Payback Ii Event Updated!

168 replies to this topic

#161 SmoothCriminal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 815 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 08:54 AM

I bought the origins pack to farm some C-Bills and get acquainted with the HGN-II(C). That was an error. Origin mechs are pretty terrible.

#162 Ironically Ironclad Irony

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • 192 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 09:30 AM

View PostSmoothCriminal, on 01 February 2016 - 08:54 AM, said:

I bought the origins pack to farm some C-Bills and get acquainted with the HGN-II(C). That was an error. Origin mechs are pretty terrible.

Jenner is a blast, hunchback is cool. The rest... meh...

They are all pretty squishy... keep that in mind and their fine...

#163 scgt1

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 291 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationArlington, TX

Posted 01 February 2016 - 09:38 AM

View PostIronically Ironclad Irony, on 01 February 2016 - 09:30 AM, said:

Can't beat the O model with 6 SSRM2's Just hold that button down and circle em. LOL

#164 Krispy Fiend

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 25 posts
  • LocationDC/MD/VA, United States

Posted 01 February 2016 - 09:56 AM

View PostIronically Ironclad Irony, on 01 February 2016 - 09:30 AM, said:

Yeah, that's why I only got those two when I ordered my Origins pack. The Orions and the Highlanders seemed kind of lack luster with their hard point locations. But I've seen a few pilots do well with their Highlanders, you just have to be careful with where and when you engage.

#165 Luscious Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 01 February 2016 - 10:58 AM

Glad I stuck to the Hunchy package. It's a strong 50 tonner and I think I'll be happier with a Kodiak over a Highlander IIC :)

#166 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 02 February 2016 - 01:05 PM

<*Looks back at event*> ... Sure, I completed it... Another of the three of us who use this computer completed it... but the third one has such a bloody hard time reacting while playing that they can't easily gain C-bills to purchase anything, deal damage, or much of anything... This event really should have run for at least 7 days, in order to compensate for the increased KMDD requirement, so at least they would have had a damn chance. They needed 4 days for 15 KMDD, so PGI had blocked them in the first place by only giving 3.5 days while requiring 20 KMDD. It makes me feel awful that they're effectively left out, and angry at PGI for setting too narrow a time table. :angry:

~D. V. "A fast retrospective... It ain't me I'm thinking about." Devnull

#167 testhero

• PipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 86 posts
  • LocationOrloff, Dutchy of Orloff

Posted 07 February 2016 - 06:20 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 02 February 2016 - 01:05 PM, said:

<*Looks back at event*> ... Sure, I completed it... Another of the three of us who use this computer completed it... but the third one has such a bloody hard time reacting while playing that they can't easily gain C-bills to purchase anything, deal damage, or much of anything... This event really should have run for at least 7 days, in order to compensate for the increased KMDD requirement, so at least they would have had a damn chance. They needed 4 days for 15 KMDD, so PGI had blocked them in the first place by only giving 3.5 days while requiring 20 KMDD. It makes me feel awful that they're effectively left out, and angry at PGI for setting too narrow a time table. Posted Image

I hope all three of you are doing better in the current double xp event.
If PGI puts on another short competition I suggest that you let your third player go first and coach them as they play!
20 KMDD was a goal that should have provided a moderately hard challenge for a brand new player.

If you are still getting stuck on these challenges drop by Housemarik.enjinvoice.com teamspeak server and hop in the Help channel.
We coached two new players during that challenge and we all know that Mechwarrior is a hard game to get up to speed in.

All the House and Clan TeamSpeak servers have some sort of help channel and many have specific GRINDHOUSE channels for people grinding out competitions. Most of the regulars understand having limited time to play and finish comps so just jump into a help or LFG (Looking for Group) channel and ask for help grinding the comp.

I don't Know what the House Laio TS (www.stives.enjin.com) is like but if your preferred house can't help you the purple chicken people over here at House Marik will.

#168 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 08 February 2016 - 09:20 AM

Okay, a quick part-by-part reply to be had here...

View Posttesthero, on 07 February 2016 - 06:20 AM, said:

<<<snip>>>

I hope all three of you are doing better in the current double xp event.
If PGI puts on another short competition I suggest that you let your third player go first and coach them as they play!
20 KMDD was a goal that should have provided a moderately hard challenge for a brand new player.

I've tried to coach them already, but I suspect it's something to do with my own voice... I wasn't born with a very good one. Simply put, a lot of what I say doesn't stick in their head, or at least for some reason it can't turn into instinct for them... Pretty sure it's my fault, even though I don't totally figure how. :unsure:

If you are still getting stuck on these challenges drop by Housemarik.enjinvoice.com teamspeak server and hop in the Help channel.
We coached two new players during that challenge and we all know that Mechwarrior is a hard game to get up to speed in.

All the House and Clan TeamSpeak servers have some sort of help channel and many have specific GRINDHOUSE channels for people grinding out competitions. Most of the regulars understand having limited time to play and finish comps so just jump into a help or LFG (Looking for Group) channel and ask for help grinding the comp.

Roger... I'll try to point them in your direction. Although, it would be useful to know what ones there are for the Clans... They happen to be across the field in those Factions at the moment. :huh:

I don't Know what the House Laio TS (www.stives.enjin.com) is like but if your preferred house can't help you the purple chicken people over here at House Marik will.

Wait... there's another House Liao TS, other than houseliaovoice.com ?!?!? Any chance you could tell me if there's a Port Number or Pass that I'll need? :blink:

~D. V. "Hmm... Okay... Wha???" Devnull

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users