27 replies to this topic

#21 Aiden Skye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander II
  • Galaxy Commander II
  • 1,364 posts
  • LocationThe Rock

Posted 07 February 2016 - 08:24 PM

Wet cardboard for armor and super low slung hardpoints. Cant at all take a beating like the MDD in the Mechwarrior 4 Intro. Piloting that thing makes me MAD...dawg.

#22 Macksheen

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,166 posts
  • LocationNorth Cackalacky

Posted 07 February 2016 - 08:30 PM

I love Mad Dogs, but only keep 2 configured: Streakx36, SRM36

Play opportunistic - you're a glass splat-cannon.

#23 Eddison Trend

• PipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 30 posts
  • LocationAthens

Posted 08 February 2016 - 03:28 PM

hello Cryos mate

Everything you said about MD is true. The mech is fragile , but no more than the nova that i am mostly piloting. And if i learn one thing piloting all this time a mech as fragile as the nova , is that its only "protection" its its fire power...in simple words , "kill before you get killed". Unfortunately , MDD doesnt do as good managing lasers and energy weapons in general as the nova does (it doesnt have the quirks for it) . Thus i am gonna propose to you the build i am using in my ebon (brawler).

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...fd7d92700cf95f7

The trick in this build is to make 2 groups .

Group no1 the MPL+ uac20
Group no2 , alpha strike with all the weapons included . Notice that i added the uac20 in both groups . The reason is that due to its nature , the uac20 can fire twice . Thats a smart way to :

a)manage your heat better
b)extract more fire power from the same amount of weapons

Just remember to let 1 sec pass between firing group 1 and group 2 . That will allows uac20 to "breath" for a moment , degreasing the chances to jam singificaly . All and all , thats 28+52=80 dmg at least! (you can always keep firing group 1 or 2 , get more dmg till the uac20 jams eventualy.)

Personaly i prefer using uac's for dps cuz of their ability to shake enemies cockpit , screwing their aim abit and give me some better chances for survival . And from all uac's , i prefer the uac20 for a simple reason ....even if it jams , the jaming time is very close to its reloading time , so not much loss there (5 secs to 4.7secs if i am not very wrong) .
But since uac's are not so reliable , i back it up with a massive 3 x srm6 . The mpl addition , its purely out of experience . To my observations , ballistics berform a lil bit better when some energy weapons heat up the armor a lil bit.

I hope i gave you some ideas to work with....cheers :)

And sorry for my bad english , not my native language .

#24 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 08 February 2016 - 04:39 PM

Commando and Myth Lynx are the worst mechs in the game, with a handful of individual variants popping in to say Hi (Loyalty Wolverine, Spider 5V, Vindi 1X)

Though, without a doubt, the 25 tonners are the most shafted in the game, without adequate quirks.

#25 Stingray Productions

• 1,906 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 04:57 PM

I have 2 large pulse, 3 medium lasers on my mad dog. Certainly not a classic build, but I've had games up in the 700-800 dmg range. So I think the mad dog is great. I have only two complaints with it: It's stance is too high (needs to be lowered) and the side torsos are too easy a target to get blown off.

#26 Gabbatek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 173 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 01:42 PM

my mad dog is a lrm legend.

4 small laser
4 lrm 10
2 lrm 5

lrm 10 range and cooldown.

I can savage mechs chainfiring, i use it on c.w to support my team mates that are in close range combat / brawling

3 heat sinks, fill her up with 2000ish worth of ammo

#27 Dawnstealer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 24 February 2016 - 01:56 PM

The Mad Dog is one of two Clan mechs I have ever piloted. It was the Trial mech. It was locked, skilltree-wise. I did just fine.

#28 Hastur Azargo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 226 posts
  • LocationGloriana class battleship "Red Tear"

Posted 24 February 2016 - 02:55 PM

I've had understandable problems with MDD trying a variety of Energy/Ballistic builds. Those were hindered by very low arms, which necessitated exposure of the Doge's already fragile body. It's been bearable, but put too much stress on attention, since you constantly had to mind a variety of factors to make sure you're not getting shot at while engaging. And yes, it's one of those mechs that works under "if you're getting shot at, you did something wrong" idea.

That is, until I read a tabletop veteran mention that MMD's deployment in TT was something like "send all the meatshields in, and then use MDD to LRM everyone to death". At that point I realized a somewhat obvious truth, that Doge, despite its pods trying to fool you, is actually a missile support mech. So I loaded up LURMZ, and then she turned out to be a joyful mix between a LURM frontloader like AWS and a grounded but mobile platform like HBK-5J.

So yeah, its a specific style of play, but if you can adapt your mindset, you can make her work and shine.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users