Psr Ratings

14 replies to this topic

#1 buerckner

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 02:37 PM

I have searched and read heaps about PSR ratings, but mine doesn't seem to change.

5 wins in a row with good scores and psr upgrades to match but the bar on my screen doesn't move from between the E and R in teir 5.

I'm a founding member who hadn't played for ages(took 35 patches to get up to be able to play again)

How fast/how much does the PSR change with each "rating improved" match?

Getting a bit sick of either having good games where the team works and close matches to everyone else running off getting killed and I'm on my own at end vs 3-5 enemy

#2 Darkspart3n

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 41 posts
  • LocationThe Outer Rim

Posted 22 January 2016 - 02:41 PM

Worrying too much about your PSR is only going to stress you out, the actual amount of games i requires to move up a tier is very high (there are only 5 tiers so it cant be too easy). That being said winning the majority of your games and meeting that average match score (I do believe some others have found out what this number is but I don't have that information) will always move your score up. This is because there are two ways to raise your PSR and one way to lower it, so just keep doing what your doing and you should see some movement eventually.

~Dark

#3 Bilbo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 22 January 2016 - 03:34 PM

View PostDarkspart3n, on 22 January 2016 - 02:41 PM, said:

Worrying too much about your PSR is only going to stress you out, the actual amount of games i requires to move up a tier is very high (there are only 5 tiers so it cant be too easy). That being said winning the majority of your games and meeting that average match score (I do believe some others have found out what this number is but I don't have that information) will always move your score up. This is because there are two ways to raise your PSR and one way to lower it, so just keep doing what your doing and you should see some movement eventually.

~Dark

The break points delineated here seem accurate.

#4 Fobhopper

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crusader
  • The Crusader
  • 344 posts
  • LocationClan Nova Cat agent working for Davion

Posted 22 January 2016 - 04:06 PM

View Postbuerckner, on 22 January 2016 - 02:37 PM, said:

I have searched and read heaps about PSR ratings, but mine doesn't seem to change.

5 wins in a row with good scores and psr upgrades to match but the bar on my screen doesn't move from between the E and R in teir 5.

I'm a founding member who hadn't played for ages(took 35 patches to get up to be able to play again)

Getting a bit sick of either having good games where the team works and close matches to everyone else running off getting killed and I'm on my own at end vs 3-5 enemy

Not to make light of your situation, but honestly had a big laugh at this. You need consistent good games (not wins, but good plays). Do you know how long I have been in tier 3? 3 months. The game rewards your PSR for not just solo work, but the work you did to help the team. So even in a loss, you can still go up in psr, or at least not lose PSR (I have screenshots of games where the team lost, but I went up in PSR because I supported my team so well). Dont try to play the game like your John Rambo. Use things like UAV's, NARC's and Tag lasers. Call out enemy locations in voice chat. Hell its almost better if you just assist in the kill (not get the kill shot) than to try and focus someone down so that you can go 1:1 in your KDR for the match.

The game is a team based game, so play like you are trying to help your team instead of just trying to pad your 'damage done' counter. Otherwise you will be stuck in tier 5 for a very long time. I am midway through tier 3 (pretty much the hardest tier to get ahead in, because you are teamed up with and play against people who are tier 5 all the way up to tier 1). Focus less on your PSR and focus more on learning the maps, mechs and weapon systems. As your skill and understanding improves, so will your PSR.

#5 buerckner

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 04:15 PM

Thanks all, I'm not worried about the level in particular, just that the progress bar doesn't move at all.
I thought it might be a known bug or something.

#6 Bilbo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 22 January 2016 - 04:19 PM

View Postbuerckner, on 22 January 2016 - 04:15 PM, said:

Thanks all, I'm not worried about the level in particular, just that the progress bar doesn't move at all.

I've had nights where didn't move and nights where it moved a 1/4 inch or more. Took me more than a thousand matches to move from tier 4 to tier 2 without benefit of the acceleration new accounts get.

