Hey! I never noticed Tony Stark has the RADAR from MW2 Posted Image

#22 Grimlox

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 511 posts
  • LocationBC, Canada

Posted 21 January 2016 - 11:45 AM

They just made a map where it is pretty stupidly easy to contribute very well with LRM's, LRM's with a decent spotter are more effective on Polar than any other map and if the trend of making this type of map that is larger and more open then I don't feel we need to make LRM's any better than they are now.

In addition we have the Archer coming soon which should be an incredibly effective LRM mech as long as the quirks line up to make it so.

Just adding the one map to the pool where LRM's are very effective can really get the quick match queue leaning in that direction... I don't think anything more needs to happen at this time to push it farther in that direction. I can generally get 300-800 dmg now without any spotter or teamwork.

I think the only thing that really needs to change at this point is giving better bonuses to spotters/counter ecm and focus on encouraging teamwork to make LRM's. The only problem with LRM's at this point is the teamwork required to make them a weapon to be feared and the maps that encourage fighting in the open.

#23 Novakaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 21 January 2016 - 12:01 PM

Strange I never have a problem using Lrms.
And LRM/5 are my favorite.
I would tell ya the secret, but then you'd be the boss also.
Just can't have that.

#24 Thunder Child

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 1,460 posts
  • LocationOn the other side of the rock now.

Posted 21 January 2016 - 12:04 PM

View PostGrimlox, on 21 January 2016 - 11:45 AM, said:

They just made a map where it is pretty stupidly easy to contribute very well with LRM's, LRM's with a decent spotter are more effective on Polar than any other map and if the trend of making this type of map that is larger and more open then I don't feel we need to make LRM's any better than they are now.

In addition we have the Archer coming soon which should be an incredibly effective LRM mech as long as the quirks line up to make it so.

Just adding the one map to the pool where LRM's are very effective can really get the quick match queue leaning in that direction... I don't think anything more needs to happen at this time to push it farther in that direction. I can generally get 300-800 dmg now without any spotter or teamwork.

I think the only thing that really needs to change at this point is giving better bonuses to spotters/counter ecm and focus on encouraging teamwork to make LRM's. The only problem with LRM's at this point is the teamwork required to make them a weapon to be feared and the maps that encourage fighting in the open.

Agreed. If this is the new map trend, then LRMs might be okay staying as is. Personally, I still think the larger launchers need some sort of buff to make them competitive with the 5 pack of DOOM. But if we start getting more traditional Battletech / Mechwarrior maps, LRMs might find a place.

Ideally, all new maps will use the Polar Highlands Design Aesthetics as the Quickplay queue, with Tourmaline and Alpine joining Polar.

Then we can have a smaller 8v8 or 4v4 Solaris queue for the Arena maps like Caustic, Bog, HPG, and Frozen.

#25 Wolfways

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 6,499 posts
  • LocationIn a shutdown overheated mech near you.

Posted 21 January 2016 - 12:13 PM

View Postadamts01, on 21 January 2016 - 06:41 AM, said:

and only give out 40/ton.

While I agree with you generally, I can't agree with this. Ammo based weapons already force people to carry too much tonnage in ammo, especially LRM's as much of the ammo is wasted.

#26 adamts01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • 3,417 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 21 January 2016 - 12:18 PM

View PostMannson, on 21 January 2016 - 10:22 AM, said:

I dunno, I have found LRMs VERY powerful weapon when I've adherred to the LURMING guide found in this very website.

View PostGrimlox, on 21 January 2016 - 11:45 AM, said:

I can generally get 300-800 dmg now without any spotter or teamwork.

View PostNovakaine, on 21 January 2016 - 12:01 PM, said:

Strange I never have a problem using Lrms.

I never said I had trouble with them. I picked up my first Mad Dog and have been wrecking face with a LRM45 and narc setup. Maybe I should have said "shift" instead of "buff." Instead of spray and pray LRMing, you'd only have a few salvos that would absolutely wreck when they hit. That way, you'd have to make sure your team is going to hold a lock, or you should have LOS so that you don't waste your precious missiles. And why make them more direct fire when absolutely every other weapon already covers that? But really, LRMs only work on out of position pugs and bad teams. They should require a little more skill, and be more powerful so that they might possibly compete with direct fire one day.

View PostWolfways, on 21 January 2016 - 12:13 PM, said:

While I agree with you generally, I can't agree with this. Ammo based weapons already force people to carry too much tonnage in ammo, especially LRM's as much of the ammo is wasted.
Because right now people just dump hundreds and hundreds of these weak missiles downrange willy nilly. I say make them powerful enough so that you don't have to boat the to be taken seriously, but that has to come at a cost, if they're buffed, the ammo count has to go down.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users