- - - - -

How To Use Ecm, Eccm And Scout

6 replies to this topic

#1 Percy Veer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 06:55 AM

It's not easy understanding ECM and ECCm and how to scout.

I post this video I made without any money making ideas.

I post this video so you can be a better mechwarrior.

#2 FlipOver

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 1,135 posts
  • LocationIsland Continent of Galicia, Poznan

Posted 21 January 2016 - 07:27 AM

Something we see over and over and over, is people going for ECM compatible mechs, fitting in ECM and not knowing when to counter.
Just one thing though, if you do not counter ECM against an ECM mech and lock it, YOU will see the red triangle filled up, but to everyone else, the only info they could possibly have is you and your ECM being disrupted.
So, for others to be able to see the target as well as you, the ECM must be changed to counter.
Also, due to lack of locks, most people get themselves (or worst, their teammates) in tough spots, so I only wish more people would know how to work with the basics of the game, even in T3 (or T2).

#3 Darkspart3n

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 41 posts
  • LocationThe Outer Rim

Posted 21 January 2016 - 07:51 AM

View PostFlipOver, on 21 January 2016 - 07:27 AM, said:

Something we see over and over and over, is people going for ECM compatible mechs, fitting in ECM and not knowing when to counter.
Just one thing though, if you do not counter ECM against an ECM mech and lock it, YOU will see the red triangle filled up, but to everyone else, the only info they could possibly have is you and your ECM being disrupted.
So, for others to be able to see the target as well as you, the ECM must be changed to counter.
Also, due to lack of locks, most people get themselves (or worst, their teammates) in tough spots, so I only wish more people would know how to work with the basics of the game, even in T3 (or T2).

I dont know if you can actually call counter ECM basics as the only indication in game of being able to do it is a one off tool-tip on the loading screens. So besides PSAs like this one most people dont even know it exists. I would put counter ECM into the same category as consumables as they are both not so much hidden but not highlighted in any meaningful way.

~Dark

#4 FlipOver

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 1,135 posts
  • LocationIsland Continent of Galicia, Poznan

Posted 21 January 2016 - 08:06 AM

View PostDarkspart3n, on 21 January 2016 - 07:51 AM, said:

I dont know if you can actually call counter ECM basics as the only indication in game of being able to do it is a one off tool-tip on the loading screens. So besides PSAs like this one most people dont even know it exists. I would put counter ECM into the same category as consumables as they are both not so much hidden but not highlighted in any meaningful way.

~Dark

I agree, but seeing people in T3 and T2 not knowing about it.. well... goes to show Tiers are just not right.

#5 Darkspart3n

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 41 posts
  • LocationThe Outer Rim

Posted 21 January 2016 - 08:15 AM

View PostFlipOver, on 21 January 2016 - 08:06 AM, said:

I agree, but seeing people in T3 and T2 not knowing about it.. well... goes to show Tiers are just not right.

Even new players can end up in T3 if they do well enough do to the new player seeding system and there are already many posts as to why the current rating system does not work so hopefully we get a change within the next year

#6 Percy Veer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 10:50 AM

Sorry for the outburst, but the video is to help people. Explaing how the game works. Not a battleground for people who think they know better.

Let the new people learn the easy way.

#7 mailin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 2,033 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 21 January 2016 - 01:47 PM

At 9:09 on the video you made what I consider to be a critical mistake as a light driver. You attacked a Timberwolf but didn't press R.

A scout should always, always, ALWAYS press R on their current target.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users