Frr Hub 1K/2K/3K/4K/5K Rules And Regulation

40 replies to this topic

#21 Mahikan

• PipPipPip
  • The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 76 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 11:46 AM

Yeah, he found that out after talking to me on team speak.

I spoke to him directly. It was just confusing because further up it's mentioned that guest's or MERC units would be allowed to post. That plus there was no information telling you that a guest can't post and alot of confusion added by community members.

All in all it's fixed.

#22 Padre Balistique

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 76 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 03:49 PM

So you have to be in a unit that has an official presence on the FRR Hub to post the images and get a badge.

Ah well

#23 Sjorpha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,472 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 07 February 2016 - 07:17 PM

View PostPadre Balistique, on 07 February 2016 - 03:49 PM, said:

So you have to be in a unit that has an official presence on the FRR Hub to post the images and get a badge.

Ah well

Seems like a reasonable enough condition for FRR hub specific badges, right?

#24 Padre Balistique

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 76 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 07:38 PM

View PostSjorpha, on 07 February 2016 - 07:17 PM, said:

Seems like a reasonable enough condition for FRR hub specific badges, right?

Well, its the hub for FRR coordination to.

But what makes FRR Hub awesome is the people I drop with, not a tiny badge. Hence the ah well instead of a string of vulgarities :P

#25 Sjorpha

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,472 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 07 February 2016 - 07:49 PM

View PostPadre Balistique, on 07 February 2016 - 07:38 PM, said:

But what makes FRR Hub awesome is the people I drop with, not a tiny badge. Hence the ah well instead of a string of vulgarities Posted Image

"String of vulgarities", coming soon to a *** hub near you!

Starring: Ballistic Daddy and Maidens of the tiny shield.

Posted Image

Edited by Sjorpha, 07 February 2016 - 07:51 PM.

#26 Mahikan

• PipPipPip
  • The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 76 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 09:27 PM

View PostPadre Balistique, on 07 February 2016 - 03:49 PM, said:

Ah well

Technically you don't. Just message Ghoppa or an admin and they will throw it on for you. Granted I have been present in FRR CW.

Like I said it seemed that Pug/New/Merc units were suppose to be allowed to post, and it wasn't the case unless you were in a established known unit apart of FRR.

I wasn't complaining, there was just alot of confusion after reading this post, the tag's on the channels in team speak, and talking to community members.

I thought the system was a great feature and wanted to partake!

Edited by Lobo VVahya, 07 February 2016 - 09:27 PM.

#27 Windscape

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • 755 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 12:00 AM

was thinking about an idea for the 1k/2k/3k/4k/5k clubs. Some people were saying that you should require multple matches to have a badge to a certain club, so i was considering some different kinds of ranks

1K: 1st 1k score in CW
1KE (for elite, i guess) 10 1k damage scores
2K: 1st 2K damage score
2KE: 10 2K damage scores
3K: 1st 3K damage score
3KE: 5 3K damge scores
4K: 1st 4K damage score
4KE: 3 4K damage scores
5K: 1st 5K damage score
5KE: 2 5K damge scores

It can be adjusted lower or higher if needed, but i think it would be a great additonal badge to show what a person can do.

And you could run 2 badges at a time, for example, if you have scored 10 2K scores, and 1 3K score, you could have a 2KE and a 3K, so they are almost like an other ranking system. If you have 10 1K games and 10 2K games and no 3K games, your bage would be just 2K

an example
Player 1: 2KE, 3K ( 10 2k games and 1 3k)
User 1: 2KE ( 10 2k games and no 3k, but maybe 10 1k games as well

hope it isnt too confusing Posted Image

i was also considering adding a 1.5K rank, and if that would be considered, i would do some slight edits to my above ranking system:

1KE 10 1k scores
1.5KE 8 1.5K scores
2KE 6 2K scores
3Ke 4 3K scores
4Ke 2 4K scores

Edited by Windscape, 09 February 2016 - 12:02 AM.

#28 Scorpion Feet

• PipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 48 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 04:28 AM

Hey Lobo, glad I was able to help you out relatively quickly.

To address guests and modify powers. If guests could modify any channel, especially the damage channels, then there is a possibility for abuse there. Having to assign a unit tag or at least RKA tag, just elimiinates potential problems.

Now, as for your idea windscape. Nice idea to create a ton more work for everyone! lol. Not only would we need to create more icons, but the work in administrating triple the amount of tags, and multiple tags for each individual would become cumbersome and taxing.

On top of that, I'm really not sure what more than would achieve. The tags we use now give people a very rough idea of the skill level of the players in their group, it gives the individual players themselves something to strive for, and the admin required atm is about as minimal as it gets.

The one thing that may be worth considering is some .5 ranks for higher echelon players (ie 2.5 3.5 4.5). This however does pose some difficulty by making the writing in them to small and difficult to read, so probably not going to happen.

#29 Windscape

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • 755 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 08:29 PM

View PostGHoppa, on 09 February 2016 - 04:28 AM, said:

Now, as for your idea windscape. Nice idea to create a ton more work for everyone! lol. Not only would we need to create more icons, but the work in administrating triple the amount of tags, and multiple tags for each individual would become cumbersome and taxing.

