Streaks And Artemis

74 replies to this topic

#61 Moldur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 09:35 PM

PGI can't code themselves out of a box, lets not hold our breath.

#62 dario03

• Galaxy Commander
  • 3,622 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 10:13 PM

View PosttortuousGoddess, on 28 January 2016 - 08:45 PM, said:

I see a lot of people crying for a fix to something that isn't a real problem, without offering a realistic solution to how to actually fix it in a way that works for mechs with both SSRMs and LRMs.

I posted one on page 3...

View Postdario03, on 28 January 2016 - 11:45 AM, said:

Well two lock ons would be nice but a quicker fix would be the good ol' quirk system. On a artemis equipped mech put 2 sets of streaks in the mechlab, one with the extra crit and ton that would keep working like now. the other without but they come with a negative quirk that lowers the effectiveness of artemis. Make it percentage based or a ratio based on amount of lrms and ssrms or something similar.
So something like a streakcrow would get zero benefit from artemis unless it spends the weight and crits, but something like a 3lrmx, 3ssrmx maddog would get something like half the benefit by giving up some lock time from the lrms or it could spend the tons and crits. Though I would make it so you need to spend the tonnage/crits or get hit by a big penalty.

Easy change. But if it some how isn't they could start with a really easy one. Make it so that a all streak boat doesn't get the benefits of artemis. Wouldn't be a big change but a 5ssrm would have to drop down to a 4ssrm, 1lrm and bring at least one ton of ammo to work (half ton not good enough).

#63 Ratpoison

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 851 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 10:18 PM

View Postdario03, on 28 January 2016 - 10:13 PM, said:

I posted one on page 3...

Easy change. But if it some how isn't they could start with a really easy one. Make it so that a all streak boat doesn't get the benefits of artemis. Wouldn't be a big change but a 5ssrm would have to drop down to a 4ssrm, 1lrm and bring at least one ton of ammo to work (half ton not good enough).

I read your post. Flagrant lore breaking and huge nerfs are not acceptable solutions.

#64 dario03

• Galaxy Commander
  • 3,622 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 10:24 PM

View PosttortuousGoddess, on 28 January 2016 - 10:18 PM, said:

I read your post. Flagrant lore breaking and huge nerfs are not acceptable solutions.

Ummmm Streaks don't work like they do in lore anyways.
And that isn't a huge nerf.

#65 Darian DelFord

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 29 January 2016 - 03:58 AM

View PosttortuousGoddess, on 28 January 2016 - 08:45 PM, said:

I see a lot of people crying for a fix to something that isn't a real problem, without offering a realistic solution to how to actually fix it in a way that works for mechs with both SSRMs and LRMs.

Read my OP, I stated all that needs to be done, add in the weight and crit slots and I will have no problems with them. LRM's and SRM's work to the same degree other than range and minimum range

#66 Ratpoison

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 851 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 04:02 AM

View PostDarian DelFord, on 29 January 2016 - 03:58 AM, said:

Read my OP, I stated all that needs to be done, add in the weight and crit slots and I will have no problems with them. LRM's and SRM's work to the same degree other than range and minimum range

Obviously, I read it before making that statement, so your restatement means nothing to me. What's with you guys popping up, thinking your bad plans are an exception to what I've said?

#67 dario03

• Galaxy Commander
  • 3,622 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 04:05 AM

View PosttortuousGoddess, on 29 January 2016 - 04:02 AM, said:

Obviously, I read it before making that statement, so your restatement means nothing to me. What's with you guys popping up, thinking your bad plans are an exception to what I've said?

Ummm what makes you think people should care about what you think anymore than what you think of their ideas? Especially since you haven't really put much substance into any post in here.

#68 Ratpoison

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 851 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 04:16 AM

View Postdario03, on 29 January 2016 - 04:05 AM, said:

Ummm what makes you think people should care about what you think anymore than what you think of their ideas? Especially since you haven't really put much substance into any post in here.

The fact that you can't even see how your idea is hard nerfing one of the worst weapons in the game makes it pretty clear that you don't have enough knowledge of the game to constructively talk about this. It would be like trying to teach algebra to someone who doesn't even understand basic math. I wouldn't waste my time, and besides, it's an absurd enough idea that PGI will obviously ignore it anyway.

