- - - - -

Module Slot Violation Question Plus Others

5 replies to this topic

#1 The Jerol

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 59 posts
  • LocationNorthern California (Inner Sphere)

Posted 23 January 2016 - 10:32 AM

Returning player here (having last played in 2013). On returning, my Ilya Muromets seems to have a module slot variation. I find the MechLab very confusing now. I have searched the forums and the prevailing answer seems to be that you must strip the mech, save it, then log back into the game and rebuild it. Is there no way to determine what the slot violation is, short of stripping the mech? Because that seems silly.

It's very confusing now configuring a mech. I checked out a build on Smurfy's for a Timber Wolf, for example, and it listed jump jets on a Prime version. I cannot see how to put these on in the MechLab -- they are not even listed under the Equipment tab. Perhaps they aren't allowed on the Timber Wolf and the Smurfy's build is dated?

My garage has several mechs in it I never bought (Thunderbolts, Shadow Hawks, etc) and is missing some that I did buy (Jagermechs, for example). Odd. Maybe I bought a package that I'm not remembering -- there's no record of it here.

Gauss Rifle firing mechanics are different. Are you expected to hold down the fire button until it turns green? Very odd mechanic, if that's the case and a big change from how it used to work.

Anyway, looking forward to giving it another try as I have heard some good things,

TJ

#2 Leone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 23 January 2016 - 10:45 AM

So, the timberwolf you saw prolly had omnipods from the TBR-S variant, which has locked jumpjets. It's the only way to get another Timby Variant to fly.

Now, as for the spare mechs you never bought, could be loyalty rewards that PGI throws at us form time to time. No idea what happened to your other mechs.

As for gauss, they felt it was a way to balance what is admittedly an awesome weapon system to the rest of em. Took me awhile to get the hang of it, but now I like the immersion it adds.

Lastly modules are in the loadout section, there' tabs with weaponry, equipment and modules are the far right tab. De-Equip the modules as the prolly changed module count or something since you last ran it.

Welcome back.

~Leone.

#3 Darkspart3n

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 41 posts
  • LocationThe Outer Rim

Posted 23 January 2016 - 10:49 AM

There should be a red or yellow flashing button you can press near the top left of the mech lab if there is a problem. For the jump jet question I don't believe you can put more jump jets onto a timber wolf as they are locked on what omnipod you attach so you may want to check the quirks, or this could be a instance where you are showing only the items in your inventory. For the extra mechs in your mech lab make sure you have the 'owned mechs' option selected so you do not see any of the trials, and if you have lost mechs you have purchased you can always contact support. As for the gauss rifle mechanics, those charge up times are in response to the old gauss/ppc spam builds of old and while do take some getting used too were a welcome change for most. Also as a side note you can only fire two gauss at a time now. Hopefully these answered some of your questions, and welcome back!

~Dark

#4 Spike Brave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 695 posts
  • LocationIn your base, killing your dudes

Posted 23 January 2016 - 10:59 AM

Welcome back! I've got a playlist of video that details the entire UI.

https://www.youtube....M5iZBc94hAMs8HD

If things still aren't clear after watching, let me know and I'll see if I can help out.

#5 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 23 January 2016 - 11:42 AM

You must have been gone a long time... :)

Gauss rifle, now has a charge up. You hold the button down, it charges, then once charged you have a second or two to fire it, or you have to recharge it again. I personally don't like the mechanic, and would much rather just have a longer recharge time verse the charge up thing.. (though i wouldn't mind what other people have said, Charge up, hold charge, and make it the weapon more vulnerable to crits)

Use the filters on the lab.. My guess is you are seeing trials, and not your own mechs. If anything is truly missing, contact support.

Your module issue, is because they changed modules, and now have weapon modules. My guess is you have a mech module in a weapon slot.. so yea, just strip the mech (lower right corner has a mech strip button, and just rebuild any violated mechs, the lab is pretty easy to use now.. basically it's smurfy with even more info.. (though smurfy does give DPS, and alpha numbers, something that is missing in the lab)

timbers, all have JJ's locked to torso parts.. just add that torso part with the JJ's if you want them.. I know the S has um, not sure if any others do or not.

Edited by JC Daxion, 23 January 2016 - 11:43 AM.

#6 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 23 January 2016 - 12:29 PM

for the Jumpjets on the Timber Wolf, in the Mechlab go to the omnipods tab, for Omnimechs (most Clan Mechs and none of the current IS Mechs) you can swap arms, side torsos, legs, and heads from another variant, or purchase the pods if you do not yet own the varient.

if an Omnimech can fit Jumpjets they are locked, as in cannot be removed, most Omnimech Chassis with Jumpjets have them on all varients so you cannot choose to fit them, however the Kit Fox, Timber Wolf and Dire Wolf each have 1 chassis which has them, thus any variant of those 3 Mechs can fit Jumpjets by fitting the relevant Omnipod (S torsos in the case of the Timber Wolf)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users