Low Graphics Setting Wallhack Is Annoying.

25 replies to this topic

#1 ScoutMaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 204 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 02:25 PM

When you play on low graphics settings as I do, it gets really annoying when you shoot at someone in the distance because you can see through an object that doesn't display at that range because of your graphic settings. Yes, I can see through walls and it's a detriment.

Which of the graphics options is the one that decides at which range things appear? I need to fix that ****.

#2 Alan Davion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,333 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 02:26 PM

That's down to the LOD, or "Line of Draw", it's hard coded into the game itself and not something you can adjust I'm afraid.

#3 Revis Volek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 25 January 2016 - 02:32 PM

View PostAlan Davion, on 25 January 2016 - 02:26 PM, said:

That's down to the LOD, or "Line of Draw", it's hard coded into the game itself and not something you can adjust I'm afraid.

They need to increase the LOD distance at lower setting, not something we can control like Alan has stated.

#4 cSand

• 4,589 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh

Posted 25 January 2016 - 02:34 PM

Mm, I think "environment" is the one that controls that. I could be wrong though.

#5 Revis Volek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 25 January 2016 - 02:36 PM

View PostcSand, on 25 January 2016 - 02:34 PM, said:

Mm, I think "environment" is the one that controls that. I could be wrong though.

It does to an extent, at least on my rig. The LOD never really got better it just became more detailed when it did draw.

Granted i have not done a lot of testing lately and that was on my older rig with a older 2 GB 700 series card. Maybe things have changed? Sounds to me like they haven't though...

Edited by Revis Volek, 25 January 2016 - 02:38 PM.

#6 Captain Stiffy

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 02:41 PM

LOD = Level Of Detail

#7 cSand

• 4,589 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh

Posted 25 January 2016 - 02:44 PM

Well, you could do the ol' troubleshooter

Try raising each bar to max, until you find the one that lets you see the terrain Posted Image

Edited by cSand, 25 January 2016 - 02:50 PM.

#8 Cion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 750 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 03:58 PM

View PostScoutMaster, on 25 January 2016 - 02:25 PM, said:

When you play on low graphics settings as I do, it gets really annoying when you shoot at someone in the distance because you can see through an object that doesn't display at that range because of your graphic settings. Yes, I can see through walls and it's a detriment.

Which of the graphics options is the one that decides at which range things appear? I need to fix that ****.

so...are you talking about trees? (I'm not trolling). I mean, cause if you can see through a wall, and shoot, the shot still hits the wall and you take no damage. Yes it's lame they can even see you, but I think I'm missing something here.

#9 Alwrathandabout42ninjas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 04:31 PM

View PostScoutMaster, on 25 January 2016 - 02:25 PM, said:

Its terrible that comp groups like SJR use low settings so they can see through walls and spot your mech before you can even peek and you get erll sprayed in your face. Then you have to watch out for people using aimbot, and there are plenty of em out there. In the solo que its not too bad, but comp drops are a complete aimbot low settings joke at the moment. Its sad really I want this game to succeed, but until these issues are fixed esports is a pipe dream.

Theres a reason why esports games have tools to fight hack programs and everyone plays on the same/similar settings.

#10 Chuck Jager

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,031 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 06:16 PM

View PostAlwrath, on 25 January 2016 - 04:31 PM, said:

Its terrible that comp groups like SJR use low settings so they can see through walls and spot your mech before you can even peek and you get erll sprayed in your face. Then you have to watch out for people using aimbot, and there are plenty of em out there. In the solo que its not too bad, but comp drops are a complete aimbot low settings joke at the moment. Its sad really I want this game to succeed, but until these issues are fixed esports is a pipe dream.

Its called an advantage - that's why they are comp groups

There are others - like:
Using S button when turning - especially with slow mechs
Having the arm locks when non lrm torso weapon are fired
feathering jump jets to help speed when moving across certain terrain
Macroing weapon groups to avoid ghost heat
Using heat night vision on certain maps
Strafing the edges of terrain with a single laser then alpha to wall hack
Boating certain weapons and using alpha groups and then relocating for lower ttk versus mixed weapon loadouts

plus practicing and being a good player before being picked to be on a team
then playing with a group of players and having the discipline to play a certain way while in game.

Being dedicated to winning is just that. If folks feel that this interferes with a fun or casual play style, more power to them. They just need to realize they are going to loose more and their play style may still not be fun.