#69 Aiden Skye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander II
  • Galaxy Commander II
  • 1,364 posts
  • LocationThe Rock

Posted 29 January 2016 - 04:24 AM

Honestly with almost every light mech you see being either a firestarter or an arctic cheetah, I have little sympathy for them and their grizzly end when running into a streak boat, bugged or not.

#70 PyckenZot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 870 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAnderlecht, Belgium

Posted 29 January 2016 - 04:52 AM

Just don't get into SSRM range,... as a light pilot that shouldn't be that much of a problem. (ie. situational awareness can get you a long way)

#71 Aethon

• Mercenary
  • 2,037 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, Niles, Kerensky Cluster

Posted 29 January 2016 - 11:53 AM

View PostDarian DelFord, on 28 January 2016 - 10:44 AM, said:

So they lock at just under 1 second currently with the bugged Artemis and you want them to lock faster? The problem is as someone stated Artemis is a free upgrade for streaks with none of the draw backs. If they want Artemis to affect streaks go for i t, but it needs to cost an extra ton as well as an extra crit space.

Faster than LRM's, yes. Faster than they do with Artemis, no. Read the post I quoted when I said that for the full context.

#72 Darian DelFord

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 29 January 2016 - 12:38 PM

View PosttortuousGoddess, on 29 January 2016 - 04:16 AM, said:

The fact that you can't even see how your idea is hard nerfing one of the worst weapons in the game makes it pretty clear that you don't have enough knowledge of the game to constructively talk about this. It would be like trying to teach algebra to someone who doesn't even understand basic math. I wouldn't waste my time, and besides, it's an absurd enough idea that PGI will obviously ignore it anyway.

Not one of the worst weapons in the game. A good streaker can rack up damage and kills easily. They just can't be the center of attention. My idea is no hard nerfing anything. Currently Streaks get the benefit of speed acquisition for absolutely nothing. This is a bug that needs to be fixed.

I have no problem with streaks being a hard counter to lights. I have no problem with artemis working with streaks so long as they tonnage and the crit's are added in as well. Its hard enough playing a light in this game. The heavies and assaults have bitched long enough to have nerfed us into the ground. We have to hide in the shadows, and pray to god that some mech 600+ meters away does not have LoS on us when we pop out.

View PostPyckenZot, on 29 January 2016 - 04:52 AM, said:

Just don't get into SSRM range,... as a light pilot that shouldn't be that much of a problem. (ie. situational awareness can get you a long way)

The issue is most lights are less than 200 meters. And streaks at least clan streaks have just under 400 meter range. Really hard to stay out of that as small as the maps are and as quick as some of these boats move.

#73 dario03

• Galaxy Commander
  • 3,622 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 01:05 PM

View PosttortuousGoddess, on 29 January 2016 - 04:16 AM, said:

I seem to do pretty well for not knowing anything about the game.

And its kind of hard to take you seriously when you dont offer any counter points to suggestions. Especially when multiple suggestions are made and one was very minor.
Well you did have one counter point about it being lore breaking, which is funny since according to lore streaks are just for ammo conservation and dont work with artemis soooo... my suggestion would actually make it more lore appropriate.

Oh and I also suggested adjusting ssrms to be more effective against heavies and assaults so its not a straight nerf.

You should try for less insults and attitude and more substance in your posts.

Edited by dario03, 29 January 2016 - 01:06 PM.

#74 pwnface

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 01:38 PM

They should just a code a proper missile lock for streaks that are separate from LRM locks. PGI's laziness is the root of the problem. I have no issue with the current strength of streaks. They should simply make the current Artemis bugged streak lock on time the normal time for streaks without artemis. They can fix the inherently bugged/broken mechanic without messing with balance. This would also allow for certain mechs to be quirked to have even faster lock on time or tighter spread for streaks.

#75 PyckenZot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 870 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAnderlecht, Belgium

Posted 31 January 2016 - 08:18 AM

View PostDarian DelFord, on 29 January 2016 - 12:38 PM, said:

The issue is most lights are less than 200 meters. And streaks at least clan streaks have just under 400 meter range. Really hard to stay out of that as small as the maps are and as quick as some of these boats move.

Hence me stating that situational awareness can get you a long way. It is rare a drop that contains more than 1 or 2 streakboats. Stay away from them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users