Cw Players In Lobby

7 replies to this topic

#1 qS Sachiel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fallen
  • The Fallen
  • 373 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 08:17 PM

Is there any way to tell which systems are close to full on players, or more specifically, those taht aren't empty? I see there's the glowing systems that are 'hotspots or flashpoints' but i join them, and i'm the only one there for 5-10 minutes.

Is there any way to tell, or is the whole point that you gotta wait in a dropship farting about until 11 more fellows show up?

The update / alarm icon that XXX needs your support is useful, but would be great if I could thumb through lists of active and stocked systems within my faction's reach that I can join into directly.

:( MWO new UI is so un-necessarily difficult to navigate vs UI1/2.0

#2 Carl Vickers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 21 January 2016 - 08:32 PM

When you click on the faction button you see the sphere and on the right hand side there is a list of red planets for attack queue and blue for defense.

Look at the numbers next to them and divide by 12 to see what is close to filling up for the shortest wait time.

Bear in mind peeps can drop out of a waiting queue at any time. That should solve your problem.

#3 MechWarrior4023212

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 367 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Posted 21 January 2016 - 08:46 PM

Joining a unit will make the matching up quicker.

#4 qS Sachiel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fallen
  • The Fallen
  • 373 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 09:12 PM

View PostCarl, on 21 January 2016 - 08:32 PM, said:

When you click on the faction button you see the sphere and on the right hand side there is a list of red planets for attack queue and blue for defense.

Look at the numbers next to them and divide by 12 to see what is close to filling up for the shortest wait time.

Bear in mind peeps can drop out of a waiting queue at any time. That should solve your problem.

I see the atk/def part yeah. So divide all numbers by 12? Frequently yea, i see like 24/25 and there's nobody in that system queue.

#5 Carl Vickers

• The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 21 January 2016 - 09:31 PM

So 24/25 would equal 2 active matches and 1 person in the defensive queue. Prolly not the best one to pick.

On the other hand if you saw a queue with numbers along the lines of 22/24 that would mean the attack queue needs 2 more peeps to fill out a drop and there is a defensive team waiting.

#6 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 22 January 2016 - 12:11 AM

also if you click on a planet it will give you a number of bars, the bars represent how many groups of each size there are in the queue e,g, if there are 13 players in queue that could be an 11 player group and a 2 player group, you cannot make 12 out of those group sizes but if a solo player shows up that player would fill in the 12th spot with the 11 player team, meaning that would be a team formed then you are just waiting for the enemy.

#7 Prof RJ Gumby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 12:12 AM

View PostCarl, on 21 January 2016 - 09:31 PM, said:

So 24/25 would equal 2 active matches and 1 person in the defensive queue. Prolly not the best one to pick.
On the other hand if you saw a queue with numbers along the lines of 22/24 that would mean the attack queue needs 2 more peeps to fill out a drop and there is a defensive team waiting.

Yup. Every 12 people on BOTH sides means most probably that those 12+12 people are already in a match. One exception is if they're groups that don't fit one another, i.e. there can be 14 people waiting, one group of 10 and one group of 4 - no way to make a 12 people team here. But that's rare.

Few examples to clear things out, let's assume you've want to defend:
11vs10 - 11 enemies vs 10 of yours - just 3 people needed in total, 2 if you'll jump in, getting a match quickly almost guaranteed.

12vs11 - jump in! the enemy is waiting, while your side needs 1 man to go. Instadrop if you're quick enough.

12vs12 - 95% of the time they are already figting each other, so the queue is empty

12vs 14 - one game running, 2 people waiting for defense match. Won't be fast unless the match ends soon and attackers will jump to the queue again (you can see match time progression by looking at the semicircle of squares around the planet animation on the left. Each square symbolises one "piece" of the planet. Blue - belongs to defenders, red - conquered by the attackers. Pale quadrangle covering part of a square - a match. That pale thingy covers more and more of the square as the match timer goes, so if it covers more than a half of it, the match will probably end soon. If it's almost full - the match will surely end up in a moment.

12vs24 - 1 team vs 2 teams, so there is already a group of defenders that have no enemy to fight with. Low chance you'll get a match soon. Avoid planets where your side has more than 24 people more than the enemy - guaranteed looooooong waits.

60vs60, 72vs72, 84vs84 etc. - queue is almost empty, but there are many games running, some are surely almost over. Most probably won't be too long to get a match.

Edited by Prof RJ Gumby, 22 January 2016 - 12:15 AM.

#8 qS Sachiel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fallen
  • The Fallen
  • 373 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 06:19 AM

just tried entering a 22/24 and i was only one there Appolakia. Shouldn't that mean 11v12?

Was this a running match with a DC or something?
One more now receiving orders.... but im waiting, and confused still :S

edit:

few minutes, can't see the Info tab in top RHS any more, three more awaiting orders.

I feel I'm surely still doing it wrong....

ed2: facepalm. Quit lobby when there's 4 slots vacant, cancel just as all 4 fill and game loads, tells me it's cancelling, loads game...

Edited by qS Sachiel, 22 January 2016 - 07:57 AM.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users