• LocationPomme de Terre

Posted 26 January 2016 - 03:37 PM

Another close support loadout, BLR-1S

#22 AnimosityMonk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 207 posts
  • LocationRight behind that rock over there.

Posted 26 January 2016 - 04:29 PM

The last thing this game needs is yet another LMB, no brains required, laser vomit mech. Leone has the best "all around" mech build.

#23 Tiamat of the Sea

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 04:51 PM

MWO:Mechlab - BLR-1S

Nothing says a good time like always being able to shoot something. Can be operated with two weapon groups (torso weapons/arm weapons) but works even better with three (MLas/SRM/LRM). You can hang back during the early snipe/rock-chucking phase and heave LRMs over a hill or terrain (or get your own targets, even, with the Beagle- revolutionary!) But when something gets past your allies or you run out of LRMs, you've got a nice fat engine for getting in there and wrecking faces that, ideally, are already partly busted.

Pretty straightforwards, honestly.

I do this because I don't think new pilots should be encouraged to peek over things at long range for large laser hits when they've got that giant box on the torso- but at close range, it hardly matters anymore, since assaults are kinda hueg.

Also, the LRMs are in the arms because low hardpoints can cause ally damage, and that's not good. At least with LRMs there, it's unlikely to actually hurt a teammate.

Also, yes, at least 20 back armor on each torso, because new pilots need a chance to actually turn around when something sneaks up behind them, rather than just sort of falling over.

#24 Spheroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,060 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 26 January 2016 - 06:04 PM

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...0f03b1007359339

Battlemaster-2C "The Survivor"
350 STD
97% max armor
4x mlas
2x LLAS
2x AMS 2-3 tons ammo
20-21 DHS

Weapon group 1 = alpha
Weapon group 2 = LLAS
Weapon group 3 = mlas

The alpha is not super high, but seeing as it will be used by noobs and those without unlocks or radar deprevation I feel this is a very reasonable submission.

Edited by Spheroid, 26 January 2016 - 06:10 PM.

#25 Windscape

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • 755 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 06:19 PM

well wubmaster obviously

#26 Butumali

• Pip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 06:25 PM

Similar to Leon's

BLR-1G

I use an UAC 5 instead and prefer to have the 350 engine.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...c72041843d41308

#27 Carmenblade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • General
  • 839 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationTerra Firma

Posted 26 January 2016 - 06:29 PM

BLR-1G

Edited by Carmenblade, 26 January 2016 - 06:34 PM.

#28 grendeldog

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 340 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 06:46 PM

View PostGMan129, on 26 January 2016 - 01:04 PM, said:

BLR-2C

I just shuffled around some armor values: I took some off of the head, cause you don't need a full 18; I took some off of each left to put more on the left shield arm, and slightly adjusted the values for front and back on the three torso segments. Other than that it looks like a solid build to me.

#29 grendeldog

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 340 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 07:17 PM

View PostOptimus Poes II, on 26 January 2016 - 03:32 PM, said:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...de14d028ac64833

BLR-1S

Designed for the versatile champion pilot, a stnd engine for superior durability in and on the battlefield.
Friendlies need help with enemies at range? no problem. LRM tactical support fire and lrg laser burn will keep enemies locked in corners.
Pissed-off too many fast rollers and they're heading your way?..couple of mp's and 4's to make them regret face hugging you.

The only prodigy of its kind, the BLR-1S...for the true champion pilot.

That is sooooooo much ammo, way too much. If you want to go with a LL / SRM / LRM build like you have, at least take it somewhere like this:

BLR-1S

There's two and a half tons of ammo for the LRMs, one and a half tons for the SRMs (I typically go for one ton of ammo for each SRM6, so you effectively have an SRM8, round up from 1.33 to 1.5 tons ammo), and one ton of AMS ammo.

I put the MPL to regular mediums to take advantage of the -10% medium laser heat gen quirk (you'll want every bit of heat efficiency quirking you can get since the most I could get out of it with this set of weapons was only 30% in smurf-lab).

I shuffled the greatly-reduced ammo count and thus eliminated the need for CASE, and then I added heat sinks. Finally I put the two LL on the right side for early match right-side corner peeking, and the two ML on the left for later in the match where your ML and SRM4s hit closer together.

Honestly it's not a build I would play on the BLR chassis - the Orion is likely better suited to a lasers + SRM + LRM setup. It's also a heavy, freeing up an assault lance spot for a different assault that is more direct fire oriented. But if you were to run an SRM and LRM setup on the BLR-1S, this build is much more optimized.