On top of that, I'm really not sure what more than would achieve. The tags we use now give people a very rough idea of the skill level of the players in their group, it gives the individual players themselves something to strive for, and the admin required atm is about as minimal as it gets.

The one thing that may be worth considering is some .5 ranks for higher echelon players (ie 2.5 3.5 4.5). This however does pose some difficulty by making the writing in them to small and difficult to read, so probably not going to happen.

thanks for your input! I posted my previous post kinda late so i didn't really think abound how hard it would be to add all those ranks Posted Image Would it be possible to make the badge bigger to add the .5 ranks in ( if you got the time of course Posted Image)

Edited by Windscape, 09 February 2016 - 08:30 PM.

#30 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 09 February 2016 - 09:19 PM

View PostWindscape, on 09 February 2016 - 08:29 PM, said:

thanks for your input! I posted my previous post kinda late so i didn't really think abound how hard it would be to add all those ranks Posted Image Would it be possible to make the badge bigger to add the .5 ranks in ( if you got the time of course Posted Image)

I made the little tags. And no, you can't make those graphics larger in TS, 16x16 is the limit. So it would look kinda silly. [1K] [15] [2K] [25] etc. Could do it, totally feasible, but I'm with GHoppa - it's a bit more work to administrate for the people who are taking care of the tag assignments and checking legitimacy, etc, ... which is almost exclusively Hoppa atm.

#31 _demir

• PipPip
  • Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 33 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 08:41 PM

Requesting 3k tag:

http://imgur.com/qfVXyfv

http://imgur.com/vEwrWZG

I did recently name change from demir to Dimwit Felhard. Let me know if there's any issue. You can check this thread for proof :of the name change. Also posted in the rooms of proof and requesting tags a few days back.

http://mwomercs.com/...a-new-frr-unit/

Thanks!

Edited by Dimwit Felhard, 07 March 2016 - 08:48 PM.

#32 nehebkau

• 3,386 posts
  • LocationIn a water-rights dispute with a Beaver

Posted 14 March 2016 - 09:19 AM

So if the tags are to gauge pilot skills then why are scores done while on a mech-bay tour excluded? Posted Image

View Postsycocys, on 14 March 2016 - 09:40 AM, said:

Does a 1k badge really require a screenshot? Most players should be able to do that with their eyes closed.

That sounds like a challenge.

Edited by nehebkau, 14 March 2016 - 10:13 AM.

#33 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 09:40 AM

Does a 1k badge really require a screenshot? Most players should be able to do that with their eyes closed.

#34 Sjorpha

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,472 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 14 March 2016 - 03:25 PM

View Postsycocys, on 14 March 2016 - 09:40 AM, said:

If you think about it a little more, that is in itself a good reason for the requirement.

#35 Michal R

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 428 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 15 March 2016 - 01:05 PM

Can I get my 4k:
http://imgur.com/tAzgDv3

Do you have something special for 20 or more kills in CW?

Edited by Michal R, 15 March 2016 - 01:06 PM.

#36 Tarogato

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 15 March 2016 - 05:20 PM

View PostMichal R, on 15 March 2016 - 01:05 PM, said:

Can I get my 4k:
http://imgur.com/tAzgDv3

Do you have something special for 20 or more kills in CW?

I believe in order to get a damage tag your name must be visible in the screenshot (so yours doesn't count). Otherwise there is no way to verify that the screenshot is of you or played on IS mechs. Once you have a proper screenshot, you put it in the 4k proofs channel of TS below everybody elses and put your name in the "Requesting damage tags" channel as well.

Edited by Tarogato, 15 March 2016 - 05:20 PM.

#37 Michal R

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 428 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 16 March 2016 - 04:33 AM

I have one ;) Thx for help Tarogato ;)

#38 InsaneRotta

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 104 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationInside a cheap barely functioning dropship.

Posted 05 July 2016 - 12:43 PM

The 2K tag request channel description is full. In other words, the character limit is reached, I can edit and add my name, but the picture link wont fit.

Here's my 2K proof if anyone would be so kind to add me my tag. :)

P.S. I've had my Stormtrooper tag waiting for at least three months, but I guess it's not relevant anymore.

#39 Virlutris

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,443 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationVery likely goofing off in a match near you.

Posted 05 July 2016 - 12:54 PM

View PostInsaneRotta, on 05 July 2016 - 12:43 PM, said:

The 2K tag request channel description is full. In other words, the character limit is reached, I can edit and add my name, but the picture link wont fit.

Here's my 2K proof if anyone would be so kind to add me my tag. :)

P.S. I've had my Stormtrooper tag waiting for at least three months, but I guess it's not relevant anymore.

I think there's a second 2K channel, for exactly the reason you described. Is the second ine full, too?

#40 InsaneRotta

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 104 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationInside a cheap barely functioning dropship.

Posted 05 July 2016 - 12:56 PM

View PostInsaneRotta, on 05 July 2016 - 12:43 PM, said:

Here's my 2K proof if anyone would be so kind to add me my tag. Posted Image

View PostVirlutris, on 05 July 2016 - 12:54 PM, said:

I think there's a second 2K channel, for exactly the reason you described. Is the second ine full, too?

Yeah, there's room in the second 2K channel. I dun goof. :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users