- - - - -

Game Exiting

14 replies to this topic

#1 ReadTheTermsOfUse

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 January 2016 - 12:19 PM

I just downloaded game from steam and when i run it, it shows black windowed screen adn then exits. Please help i need to play this game right now!!!Posted Image

#2 TheCaptainJZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,677 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 24 January 2016 - 12:21 PM

What are your system specs? Are there any errors?

#3 Mech42Ace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 917 posts

Posted 24 January 2016 - 12:32 PM

You may want to click the cog icon in the launcher, and select '32 Bit' it worked for me when I first installed the game after going on a hiatus for a year or so.

#4 ReadTheTermsOfUse

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 January 2016 - 04:37 PM

I've did everything, the specs can run from mid to high, force 32bit thingy in cog icon, restarting PC, running as admin... Nothing will run the game. The game just starts running in windowed mode showing nothing but black and then just exits and nothing happens!!! I've even downloaded the game through steam and tried even with normal launcher but nothing. Now I'm using normal launcher, not steam if that helps. I spent 6 hours to do this and nothing. Please help!!!

#5 mailin

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 2,033 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 24 January 2016 - 05:21 PM

Well, as CaptainJZ asked, what are your system specs? In order to troubleshoot we need to know what we're working with.

So, what type of processor, graphics card, ram, and OS would be a really good place to start. Also, do you have the latest graphics drivers?

#6 ReadTheTermsOfUse

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 12:14 AM

I have AMD Athlon 64x2 5200+ as CPU, Nvidia GeForcr 9600 GT 512MB as GPU, 4GB of DDR2 RAM (don't ask :/), Windows 7 32bit and all drivers are updated. I contacted technical support and I'm gonna try what they said to do. Hope my game starts running.

#7 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 25 January 2016 - 12:41 AM

View PostReadTheTermsOfUse, on 25 January 2016 - 12:14 AM, said:

I have AMD Athlon 64x2 5200+ as CPU, Nvidia GeForcr 9600 GT 512MB as GPU, 4GB of DDR2 RAM (don't ask :/), Windows 7 32bit and all drivers are updated. I contacted technical support and I'm gonna try what they said to do. Hope my game starts running.

most of your specs are right on the minimum specs for this game, and the 9.5 year old processor is 1/3 less powerful than the minimum spec CPU,

sorry but your system may not be powerful enough for MWO

http://mwomercs.com/...m-requirements/

Edited by Rogue Jedi, 25 January 2016 - 12:47 AM.

#8 ReadTheTermsOfUse

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 02:01 AM

Someone's outdated my friend. I've checked it and I can run it from mid to high settings. Do you even?

#9 Rushin Roulette

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 January 2016 - 03:15 AM

Id be surprised if you could run lower to mid settings without the game being unplayable. However the launcher not starting is a different problem to the system being unable to run the battle part of the game.

If you are running Win 10, then this may be a cause and solution to your problem;

http://mwomercs.com/...46#entry4973846

#10 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 05:32 AM

View PostRogue Jedi, on 25 January 2016 - 12:41 AM, said:

most of your specs are right on the minimum specs for this game, and the 9.5 year old processor is 1/3 less powerful than the minimum spec CPU,

sorry but your system may not be powerful enough for MWO

http://mwomercs.com/...m-requirements/

View PostReadTheTermsOfUse, on 25 January 2016 - 02:01 AM, said:

Someone's outdated my friend. I've checked it and I can run it from mid to high settings. Do you even?

I just checked 3 different sites and all list an Athlon II x2 which is 1/3 more powerful than your CPU, it is possible there is another site listing a lower spec CPU and it is possible that it will be playable on your CPU but that is significantly less powerful than the recommendation on the MechWarrior Online website.
Your GPU slightly less powerful than the listed 8800 and you only have 4GB of RAM, again the minimum (but as you have a 32bit OS you could not use more anyway) which is why I said your PC may not be powerful enough, it may be powerful enough to play but it does not meet minimum listed system requirements

Edited by Rogue Jedi, 25 January 2016 - 05:35 AM.

#11 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 05:44 AM

View PostReadTheTermsOfUse, on 24 January 2016 - 12:19 PM, said:

I just downloaded game from steam and when i run it, it shows black windowed screen adn then exits. Please help i need to play this game right now!!!Posted Image

sorry, just to clarify, does it do this when you click play, after you type in the username and password to login or when you click quick play ingame?

a while ago I had a problem when I would click on launch (now quick play) and if I was on the EU servers, NA servers worked fine, that resolved itself inside 48 hours but when it happened I would crash back to the Mechlab, after about a minute on a black screen, does that sound familiar? if so try selecting 1 server at a time and see if you can link to games on any of them.

if on Steam and you cannot even get to the login screen try from your steam library right click Mechwarrior online, properties, local files, verify integrity of game cache.

if using the MWO Client on the screen where you can click patch or play click on the cog, top right corner and run the MWO repair tool

Edited by Rogue Jedi, 25 January 2016 - 05:49 AM.

#12 ReadTheTermsOfUse

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 10:05 AM

Rouge Jedi, Nvidia geforce 9600 is more powerful than 8800(like you're saying that 960 is less powerful than 780, same thing here) and I have win 7 32 bit; On launcher when I click play, the game starts running but it's on windowed mode and it shows black. I cannot login nor anything and the game crashes after 1-10 seconds. Sorry if I was rude later I'm just so pissed off because the support people gave up on me without helping even a bit.

#13 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 02:28 PM

View PostReadTheTermsOfUse, on 26 January 2016 - 10:05 AM, said:

Rouge Jedi, Nvidia geforce 9600 is more powerful than 8800(like you're saying that 960 is less powerful than 780, same thing here) and I have win 7 32 bit; On launcher when I click play, the game starts running but it's on windowed mode and it shows black. I cannot login nor anything and the game crashes after 1-10 seconds. Sorry if I was rude later I'm just so pissed off because the support people gave up on me without helping even a bit.

sorry that support could not help but the minimum specs page I linked earlier does say "We're aware the game will run on some systems that are running on lower end specs but we can only offer minimal support in this situation." and like it or not your CPU is below minimum listed spec

with regards to the 8800 and 9600 they are comparable but the 8800 did perform a few percent better on most benchmarks I found hence I said slightly less powerful, the first number is the series, the second number is the position in the series, something 1 number higher on the first digit and 2 lower on the second usualy works out about the same.
If I am not certain on something like specs I do look them up and if you want I can provide links to back up my findings. I was trying to help you and was quoting the facts as far as I could find them.

sorry if my wording caused offense

#14 Vlad Striker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,414 posts
  • LocationOld Forest Colony

Posted 27 January 2016 - 11:33 AM

Do you have Win7 SP1? Did you try DX9?

#15 mailin

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 2,033 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 27 January 2016 - 09:37 PM

To the OP, I'm sorry but I really don't think you're going to be able to run this game with your current system. And to be honest, even if you can run it, your frame rate will be so low it will be all but completely unplayable.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users