#1 ReemusX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 299 posts
  • LocationMidwest USA

Posted 20 January 2016 - 07:26 PM

First time this has happened....

To begin... I drive a KGC with 114 center torso armor.

Stepped out in front of another KGC and a Raven I think and literally in 5-6 seconds I was ready for spectator mode.

My center torso was gone and my R/L torso were just barely scratched....

The "damaged by" list was super short. AC20 twice, ER PPC once, medium laser once and that was it.

By numbers added up that is half the damage of my armor numbers.... How did I drop so fast? It was like I didn't even have armor. Never been dropped so fast....so fast that I hadn't even stopped yet to reverse... This was first contact in the match (4mins into it after a LONG walk)

#2 Warblood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 503 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Qc, Cnd

Posted 20 January 2016 - 09:08 PM

did you have ammo in ur CT?

#3 Valdherre Tor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 363 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 09:55 PM

A screen shot would have been nice.

I would have to say something is not adding up, because on top of the 114 armor you had front loaded the king crab also has 62 structure and any components stored in the CT have at least a health of 10 including the engine.

So potentially your King crab should have popped around 186 or more dmg to the CT.

#4 TyphonCh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 1,074 posts
  • LocationDue North

Posted 20 January 2016 - 09:59 PM

If his armor was breached all it would take is a single AC20 to crit his engine and he'd be toast. It happens. Focus fire

#5 MoonUnitBeta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 20 January 2016 - 10:23 PM

New mini-game that was ghost added last patch is that any multipliers you have from the map-vote screen also applies to your damage.

#6 ReemusX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 299 posts
  • LocationMidwest USA

Posted 21 January 2016 - 04:44 AM

Yea I'll have to find the vid now for screen shot... Just got dropped again in a similar fashion but with a ton of dmg. Frozen City sometimes does that when you get left alone while the entire team chases down a Raven lol.

No ammo in center torso though.

#7 Davegt27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,010 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 21 January 2016 - 06:20 AM

Happens all the time one drop you’re a super Mech the next your Mech is crap and unusable

#8 ReemusX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 299 posts
  • LocationMidwest USA

Posted 21 January 2016 - 06:29 AM

Yes...been really taking a lot more damage than I remember. Had a 1vs.1 against a Cicada.... spread damage (I have a very good turn speed and makes it tough for them to get to back side) and I was cored on right and center torso before he dropped.... It is rare I take that much damage. It was a fun fight but those AC10s didn't seem to be doing enough lol.

#9 DivineEvil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 903 posts
  • LocationRussian Federation, Moscow

Posted 21 January 2016 - 06:40 AM

View PostReemusX, on 20 January 2016 - 07:26 PM, said:

Stepped out in front of another KGC and a Raven I think and literally in 5-6 seconds I was ready for spectator mode.

The "damaged by" list was super short. AC20 twice, ER PPC once, medium laser once and that was it.

By numbers added up that is half the damage of my armor numbers.... How did I drop so fast? It was like I didn't even have armor. Never been dropped so fast....so fast that I hadn't even stopped yet to reverse... This was first contact in the match (4mins into it after a LONG walk)

Damaged-By list shows the different sources of damage. It does not exactly shows how many hits have been taken. AC/20 mentioned there twice means there were two different mech firing at you with AC/20, but doe snot means you've taken two shots. So there might have been three-four different mechs firing at you in that instance. You could've taken an dual AC/20 and a PPC or two from another KGC and however Medium Lasers the Raven had. Maybe Raven have not been firing at you, but there were another mechs with lots and lots of Medium Lasers - it will still register as single Medium Laser entry.

Can't tell for sure without a video evidence. Either way, Damaged-by list is ok for knowing how many enemies you have confronted, and maybe what weapon has finished you, but it's not a precise description of how much of everything you've endured.

#10 ReemusX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 299 posts
  • LocationMidwest USA

Posted 21 January 2016 - 06:53 AM

Yea something is nuts here.... My KGC is getting dropped within seconds almost every match. I keep checking to make sure I'm not playing in that Cicada.... My center torso seems to take all the dmg no matter which way I try to turn to spread dmg. Unless it is just one of those days.... It doesn't matter what I come across or if it is 1 or 3... I am dropped within seconds as if I started the match without armor. It's crazy.

If this keeps up I will be the first Tier6 player in MWO... My Tier 5 bar hasn't moved since I started the game 3-4 weeks ago..... Even with a HUGE run of wins and lots of assists, kills, etc.... It is a slow mover haha..

Edited by ReemusX, 21 January 2016 - 06:56 AM.

#11 Tombstoner

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,193 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 06:58 AM

View PostReemusX, on 21 January 2016 - 06:53 AM, said:

Yea something is nuts here.... My KGC is getting dropped within seconds almost every match. I keep checking to make sure I'm not playing in that Cicada.... My center torso seems to take all the dmg no matter which way I try to turn to spread dmg. Unless it is just one of those days.... It doesn't matter what I come across or if it is 1 or 3... I am dropped within seconds as if I started the match without armor. It's crazy.

If this keeps up I will be the first Tier6 player in MWO... My Tier 5 bar hasn't moved since I started the game 3-4 weeks ago..... Even with a HUGE run of wins and lots of assists, kills, etc.... It is a slow mover haha..

I wonder if HSR has a bug and people are taking double hits. Each shot might register as a single hit but count as two.

#12 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 21 January 2016 - 07:00 AM

View PostReemusX, on 21 January 2016 - 06:53 AM, said:

Don't worry. First couple of months are always a tough learning phase, where your WLR is dismal and you seem to die without doing much. Gradually you will become a better player. Just hang on til then.

#13 ReemusX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 299 posts
  • LocationMidwest USA

Posted 21 January 2016 - 07:20 AM

I will say one thing ... Other KGC in team and even enemies are dying a lot faster. It usually takes me forever to kill another King with my laser setup....now they are taking it like crazy.

#14 Christof Romulus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 898 posts
  • LocationAS7-D(F), GRF-1N(P)

Posted 21 January 2016 - 09:30 AM

View PostReemusX, on 20 January 2016 - 07:26 PM, said:

So, assuming 6 seconds it means that all of those weapons can fire twice - 80 damage from a couple of ac 20's, 20 damage from an ERPPC, and 10 damage from a medium laser - and that's assuming that you weren't taking damage from another source. It's reasonable - the King Crab brings a lot of firepower, so it's a large flat barn door target.

#15 Lukoi Banacek

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 09:44 AM

View PostReemusX, on 21 January 2016 - 07:20 AM, said:

I will say one thing ... Other KGC in team and even enemies are dying a lot faster. It usually takes me forever to kill another King with my laser setup....now they are taking it like crazy.

Did you go up a tier recently? Better competition knows how, where, when to shoot better as you go up typically (at this point in PSR history, as eventually most of thr population will eventually crest into tier one simply by grinding out little improvements over time like an experience bar).

So you might be facing opponents who know how to core the KGC out without wasting shots that will splash your ST more. Practice that torso twist!

#16 XtremWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 551 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 21 January 2016 - 11:24 AM

View PostDivineEvil, on 21 January 2016 - 06:40 AM, said:

Damaged-By list shows the different sources of damage. It does not exactly shows how many hits have been taken. AC/20 mentioned there twice means there were two different mech firing at you with AC/20, but doe snot means you've taken two shots. So there might have been three-four different mechs firing at you in that instance. You could've taken an dual AC/20 and a PPC or two from another KGC and however Medium Lasers the Raven had. Maybe Raven have not been firing at you, but there were another mechs with lots and lots of Medium Lasers - it will still register as single Medium Laser entry.

This.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users