#7 Khereg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 919 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 22 January 2016 - 08:19 PM

View Postbuerckner, on 22 January 2016 - 02:37 PM, said:

I believe it typically takes a few hundred matches of consistently above-average performance to move through a tier and on to the next one. It's going to take a while.

#8 Not A Real RAbbi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationDeath to Aladeen Cafe

Posted 22 January 2016 - 09:28 PM

View Postbuerckner, on 22 January 2016 - 04:15 PM, said:

Had a FEW good matches today (maybe 6 or 8), and that's all I played in public. Moved across the bar one whole letter. I was pretty STOKED, really.

Progress is SLOW sometimes. I'm kinda surprised it hasn't treated you like a new player and made you a Tier 3 by now. Maybe that's been toned down. I have an alt that has been around since Nov/ 2012, and hadn't played it in a long time. Tier 5, and having similar issues. On the other hand, it means I have a pretty good KDR on that account, and that in a very low-DPS mech too. A little e-peen stroking.

It'll come. It's not a bug. Just play on, player!

And welcome back!

#9 buerckner

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 January 2016 - 02:20 AM

I think my account is the same, since been inactive for so long maybe I've got a very low PSR to start with.

I'll play till I get bored again, hopefully it takes a while as I love the MW universe!

#10 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 23 January 2016 - 03:45 AM

for a while I was screenshotting my PSR skill bar to see if it was really moving, on my 1080p monitor it seemed to move 2 or 3 pixels on an amazingly high scoring win, it usualy moves 1 pixel for an average scoring win or a bad loss, so if you have a bunch of average games it will maybe have moved 10 pixels during a few hours playing, assuming you are doing OK on a loss, that is the width of the R in tier on the exp bar.

the way to guarantee your score never goes down is to always do at least 500 damage (I know much easier said than done), as half of your damage is added directly to your score and I have never had a down arrow on a 250+ match score loss if you always do at least 500 damage you will keep going up.

damage is usualy the main contributor to match score, my high damage matches always get me a PSR XP increase where as my games where I am contributing in other ways and maybe making 200-300 damage will often result in a loss of PSR XP on a match loss

#11 XX Sulla XX

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 23 January 2016 - 04:07 AM

View PostKhereg, on 22 January 2016 - 08:19 PM, said:

I believe it typically takes a few hundred matches of consistently above-average performance to move through a tier and on to the next one. It's going to take a while.
Yes without the new player boost that should be about right. With really really good play I think 200ish games can get you through a tier.

#12 S 0 L E N Y A

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,031 posts
  • LocationWest Side

Posted 23 January 2016 - 04:04 PM

hot tip, the PSRs as they stand now dont really mean anything and in practice there is only two tiers.

#13 Spare Parts Bin

• Wild Dog
  • Wild Dog
  • 1,743 posts
  • LocationSearching alternate universes via temporal wormhole generator.

Posted 24 January 2016 - 08:55 PM

I have some evidence gleaned from playing over the last 3-5 weeks. Seems like winning is the most important part of PSR. I will post some examples as soon as possible as unfortunately I do not have the data here.

#14 p4r4g0n

• Knight Errant
  • 1,511 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 24 January 2016 - 08:59 PM

No need to reinvent the wheel. The OP in this thread has it pretty much locked down - http://mwomercs.com/...-as-best-i-can/

#15 Not A Real RAbbi

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationDeath to Aladeen Cafe

Posted 24 January 2016 - 09:22 PM

View Postp4r4g0n, on 24 January 2016 - 08:59 PM, said:

No need to reinvent the wheel. The OP in this thread has it pretty much locked down - http://mwomercs.com/...-as-best-i-can/

Yeah. While the actual break point scores were never released, nor was the data on the breadth of each tier, the scoring standards HAVE been. We've been able to pretty reliably account for the break points (save for a few outlying examples). Happy stuff.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users