Low Graphics Setting Wallhack Is Annoying.

25 replies to this topic

#21 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 25 January 2016 - 07:57 PM

View PostAlwrath, on 25 January 2016 - 04:31 PM, said:

Theres a reason why esports games have tools to fight hack programs and everyone plays on the same/similar settings.

Actually, League of Legends (most popular e-sport game) competitive teams all play at low settings. Shadows, spell effects, animated backgrounds, etc... are all too distracting in a game where milliseconds count. Low settings = tryhard mode, and it has been so for a while.

Edited by El Bandito, 25 January 2016 - 08:01 PM.

#22 GMan129

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 194 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 07:57 PM

View PostTheMagician, on 25 January 2016 - 07:40 PM, said:

Most people I know do not use the low settings that clip the tops of hills, as you end up wasting too many shots, affecting your heat, and cooldowns, which are more important than simply seeing a piece of a mech on certain parts of certain maps. It's really not an advantage. In the past, it was a bigger issue, because on river city, and other maps, there were issues causing buildings to not draw. However, those have been largely addressed. The main reason people run low settings is to have a higher FPS during highly active engagements, where if you aren't running a grade A computer, you can risk losing enough frames to affect your play. Even then, low settings are still often not the best trade, and many opt for medium.

in other words, if someone's intentionally lowering graphics settings to see through walls...they won't be able to know when the person they see is actually exposed. theoretically, this could be abused for scouting data, or potentially people could spend a ridiculous amount of time learning the edges...maaaaybe. but idk, i wouldnt count on it. i would obviously like pgi to fix these issues though as it causes unpredictability.

#23 TFun90

• PipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • 48 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 08:00 PM

SJR's darkest secret? Performance enhancing drugs.

http://www.nationalh...or.com/probrain

Maximum dose required in order to become prospect, along with vaccination records of your new cat.

#24 Errodien

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 227 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 09:43 PM

View PostTFun90, on 25 January 2016 - 08:00 PM, said:

SJR's darkest secret? Performance enhancing drugs.

http://www.nationalh...or.com/probrain

Maximum dose required in order to become prospect, along with vaccination records of your new cat.

Posted Image

#25 Rouza

Rookie

• The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 8 posts
  • LocationHuddersfield UK

Posted 26 January 2016 - 11:08 AM

#26 Ghogiel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 11:26 AM

LOD in this context is Level of Detail. there are 2 systems at play, the dynamic terrain subdivision in CE, which I dunno how to fix, mechs standing in the drop zone on boreal ERLLing look like they are floating etc.
And a discrete LOD system for meshes, ie buildings, rocks, stuff, which can be improved. Considerably. PGI has some terrible LODs. I could fix most of the crap in the game with a few days work.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users