.

You missed my point, Steam player base is varied. Just because a player discovers the game through Steam and becomes a active player does make them worse (or better) than anyone else.

You come across as saying new Steam players are all bad or all play a certain way. I do not believe that is the case.

#10 Revis Volek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 20 January 2016 - 12:08 PM

Sincerely

a Noobie and SteamScum

Welcome to the S%$t show noob.

#11 SilentWolff

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 2,174 posts
  • LocationNew Las Vegas

Posted 20 January 2016 - 12:12 PM

View PostMechB Kotare, on 20 January 2016 - 11:48 AM, said:

I dont consider myself, elite, veteran. And i certainly dont have a need to be liked on virtual web site. I dont care about likes

Yeah, but you are elite and a veteran. And your gonna take my likes mister and YOU'LL like it!

#12 Legion173

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 23 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 12:13 PM

Sincerely

a Noobie and SteamScum

Don't fall for the trap buddy. just let the salty dogs lie. you will find a lot of helpful players on here. A lot of veteran players will help you out. find a good group and drop with them.

#13 Revis Volek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 20 January 2016 - 12:14 PM

View PostSilentWolff, on 20 January 2016 - 12:12 PM, said:

Yeah, but you are elite and a veteran. And your gonna take my likes mister and YOU'LL like it!

Not trying to be a troll, just curious.

What makes someone en 'ELITE" at this game? Veteran is self explanatory but i dont know what the line is. When do you stop being meat and start being Leet?

#14 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 20 January 2016 - 12:15 PM

Posted Image

#15 Too Much Love

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 787 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 12:31 PM

Posted Image

#16 mogs01gt

• Shredder
  • 4,292 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 20 January 2016 - 12:36 PM

Not a steam player and have read most of the Battletech books....The new map sucks and will drive players further away due to LRM and Meta spam!

Edited by mogs01gt, 20 January 2016 - 12:36 PM.

#17 LastKhan

Defender of Star League

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,346 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationIn Dropship DogeCafe

Posted 20 January 2016 - 12:39 PM

I love the new map an i think its really beautiful at night. I want a remake of the MW2 Ghost bear cinematic when the Kodiak makes its way into this game.

Does it have some flaws yea and so do most maps. I would say make some trenches a bit deeper.

They dont know how much was (is) Mechwarrior franchise about positioning, situational awareness, enviromental awareness and caution.

Indeed something people alot of times severely lack and somehow incapable to comprehend.

Edited by LastKhan, 20 January 2016 - 12:40 PM.

#18 MechB Kotare

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 720 posts
  • LocationHuntress

Posted 20 January 2016 - 12:47 PM

View PostJesterMWO, on 20 January 2016 - 12:05 PM, said:

You missed my point, Steam player base is varied. Just because a player discovers the game through Steam and becomes a active player does make them worse (or better) than anyone else.

You come across as saying new Steam players are all bad or all play a certain way. I do not believe that is the case.

Not really. Im trying to express my personal belief that steam release brought bunch of new players, who play the game for few days/weeks, realize they dont like something, and get a need to complain about it on forums like something that needs to be adressed/changed no matter what, before they actually try playing the game how it should be played.

Lots of them simply complain sooner than they try. I blame steam release for that. Steam players who enjoy this game, and who have never complained about something here on forums dont have a reason to take my "steam players" refference personally. I clearly explained that im strongly and aggresively against those who complain before they try.

Edited by MechB Kotare, 20 January 2016 - 01:06 PM.

#19 MechB Kotare

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 720 posts
  • LocationHuntress

Posted 20 January 2016 - 12:51 PM

View PostRevis Volek, on 20 January 2016 - 12:14 PM, said:

Not trying to be a troll, just curious.

What makes someone en 'ELITE" at this game? Veteran is self explanatory but i dont know what the line is. When do you stop being meat and start being Leet?

Only my personal opinion.

Veteran - Experienced player who knows his way around in this game.
Elite - Veteran, perhaps even competitive, who can deal sufficient ammount of damage/kills/assists each match with each build (fun or serious) he plays. One doesnt have to be good player to be veteran.

#20 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,932 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 20 January 2016 - 12:53 PM

Some points that you need to understand:

1- PGI does not read the forums in any shape or form. Writing here is just wasting your time.

2- You are absolutely right about the new map. Its the first time i feel i'm playing a mechwarrior game. multiple approach vectors, lack of choke points, vastness of a great battlefield... its briliant. Unfortunately, the butthurts and trolls with x7, x8 multipliers do anything not to play on this great map.

3- There are times narc+lrms are just auto win. It is so critical that sometimes i felt bad for the enemy team. They could not do jack about it... they just died. I narc'd their ecms, and it was over.

I am strongly against nerfing narcs. Apart from that special case, it is too much tonnage investments for little to no rewards. Narcs are in a good place now.
LRMs have already been nerfed, their cooldown was increased across the board in december, as a balance to a non-existent spread reduction.

Edited by Navid A1, 20 January 2016 - 12:54 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users