4 replies to this topic

#1 ReemusX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 299 posts
  • LocationMidwest USA

Posted 24 January 2016 - 06:03 AM

Only a month into MWO myself but I have some sound advice....

When you see your teammate stationary and pounding it out with the enemy who pops in and out around the same corner.... DON'T WALK IN BETWEEN HIM

Yes I know you are eager to shoot something.... but you will get yourself killed and probably your buddy.

I can't tell you how many times I have had a corner or spot covered in my KGC with dual AC/20s and I am out of the way of blocking anyone who wants to go around BEHIND me....and here comes some player who walks right in front of me and stops as I am firing the 20s....and then keeps stopping in front of me.

Don't get in a rush... there are 12 bad guys to shoot in every match. If you see your team all clustered up in one spot.... Odds are you aren't going to break through and get off any clean shots without getting yourself drilled by your team or hitting your own guys.

Just some advice....

#2 Digital_Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 441 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 06:59 AM

If only everyone had that level of common sense 1 month into the game.

#3 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 07:51 AM

To make this very simple Basically you pass on the outside of a mech, aka swing wide..

You don't pass on the inside and cut off peoples firing lines as two mechs side by side, is 100% better, than one mech crossing in front..

On a side note... Leave enough room for someone to pass on your outside shoulder so they don't need to pass in front. also try to push out, and then back at the same time. As 2 mechs round a corner, you can add on twice the fire, and only one of you will take damage. (when applicable)

last rule.. Never JJ over someone and land directly in front of them.

Edited by JC Daxion, 26 January 2016 - 09:31 AM.

#4 Khereg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 919 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 26 January 2016 - 10:55 AM

View PostReemusX, on 24 January 2016 - 06:03 AM, said:

I can't tell you how many times I have had a corner or spot covered in my KGC with dual AC/20s and I am out of the way of blocking anyone who wants to go around BEHIND me....and here comes some player who walks right in front of me and stops as I am firing the 20s....and then keeps stopping in front of me.

Teamkilling is bad. Never, ever teamkill.

No matter how seemingly justified, even it if might send an incredibly effective message to the offending teammate, and especially even if it won't negatively affect your team's ability to win the match, never ever, under any circumstances teamkill someone.

Even if it's an accidental firing of a dual AC20 from a KGC when you really, really thought the firing arc was clear, teamkilling is never justified and you should feel terrible and self-flagellate for at least an hour if it happens.

Am I making myself clear?

Edited by Khereg, 26 January 2016 - 01:01 PM.

#5 S 0 L E N Y A

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,031 posts
  • LocationWest Side

Posted 26 January 2016 - 02:51 PM

not gonna lie, sometimes a nub jumpin in front of me has saved my butt. Not trying to say I welcome the experience, but I cant count the times some tool jumped in front of me and unintentionally took a big hit for me, allowing me to finish off an enemy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users