- - - - -

Help Mwo Wont Install Win10

Help Me Question

7 replies to this topic

#1 Spyfellow

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 23 January 2016 - 09:50 AM

Hello, I have a brand new install of Windows 10 and I am trying to install MWO and I am having a tough time. Please Help! My graphic card drivers are all up to date and it tells me that there are no windows updates to run. I believe it has to do with the fact that for some reason my computer is unable to install 2010 Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable properly. Can someone help me figure this out and track down the problem and potential fix?

I have tried installing MWO through Steam but it does not work either. It just repeats the VC Redistrbute phase repeatedly without launching the game or mwo launcher. The "Performing First Time Setup Installing Microsoft VC Redist Package" windows shows up for a minute or so and then disappears. It shows no errors.

Here is the log for the MWO fail
Spoiler

Here is the log for when it fails the 2010 Microsoft Visual C++ Redistribute x86
Spoiler

Edited by Spyfellow, 23 January 2016 - 09:57 AM.

#2 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 23 January 2016 - 11:42 AM

this is apparently the latest version, it may work
https://www.microsof...s.aspx?id=40784

#3 Spyfellow

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 23 January 2016 - 12:32 PM

No Luck, I already have both x64 and x86 versions of 2005, 2012, 2013, 2015 Redistributables.

When I try to install the 2008 version of Visual C++ it gives me the error of "Error 997. Overlapped I/O operation is in progress." Not sure if this is unrelated or not. But appears to be an issue as well.

Edited by Spyfellow, 23 January 2016 - 01:18 PM.

#4 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,712 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 23 January 2016 - 02:28 PM

First, have you done a full windows update, and rebooted the machine a few times to complete the updates?

Some of the issue is that your Win10 may not have been completely updated with all the windows updates. It may take a few updates to complete it.

Start Menu, Settings, Update& Security

FYI, the programs to be installed for the game are also located in the Steam folders. Three sub-folders, 4 programs. Once you are confident that Win10 has been completely updated.

Program Files (x86) \ Steam \ SteamApps \ common \ Mechwarrior Online \ _CommonRedist

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 23 January 2016 - 03:19 PM.

#5 Spyfellow

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 23 January 2016 - 04:23 PM

I have tried both suggestions above. I have installed the DirectX in the Steam folder, no problem. Rebooted the computer and tried to install the 2010 C++ no luck, still fails to install.

I have repeatedly checked for Windows Updates, it rarely shows an update that is to be downloaded. Does Windows 10 stage or stagger the updates so you don't receive them all at once? Does the 2010 version need a specific windows update that the newer versions of Visual C++ wouldn't and if so is there a way to force this update to be installed?

Edited by Spyfellow, 23 January 2016 - 04:24 PM.

#6 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,712 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 23 January 2016 - 05:49 PM

On updates, some updates have to be installed before others. If Win10 still has updates, not just the critical but also recommended. It has been awhile since I have done the the full Window 10 install, and currently on an advanced version 11102.

I did say there were 4 programs to install. You got the directx9c out of the way. Need to be more specific.

First, did you install the dotNetFx40_Full_x86_x64.exe?

Then do both C++ programs fail or just one of them, and if so, which one installed successfully and which one failed?

vcredist_x64.exe or vcredist_x86.exe ?

#7 mailin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 2,033 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 23 January 2016 - 06:40 PM

Did you uninstall C++ before trying to reinstall it? I had issues with C++ and MWO. I was tearing my hair out when this happened the first time. Finally in a fit of desperation I fully uninstalled C++ and then reinstalled the latest version, patched MWO and all was good. Later when I built my son a computer with a fresh install of Win 10 and MWO I had the same issue, uninstalled C++ and reinstalled and problem solved. When I bought a new laptop with Win 10 I was prepared and did the same when I got an error. It is a pain in butt, but it does work.

Good luck and let us know.

Edited by mailin, 23 January 2016 - 06:41 PM.

#8 Spyfellow

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 06:10 AM

View Postmailin, on 23 January 2016 - 06:40 PM, said:

Did you uninstall C++ before trying to reinstall it? I had issues with C++ and MWO. I was tearing my hair out when this happened the first time. Finally in a fit of desperation I fully uninstalled C++ and then reinstalled the latest version, patched MWO and all was good. Later when I built my son a computer with a fresh install of Win 10 and MWO I had the same issue, uninstalled C++ and reinstalled and problem solved. When I bought a new laptop with Win 10 I was prepared and did the same when I got an error. It is a pain in butt, but it does work.

Good luck and let us know.

This worked for me! Thanks everyone for the help! I uninstalled every version of C++ I had on my computer and installed the 2010 version no problem.

Edited by Spyfellow, 25 January 2016 - 06:11 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users