6 replies to this topic

#1 ReemusX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 299 posts
  • LocationMidwest USA

Posted 22 January 2016 - 03:32 PM

How do you place the various orders once you take lance/team command?

Can't seem to get anything but a yellow circle no matter what I do....

#2 Darkspart3n

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 41 posts
  • LocationThe Outer Rim

Posted 22 January 2016 - 03:39 PM

Once in game you can press B to bring up the tactical map, from there your mouse will be able to click onto any spot you want. After that you will see Alpha, Beta, and Charlie, if you click on these they will bring up a list of 8 different symbols you can use to let your team/ lance know where you want them to go or where the enemy is. A word of warning though, you will NOT be able to move you mech at all, and your visibility past the tactical map is basically non-existent so use with caution.

~Dark

EDIT: There are actually only 6 commands with a small legend in the bottom left of the tactical menu
EDIT: You can still move in tactical view and even navigate yourself with the map

Edited by Darkspart3n, 22 January 2016 - 04:08 PM.

#3 Ingga Raokai

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 239 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 22 January 2016 - 03:44 PM

View PostDarkspart3n, on 22 January 2016 - 03:39 PM, said:

you will NOT be able to move you mech at all,

I thought it has been change to allow the player to make a turn and throttle/reverse (though we can't see anything, so not much to do).

Edited by Ingga Raokai, 22 January 2016 - 03:45 PM.

#4 Darkspart3n

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 41 posts
  • LocationThe Outer Rim

Posted 22 January 2016 - 04:07 PM

View PostIngga Raokai, on 22 January 2016 - 03:44 PM, said:

I thought it has been change to allow the player to make a turn and throttle/reverse (though we can't see anything, so not much to do).

Just checked in game and you are correct, I apologize for the mis-information Posted Image

#5 ReemusX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 299 posts
  • LocationMidwest USA

Posted 22 January 2016 - 04:17 PM

Got it thanks

Too bad lance decided to chase a light instead of where I put a hold order where flank ALWAYS seems to happen on V.Bog... Baddies bottleneck that spot and easy pickins' but Rambo mode always takes over lol. We lost 12-2 and had we assaults held off their assaults for a bit..... well... I didn't think the command feature gets used much for this reason...Just wanted to try it so I know

#6 Mannson

• PipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 39 posts

Posted 23 January 2016 - 02:10 AM

Still, using your own voice is much more effective commanding tool than awkwardly slapping those orders around..

Atleast two or three people will listen to you if you use mic!
Even typed up orders seem to be more likely followed than actual ingame order thing

#7 Omi_

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • 336 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Posted 23 January 2016 - 02:18 AM

I recommend not bothering with it - it's and old feature and VoIP effectively deprecates it.

Many people don't listen to orders from the battlegrid because it's pretty mechanically difficult to use and play at the same time. As such, it can be assumed that the person using it isn't watching where they're driving and will be making decisions based on a dated understanding of the battle. I recommend just using voice chat - it's simpler, offers more precise coordination and you'll perform better as a player by using it instead which will trickle down among the team.

PGI is currently working on a command wheel which should fill in the extra functionality that VoIP doesn't provide.

EDIT: Also, the little icons can only be given to each lance one-at-a-time, and don't give enough information about what's going on at any particular place. Match strategy tends to flow faster than anyone can update those little ticks.

Edited by Hornsby, 23 January 2016 - 02:20 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users