- - - - -

Need Advice For Planning

3 replies to this topic

#1 Niegan

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 11:35 AM

Hello, I started playing last week and took profit of the premium week I had in mail to farm 46 millions credits. I've only played with trials until there mainly catapult A1 and the Ebon Jag.

I would like to start CW but I don't know where to start ? Should I go tour for mechbays then buy mechs ? How does faction switch work ? Which mechs to buy ?

Also I went to see the CW map and I saw that clan territories are so small compared to the IS, is there a reason for that ?

I got 17k GXP too, should I go unlock radar deprivation first ? Then what next?

Thanks for help.

#2 Leone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 26 January 2016 - 11:59 AM

Consider your own needs before unlocking any modules. Some people love radar deprivation for losing missile locks and better skirmishing, others feel it's unnecessary. Me, I'd save the Cbills for mechs until you've got six, two chassis three mechs deep. My personal module preference is Seismic Sensors for better map awareness, but that is just me, you might benefit from something else.

Faction switching is easy, once your contract's up, your back to being factionless. If you wanna switch early, you pay to leave, (something like 50K cbills a day) and then hafta wait two~three days afore your altered contract is up. Early on I suggest one week tours. Afterwards, once you've spare cash, I suggest permanent tours cuz you get loyalty points faster, and just suck up the 1 million Cbill cost to leave.

Clan territories start small. Technically they are invading from further north. Go ahead an look, there're more planets there, they just aren't conquerable yet. Early on there was a concerted push from the Free Rasalhauge Republic to push the Clans back, forcing every clan but Jade Falcons back to their staging grounds.

As for mechs, I'd like a full paragraph, if not a full thesis on your playstyle, weapons preference, speed preference, desire for jumpjets an ECM before I make any suggestions. We've a plethora of mechs available, an I don't even know if I should be suggesting Clan or Inner Sphere tech. (Hint, if you go Clan, you can only take clan mechs. Inner Sphere mechs for Inner Sphere factions.) There're are't really many bad mechs, just mechs better at certain things.

~Leone.

Edited by Leone, 26 January 2016 - 02:30 PM.

#3 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 12:02 PM

well first off. Do you wan't to go clan or IS? Both those mechs i think were LRM/SRM based, and heavies, but Personally i think there are better mechs to do missiles off of for both sides at least for the CW. 50 and 55 ton IS mechs have some nice options. Clan side the stormcrow.. (ebon jag though is a mech that people do like in CW, let some more familar with it talk about it more.

You also have to ask yourself if you want to use lasers, or ballistics, as that will change other options in your drop deck.

You are really going to want to make another 50m-100m to have enough to get all 4 mechs in your deck outfitted and leveled up before you start playing CW

to make a long story short, you are most likely going to want 9-12 total mechs, so you can level 3 each to master.. then set them up how you want, and add modules, at least seismic for the most part, though many run both seismic and radar dep.. then another 1-3 weapon modules depending on the mech..

MC wise, i'd pick up 5-8 bays, depending on if you want to go with 3 or 4 mechs.. Though if you did pick Clan side, you could really get away with just 6 mechs to start with., If the tonnage drops, you would need to add a lighter mech.

Personally i say unlock seismic first, unless you ear having lots of trouble with LRM's, So decide which you are having more issues with, LRM spam, or people surprising you around corners, or from behind/side ect.

#4 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 26 January 2016 - 02:10 PM

you can get a decent dropdeck with just 1 chassis using Medium or 60/65 ton Heavy Mechs, it would not be great but probably better than trial Mechs, however as the others have said we need more information to do more than guess and what you might like/be good with.

some questions that need answering include:
why did you like or hate each trial Mech (the more Mechs you can report on the better)
why did you like or hate each weapon you have tried (the more the better)
what is your preference for speed, agility, Jump Jets, ECM
do you want to get close and brawl, sit back and shoot from long range, harass, or fill a variety of roles.
do you have any preference for Clan or Inner Sphere, it would be most effective to start with one side then work on the other only after the first side is setup properly

the more detailed the answer to the above questions and any further information you provide on your preferred play style the better answers we can give you about what should shoot you

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users