#11 Col Jaime Wolf

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,214 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 06:24 PM

View PostChuck Jager, on 25 January 2016 - 06:16 PM, said:

There are others - like:
Boating certain weapons and using alpha groups and then relocating for lower ttk versus mixed weapon loadouts

then playing with a group of players and having the discipline to play a certain way while in game.

Being dedicated to winning is just that. If folks feel that this interferes with a fun or casual play style, more power to them. They just need to realize they are going to loose more and their play style may still not be fun.

so what you are saying is.... comp groups suck the fun out of a game? because they want to win at all costs? and having fun is completely secondary to that, everyone else must suffer because of this "use every possible advantage in the sole pursuit of winning"?

sounds to me like comp groups have no business playing with normal plebs.

#12 Zibmo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • 488 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 06:38 PM

View PostChuck Jager, on 25 January 2016 - 06:16 PM, said:

There are others - like:

Ends justify the means. Cheating is only cheating if you lose?

What self-satisfied drivel.

#13 Chuck Jager

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,031 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 07:07 PM

View PostMellifluer, on 25 January 2016 - 06:24 PM, said:

so what you are saying is.... comp groups suck the fun out of a game? because they want to win at all costs? and having fun is completely secondary to that, everyone else must suffer because of this "use every possible advantage in the sole pursuit of winning"?

sounds to me like comp groups have no business playing with normal plebs.

What I am saying is that people who are responsible enough to make themselves the best player possible should win. Those who do not do this get the second choice. This is not an easy pill, but it is the reality for most of life. Also last time I noticed, everyone has a choice in what mode they play - hint hint.

When I compete at bike races, I am always separated into an age/skill group. The problem is sometimes those groups may have as few as 4 people in them. This does not work in an online game.

There is the solo pug drop with pretty even rankings. The reg group Q is hardest, but it is bearable if you always max out your weight and never ever take a stock build without modules unless you are in the top .5% of players (yes there are a couple of moderate stock builds, but rule of thumb). Group Q does require skill and the MM does not work that well for it. If you want to have fun and can not be bothered to learn the skills, avoid group Q.

CW is easy mode if you never hit the defenders button and have a couple of friends and research who the big units are playing with. ATM those units are also taking the time to go to the VoiP for that is listed for that group and work with folks who drop in. People who are really good at something usually are very happy to help others learn.

Other than that if you do not want to buy cleats to play on a muddy field, I can probably not make a valid point.

#14 Gut

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 373 posts
  • LocationNear Dallas, TX

Posted 25 January 2016 - 07:31 PM

Theres a reason why esports games have tools to fight hack programs and everyone plays on the same/similar settings.

i would LOVE for the game to check the hacks. for real. i can't believe you're still harping on it. i. do. not. cheat. =D

#15 Glory in the Highest

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 07:32 PM

View PostGut, on 25 January 2016 - 07:31 PM, said:

i. do. not. cheat. =D

I heard that people who make eye contact and avoid saying contractions are more likely to be lying about video games.

#16 Errodien

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 227 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 07:32 PM

Posted Image

Edited by Errodien, 25 January 2016 - 08:16 PM.

#17 Alan Davion

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,333 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 07:38 PM

View PostCaptain Stiffy, on 25 January 2016 - 02:41 PM, said:

LOD = Level Of Detail

My bad. I've not been feeling well so I typed the wrong things.

The LOD, level of detail, and DD, draw distance, cannot be adjusted. The Draw Distance is the real killer, as that affects when certain terrain elements are drawn into the game or drawn out. Only a really high end computer, with all the settings on max will be able to load every terrain element on the map.

#18 TheMagician

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 779 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 07:40 PM

Most people I know do not use the low settings that clip the tops of hills, as you end up wasting too many shots, affecting your heat, and cooldowns, which are more important than simply seeing a piece of a mech on certain parts of certain maps. It's really not an advantage. In the past, it was a bigger issue, because on river city, and other maps, there were issues causing buildings to not draw. However, those have been largely addressed. The main reason people run low settings is to have a higher FPS during highly active engagements, where if you aren't running a grade A computer, you can risk losing enough frames to affect your play. Even then, low settings are still often not the best trade, and many opt for medium.

#19 Halimede

• PipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 29 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 07:53 PM

What Gut & Magician said. It would be nice if we could discuss stuff like this on the Forum without unfounded Hackusations though.

Edited by Valkyrie 707, 25 January 2016 - 07:54 PM.

#20 Aresye

• Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 07:56 PM

Posted Image

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users