#30 Neput Z34

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 244 posts
  • Location...far away from a Land of my birth...

Posted 26 January 2016 - 07:45 PM

"Universal" build BLR-3S(C)

STD325, 3x LPL, 3x MPL, 20 DHS

#31 old man odin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 270 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 26 January 2016 - 08:41 PM

BLR-1G aka "Bang Bus"

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...355d7d203c288fe

#32 Juju Shinobi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 168 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 26 January 2016 - 08:44 PM

Battlemaster 2C
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...2f369f2ec2d0e67

In memory of the 1G Bang Bus, this carries over similar elements of the 1G. It has all high mounts with LPLs and MLs which sync up nicely in terms of range, burn time and whatnot. It teaches the noobs how to ridge peak and make use of high weapon mounts. The XL gives them speed to book it while also teaching them how to spread damage and not just take everything to the face.

View PostGarrick Kael, on 26 January 2016 - 02:03 PM, said:

BLR-3S (benefits from MPL quirks)

2x LPL, 4x MPL, 1x SRM6 (5.43 sustained DPS)

This is a bit of a brawler. While I find it distasteful to leave slots unused, with the arms empty this BLR can help a new player learn proper shielding.

Too many weapon systems and weapon ranges

#33 Assault One

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 134 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 09:17 PM

BLR1-S

Three weapon groups should be easy enough to handle for newer players, I think. LRM 15 at range, four Medium Lasers and a pair of Streak 2s for close range.

#34 Solis Obscuri

Don't Care How I Want It Now!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 4,751 posts
  • LocationPomme de Terre

Posted 26 January 2016 - 09:31 PM

A take on the BLR-1G with strong close-mid range capabilities. LB/10-x AC can crack some components in opened sections while it cools down, which is nice.

#35 P e a k T o p

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,581 posts
  • LocationKazan city, Russia

Posted 26 January 2016 - 09:45 PM

BLR-3S (C)

#36 Virlutris

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,443 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationVery likely goofing off in a match near you.

Posted 26 January 2016 - 10:40 PM

View PostGMan129, on 26 January 2016 - 01:04 PM, said:

View PostSaint Scarlett Johan, on 26 January 2016 - 02:00 PM, said:

Slight modifications from the builds quoted above. Balances speed, gains cooling and syncs up the lasers.

BLR-2C: STD325, 3LPL, 3ML, 11 external DHS (21 total)

Edited by Virlutris, 26 January 2016 - 10:48 PM.

#37 GMan129

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 194 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 11:55 PM

View Postgrendeldog, on 26 January 2016 - 06:46 PM, said:

BLR-2C

I just shuffled around some armor values: I took some off of the head, cause you don't need a full 18; I took some off of each left to put more on the left shield arm, and slightly adjusted the values for front and back on the three torso segments. Other than that it looks like a solid build to me.

fwiw the sweet spots for the head are 6 and 16, with 11 as a sortamaybekinda option. internal structure on the head is 15 (lot of misinformation out there but ive done plenty of testing and never got an answer other than 15, willing to be proven wrong but dont just cite the wiki or something), so 16 will protect you from a dual gauss if the dual gauss doesnt crit (though if it does crit youre ****** anyways). but going for the absolute minimum to protect you from that sort of thing is a bit cocky so i like to go for 17 or 18 if possible to protect against follow-ups from random lasers. same deals for 6 (ac/20 or dual ppc) and 11 (gauss + ppc or ac5 + dual ppc, less relevant nowadays but used to be important). and you can definitely afford to drop that left arm a bit to give your head some cover

#38 RudWolf

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 20 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 01:37 AM

Agility master

BLR 2C (2x LPL, 3xMPL, XL400)

2C has the best structure and mobility quirks + highest torso yaw, so why not take advantage of it? Maybe the alpha is not the highest, but high mobility and agile torso twisting will grant you enough survivability to be the decisive force on battlefield.

Edited by RudWolf, 27 January 2016 - 01:40 AM.

#39 Soviet Alex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 626 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 02:21 AM

Would like to see the Battlemaster-1Gb, but none of the current chassis variants in MWO have the hardpoints to build it. And every time I go to the Battlemaster page on sarna.net it crashes Chrome. It's clearly going to be one of those days. Posted Image

#40 Taj

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 153 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLodz, Poland

Posted 27 January 2016 - 02:43 AM

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...d5ea125b31c3543

6 ML